Programmatic advertising is advertising conducted using software; it increases its efficiency and generated revenues by automating the process of connecting publishers inventory with advertisers needs to reach a specific audience.
It includes both real-time bidding when advertisers bid for impressions in mobile or desktop publishers inventory and buying ad impressions in advance from specific publishers. Over time programmatic advertising is replacing all aspects where manual intervention was necessary.
How programmatic mobile advertising works
Programmatic mobile advertising benefits
In the world of programmatic advertising, SSPs help to support mobile publishers and their inventories by selling their space through an ad exchange. DSPs, (Demand Side Platforms), on the other side, find the best ad inventory and the highest bidder wins that space – this could be on a website or inside a mobile app.
The key benefit of SSPs, other than giving mobile publishers more control over their inventory, is that they can achieve a high fill rate, so mobile ad space that could be used isn’t wasted. In theory, everyone wins in this setup, with advertisers also getting quality inventory for their campaigns.
Programmatic advertising benefits include:
- Sells mobile ad impressions for the highest price possible
- Connects to a considerable variety of different mobile advertisers
- Mobile publishers can set their prices and have more control over their space
Below we’ve listed the best mobile programmatic networks so you can get up and running without fuss.
List of programmatic ad platforms
Certis Media provides you with the widest range of solutions. Thanks to our platform and based on our extensive experience with our clients and the digital marketing industry, we have developed the best set of tools to cover your needs and get your advertisement as far and as precise as possible.Learn more about Certis Media
Liftoff is Cost-Per-Action optimized mobile user acquisition platform for app marketers. It provides CPI campaigns optimization via tracking post-install events for apps. It also provides retargeting features to bring mobile users back to a specific app and lookalike features to connect mobile apps with users similar to people who already use these apps.
- Mobile platforms: iOS, Android, Mobile Web
- Campaign types: CPI, CPA
- Ad formats supported: Custom
- Targeting: lookalike, retargeting,
- Key Markets: Global
Bucksense is the programmatic platform for digital marketers, launched in 2012 in Madrid, Spain. The company’s DSP solution operates across five channels – Display, Native, Video, Mobile and Desktop. With Bucksense, marketers ad campaigns data is collected and analyzed every hour, as well as a bidding strategy is being automatically updated.
- Highlights: provides access to more than 18 ad exchanges, retargeting, hyper targeting, multiple device and format optimization, Native Video format supply, proprietary Responsive Ad units, Rewarded Video self-serve early adopter, connects from 18 to 70+ ad exchanges, PMP deals, serves 350 agencies
- AppsFlyer Performance Index: n/a
- Tagline: In-house marketing, done right.