The times when tech media pundits talked about businesses transitioning from a desktop to mobile or even them adopting a mobile-first approach are long time gone, it became mobile from a get-go. By default.
In the heart of this mobile revolution is a mobile app. According to Newzoo data, today about half of the world’s population (3.6 billion people) has a smartphone, and on average these people use 30 apps monthly. The scope of the mobile app market, as of Q4 2019, is the following – iOS device users have 1.84 million mobile apps to choose from and the Google’s Android App Store boasts 2.57 million apps.
According to a 2020 report by app market data and analytics firm App Annie, in 2020 the total time spent in mobile apps worldwide reached more than 3 hours and 40 minutes a day on average. According to eMarketer, in 2018 US consumers spent 2 hrs and 35 minutes a day online on their smartphones in mobile apps and only 26 minutes in a mobile web browser.
So, keeping this picture of a highly competitive mobile app market in mind, imagine what it takes for an app developer to compete. In a nutshell, today marketing an app is as tough as developing it. One way of meeting this immense app marketing challenge is to hire a mobile app marketing agency that offers marketing apps via multiple channels and has the expertise in reaching particular app user audiences.
Now the question is – what will an app marketing agency do for your app?
Some people question if it’s worth getting a specialist agency or whether you can work in-house and cut your budget on mobile apps marketing. Here is a brief sketch of what you should expect from working with a mobile app marketing agency.
A marketing plan, that an app marketing agency team will devise for your app, will consist of – an app’s marketing potential analysis, the right app marketing channels to use, possible adjustments for your app’s marketing copy and creatives to produce. The app marketing best practices also demand an agency to carefully measure KPIs (stands for Key Performance Indicators) of such app marketing campaigns. There is one set of apps promotion techniques that stands out from the rest – Growth Hacking. Essentially it’s about finding the ways for a particular mobile app to grow its number of users and revenue via applying non-standard app marketing techniques, preferably with a low budget.
The next up question is – what types of app marketing agencies are out there?
There is a range of types of mobile app marketing companies that can help you with your marketing campaign:
- A specialist mobile agency can serve your app’s marketing needs via some particular marketing channel, for instance, Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads, Instagram Ads, App Store Optimization, PR, and so on.
- A general agency, with a mobile app marketing agency within it, which initially started as a digital one and later added mobile experience, when a smartphone took off as a new marketing channel.
- A mobile advertising agency is focusing on mobile media buying. Media buyers negotiate and purchase audience-targeted time and advertising space to convey a marketing message.
- Some app marketing agencies focus purely on App Store Optimization and capable to drive mobile app user acquisition via the Apple’s App Store, Google Play or both.
- Others focus on mobile campaign strategy, analytics of a mobile app user in-app behavior, traffic attribution and more.
Top Mobile App Marketing Companies:
- Moburst - Mobile Done Right
- Airship - Mobile Marketing Solutions
- Nara Media - Level up your performance marketing
- Gummicube - Get the best app store optimization service from our experts
- The ASO Project - Full-Service App Store Optimization Agency
- Performcb - #1 Performance Marketing Network Worldwide
- SplitMetrics - Unlock mobile growth
- REPLUG - ENABLING YOUR MOBILE GROWTH
- MobileAction - Boost your app growth with competitor intelligence
- App Growth Network - North America’s Leading App Marketing Agency
- Bango - Reach high spending payers in similar apps to yours
- SEM Nexus - Startup App Marketing Experts
- Yodel Mobile - The leading global app marketing consultancy
- AdQuantum - Profit Share, Revenue Acquisition, CPA, CPI
- Favoured - App Marketing Agency Co-Founded By Former Apple Marketing Lead
- ASOMobile - Mobile app analytics based on machine learning
- Zoomd - Zoomd. See the Big Picture, Down to the Finest Detail
- Studio Mosaic - Your App Growth Partner
- Adjust - Mobile Measurement Partner
- AppTweak - #1 ASO Tool for Apps & Games Driven by Data Science
- URLgenius - Codeless App Linking and QR Codes
- PreApps - #1 App Marketing Agency
- Growth FullStack - Custom BI for advertisers of all sizes
- Remerge - Growth Specialist for App Businesses
- Phiture - We Help Apps Grow
Having the above-described picture of the mobile app marketing industry, we’ve decided to get together the facts and created a guide that covers the best mobile marketing companies 2021 to consider. Our list includes big international agencies with broad creative marketing capabilities to boutique marketing companies focussing solely on mobile apps. Each of the companies listed has something different to offer.
List of mobile app marketing agencies, companies and services
Moburst is a mobile growth marketing agency founded in 2013 with branches in the US and Tel-Aviv. Moburst’s clients include some of the biggest brands in the world such as Google, Uber, Reddit, YouTube, Samsung, and many other amazing startups, gaming companies, and brands. Its team of growth experts promoted 600+ products in the past seven years and helped many start-ups gain more organic users, boost ROI on paid media and improve their products. Its user acquisition is achieved through a selection of hyper-targeted, remarketing, influencers, and brand engagement campaigns get the right message to the right user, at the right time. Its mixture of media channels are ideal to fit your goals and budget, including RTB/exchanges, social, ad-networks, premium publishers, video, retargeting, influencers and search.
- Services: Mobile Campaigns, Media Management and Optimization, Influencers Marketing, Mobile Strategy, App Store Optimization and SEO, A/B Testing, Product Consulting, Creative Production, Video Production, Social Management and Website Production.
- Offices: New York, San Francisco and Tel-Aviv
- Tagline: Doing mobile right
Perform[cb] is the #1 Performance Marketplace in the world, offering strategic plans tailored to meet their clients’ specific marketing goals – all while only paying for new customers versus simply impressions or clicks. Perform[cb], formerly Clickbooth, Adperio, and Ignite OPM, empowers brands to acquire new customers through incremental digital channels on a pay-for-results model. Our proprietary technology, specialized strategy development, and highly curated partner marketplace align “cost-per” pricing with customer lifetime value.
- Products: Performance Marketing, Ad Fraud Tools, App Installs, Affiliate Marketing, App Marketing, Mobile Marketing
- Tagline: #1 Performance Marketing Network Worldwide
Learn more about Performcb
MobileAction is an app marketing insights & intelligence tool. Founded in 2013, the company has become the only platform that provides intelligence and analytics tools for every step in the app growth journey.
- Intelligence products include: Ad Intelligence, App Store Optimization (ASO) Intelligence, Market Intelligence, App Intelligence, SDK Intelligence.
- Tagline: Boost your app growth with competitor intelligence
Learn more about MobileAction
URLgenius offers app marketers and developers a patented, cloud-based alternative for app linking and QR code capabilities that increase conversion from any channel. Our technology streamlines the mobile experience with links that open specific screens in your app while bypassing the website login friction typically encountered when clicking from social ads or from inside other apps.Learn more about URLgenius
The ASO Project is a full-service App Store Optimization agency. Increase your app\'s organic installs with a data-driven App Store Optimization strategy, a dedicated team of ASO Pros, Apple Search Ad experts, designers, video editors, mobile strategists and a custom reporting dashboard.Learn more about The ASO Project
We’re Favoured. A results-driven performance marketing agency specialising in app marketing to drive growth, stickiness, and retention. Formed in 2017 by a former Apple Marketing Lead who wanted to bring his experience from “inside the machine” to app companies directly.
- Services: app marketing strategy, app advertising, full-funnel app marketing, email marketing, in-app and push marketing, app growth marketing, graphics and video creatives
- Offices: London, UK.
- Tagline: Award Winning Mobile Marketing Agency Founded By Former Marketing Lead At Apple
Learn more about Favoured
Gummicube revolutionized mobile marketing in 2010 as the first App Store Optimization company. Gummicube’s DATACUBE ™ software leverages proprietary ‘big data for mobile’ to understand search trends and the competitive landscape inside of the app stores. By using DATACUBE, mobile search data and user behavior is no longer a black box — resulting in greater visibility, more high-quality organic downloads and a lower overall cost of user acquisition.
- Services: App Store Optimization, Mobile App Marketing, Review & User Sentiment Management, Social Influencer Program,
- Offices: San Jose, US
- Tagline: We’re dedicated to helping your mobile app find its audience.
Learn more about Gummicube
App Growth Network is a global app marketing agency with three major area of focus – App Product Marketing, App Growth Marketing (UA) and Analytics.
- Type: Marketing analytics, In-app analytics
- Platforms supported: iOS, Android.
- Offices: Vancouver, Canada
- Services: App Marketing, App Store Optimization (ASO), Analytics & Engagement, Paid User Acquisition, Prelaunch and Launch planning & execution.
- Tagline: Analyze, Optimize, Grow
Learn more about App Growth Network
Airshipis global mobile app marketing automation platform that helps brand owners to grow their business. Plus to the extensive suite of app marketing tools, it provides sophisticated mobile analytics system. It features user-level customer intelligence tool to reveal mobile app users cohorts that drive revenue, tools to predict and prevent mobile app churn, as well as to track mobile users behavioral patterns.
- Type: in-app analytics, Marketing analytics
- Pricing: available upon request
- Demo: available
- User guide: available
Learn more about Airship
There is a science to app marketing, and most companies do not know how to do it properly. We utilize every digital marketing tool at our disposal to get your app off the ground.
- Services: Paid Search, Paid Social, ASO, Influencer Marketing
- Offices: New York, US
- Tagline: Startup marketing experts
REPLUG is a leading app marketing consulting agency, supporting mobile-first startups and traditional organizations launching and scaling their mobile apps.
- Services: Growth Consulting, Paid User Acquisition, Apple Search Ads, Social Media Marketing, App Store Optimization, User Engagement, Mobile CRM
- Tagline: ENABLING YOUR MOBILE GROWTH
|2019||10 - 50|
Phiture is a multi-award-winning mobile growth consultancy and agency working with the teams behind leading apps. Using the company’s industry-acclaimed Mobile Growth Stack as a strategic framework, Phiture team offers 5 key services: App Store Optimization, Performance Marketing, User Retention/CRM, Subscription Revenue Optimization services and Growth Consulting.
Services: Mobile Growth, App Store Optimization, Performance Marketing, Subscription Revenue Optimization and User Retention / CRM
Growth FullStack empowers mobile developers to adapt to a privacy-first world and continue pursuing their marketing analytics goals via ETL service and best in class training. The platform is designed to turn data into powerful insights for mobile developers so that they can drive growth for their business. By providing them with a fully automated data pipeline, we empower mobile publishers to focus on building great games without spending time and resources dealing with complex datasets and hiring in-house data engineering teams.
- Tagline: Custom BI for advertisers of all sizes
- Services: App Analytics, Ad Analytics, Business Intelligence, App Marketing
Learn more about Growth FullStack
PreApps is the app marketing platform for app businesses to launch and market their app to significantly boost the number of downloads and increase sales. From first time app creators to Billion Dollar apps, PreApps signature programs have helped thousands of apps reach over 550,000,000 downloads so far.
Over the past 9 years, PreApps has developed proven programs that take a first time app business owner through a unique and seamless process to launch their app successfully and reach their business goals.
- Services: Pre-Launch Beta Testing, App Review Submission, Publicity, Video Demo Creation And Distribution, ASO
- Offices: Boston, US
- Tagline: #1 App Marketing Agency
Learn more about PreApps
Yodel Mobile is the leading global app marketing consultancy and Mobile Agency of the Year 2019, specialising in launching and scaling apps.
Since their inception in 2007, they’ve launched and aided the growth of over 200 apps. They work with clients from single territory start-ups to established, multi-territory, international brands such as mytaxi, NBCUniversal, UKTV, Bauer Media, Fujifilm, The Economist, Teletext Holidays and Gymshark.
- Services: Launch or scaling strategy, Organic acquisition, Paid user acquisition, Retention and engagement, Data
- Offices: London, UK.
- Tagline: Global and local marketing expertise for app driven businesses
Learn more about Yodel Mobile
|2015||51 - 100||30k|
SplitMetrics is a company behind an ecosystem of mobile marketing solutions for developers and advertisers. We help publishers to ensure app growth at every stage of their apps or games’ lifecycle.
SearchAdsHQ is a platform for Apple Search Ads automation and optimization, Apple Search Ads Partner.
SplitMetrics is a solution for mobile A/B testing, app ideas & game concepts validation.
SplitMetrics Agency provides app growth services by app marketing experts.Learn more about SplitMetrics
Studio Mosaic is an award-winning mobile app marketing agency based in New Delhi, India. We are a growth-oriented company that has been helping appreneurs & enterprises launch and promote their mobile apps worldwide, since 2013. We specialise in user acquisition and revenue generation for app-based businesses and have worked with over 300 clients on over 600 app projects till date. Along the way, we have generated 25 million+ app downloads and driven 75+ apps to the top of the app store charts.
- Services: App Marketing, ASO
- Offices: New Delhi, India
- Tagline: Your App Growth Partner
Learn more about Studio Mosaic
Remerge provides a seamlessly integrated app retargeting platform by combining audience management and segmentation tools with a high-performing programmatic infrastructure. We are dedicated on scale, performance and security to offer the best app retargeting experience possible.Learn more about Remerge
Recognized as an elite influencer agency, at HireInfluence we develop intent-driven influencer marketing campaigns that merge the needs of brands, audiences, and influencers. We hand-select influencers for each and every campaign to ensure an organic fit and authentic feeling content.
As a full-service influencer marketing agency we source and cast right-fit talent, develop creative content strategies, execute comprehensive, interactive, cross-channel influencer campaigns, and report back on campaign analytics.
- Services: Marketing campaign strategy, Influencer relationships management, Campaign reporting
- Offices: Houston, LA, New York, USA.
- Tagline: Connecting Brands and Audiences Through Influence
Bamboo is a mobile advertising agency, founded in San Francisco, US in 2014. It specializes on mobile campaign management, mobile growth strategy, creative strategy and production, advertising iteration service. The agency ran paid ad campaigns on top social media networks to acquire mobile app users for leading brands like Dropbox, Hotel Tonight, Peloton, Microsoft and others.
- Services: Media Strategy, Campaign Management, Creative Services For Paid Social, Paid Search and Mobile Ad Channels.
- Offices: San Francisco, US
- Tagline: “Meet the extension of your in-house growth team”
Learn more about Bamboo
Real-time data solutions and mobile analytics and attribution attribution provider
Guarantees 99.98% uptime to its platform and doesn’t even need an SDK to implement. Kochava has a strong focus on privacy of user data. It provides users with a combination of both analytics and attribution features as well as iBeacons support, a server-to-server API and IdentyLink technology (cross-device app user identification). In 2018 the company ad fraud prevention team managed to uncover a global ad fraud scam.
- Type: App advertising analytics, Marketing analytics
- Pricing: Free plan, 30-day trial period, the Enterprise plan pricing isn’t available online.
- Platforms supported: iOS, Apple Watch OS, Android
App marketers can also create Apple Search Ads campaigns with Kochava, as the company has long been a trusted measurement partner for Apple, helping advertisers manage, measure, and optimize Apple Search Ads tab campaigns.
Learn more about Kochava