This section covers mobile ad networks that support the interstitial banner format. An interstitial ad is a kind of banner ad that occupies an entire smartphone screen and requires a mobile user to click on a button to close it to allow them to proceed with their content.
Interstitial advertising, like all of the ad formats, has its pros and cons. The advantages are the following:
- They overcome the smartphone small screen size limitation by occupying an entire screen, engaging mobile users to take action and therefore resolving the ad viewability issue.
- They have a high potential to increase the conversion rate.
- You can place them in the ideal position to capture a user’s attention fully, thereby driving revenue.
The central con is that we can attribute poor targeting to these ads; they can lead to mobile users becoming frustrated, and hence advertisers need to be cautious in using them.
Interstitial ads format example
Interstitial Ads Benefits
Interstitial ads have great potential to increase conversion rates and are often displayed in-between levels in mobile games and apps.
These types of ads can include video, image and text, and rich media features (audio or other ad elements). Users can also close these ads, but the type of option to close them does vary depending on their content. For example, video ads may not have an immediate close option, while non-video ads will.
The full-screen potential of an interstitial ad is the key benefit here. App developers like them as they clearly separate their app from the ad; meanwhile, advertisers enjoy the benefit of having a user’s full attention, allowing them to advertise without hindrance.
With all of that said, interstitial ads must be used with caution. Google has released penalties for interstitial ads that significantly intrude on a user’s experience. These include interstitial ads that require being closed before access to the central content is granted, and interstitial ads that are found on the web and in apps where the ad stays above-the-fold — the main content is only accessible when a user scrolls down to view it.
In other words, employed correctly, interstitial advertising can be very beneficial, but it needs to be used responsibly. Advertisers need to remember that you annoy a mobile user at your peril. Integrating interstitial ads that enhance the experience will always be the key to success, and the mobile user will reward advertisers, and developers too, in return.
Interstitial ads example 2
Interstitial Ads eCPMs
Here are some of the biggest interstitial ads offers along with their price/rates, platform and country in the table below.
|Admob||US||$11 iOS, $6 on Android|
|Smaato||UK||Up to $10 on iOS, up to $7 Android|
|Epom||US||Up to $4|
|Exoclick||US||Up to $2|
|InMobi||UK||$2.5: Androids. For iOS: $2.5 to $7.5|
|Startapp||US||$3-$10 – US only rate|
Below we’ve listed the top interstitial advertising networks and platforms so you can get up and running without difficulty.
List of interstitial ad networks
PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being an SSP of choice for agencies and advertisers. With our leading programmatic mobile advertising platform, publishers and app developers can leverage the open exchange as well as advanced deal models to maximize their monetization and gain access to brand budgets.
- Mobile platforms: Android, IOS
- Campaign types: CPA, CPC, CPI, CPL, CPM
- Ad formats supported: Banners, In-App, Interstitial, Native, Rewarded Video, Rich Media, Video
- Targeting: Publisher, Geo, Audience Segment, Ad Format, Platform, Domain / App, Viewability
- Key markets: Global
Founded in 2011, AdColony was created by mobile developers, for mobile developers and has grown into one of the largest mobile advertising and monetization platforms in the world with a reach of more than 1.5 billion users globally. AdColony is known for its exclusive Instant-Play™ HD video, Aurora™ HD Interactive video, and playable technologies, its global performance advertising expertise, its programmatic marketplace, and its extensive ad SDK footprint in the top apps worldwide.
- Mobile platforms: Android, IOS
- Campaign types: CPM
- Ad formats supported: Rich Media, Video
- Targeting: Demographic
- Key markets: US
[masterslider alias=\"ms-huawei-ads\"] Huawei has a rich history in the mobile and technology industry and is a leading provider of 5G infrastructure and smart phone devices and tablets. Huawei is committed to bringing digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected intelligent world.Learn more about HUAWEI Ads
Smadex is the mobile-first programmatic DSP engineered for growth.
We are a technology company led by engineering and data science, focused on uprising the global mobile programmatic landscape through our ad tech solutions.
Using a combination of our own programmatic advertising technology, machine learning, and first-party data, we have over a decade partnering with apps, brands and performance marketers to achieve their growth goals.
We take transparency very seriously. To guarantee our fully transparent platform remains that way, Smadex programmatic partners with the leading third-party platforms to provide innovative solutions and independent measurement at the very core of our service.Learn more about Smadex
Zoomd is dedicated to helping advertisers and publishers achieve their key performance indicators (KPIs) through a patented, performance-based advertising platform. The Company’s User Acquisition platform unifies more than 600 media sources under one dashboard including Google, TikTok, Samsung premium inventory and much more.
- Business Models – Choose your preferred business model CPC/CPI/CPO/CPE/CPA
- Fraud – Detection as part of the platform, adding you an extra layer of safety
- Measurement – integrated to all major 3rd party mobile measurement solutions
- Cost-efficiency – Save countless resources by managing all campaigns under one screen
- Data Play – Enjoy machine decisions based on more than 500Million data points a day
Mobupps is are a performance-oriented ad network, with over 10 years of experience in mobile user acquisition. The network leverages an access to private media from over 4,500 direct app publishers, as well as direct integration to all of the major global traffic sources.
- Mobile platforms: Android, iOS,
- Campaign types: CPC, CPI, CPM
- Ad formats supported: App Icon, Audio, Banners, Content Lock, Coupons, Custom, In-App, Incentivized, Interstitial, Native, Notifications, Offer Wall, Pop up, PopUnder, Redirect, Rewarded Video, Rewards, Rich Media, Search, Social, Text, Video
- Targeting: App, Carrier, Category, Country, Demographic, Device, Network, White & Black Lists
- Key markets: Global
Bidease is a mobile DSP platform for mobile marketers. Its built on a foundation of proprietary programmatic advertising technology, Machine Learning, and first party data. Bidease team optimizes campaigns across all major mobile formats for desired post-install behaviors at no risk to its clients’ bottom line.
- Mobile platforms: iOS, Android, Mobile Web
- Campaign types: CPI, CPA, CPM
- Ad formats supported: Banners, Interstitial, Native, Rewarded Video, Video
- Targeting: Carrier, Device, Gender, Geo, Interests, IP, OS
- Key Markets: global
|2013||101 - 200|
[masterslider id=\"316\"] 3dot14 is a leading Mobile Ad Network that helps you grow user acquisition, brand visibility, brand performance and enhance user engagement. The company started its operation in the year 2013 and has offices in London, Delhi and Jakarta.Learn more about 3.14 Mobitech
High Quality Mobile Traffic & Exclusive Placements on SONY Xperia, Native SDK10
myAppFree is a performance-based advertising platform, founded in 2015 in Italy by Massimo Caroli and Riccardo Fuzzi, that matches advertisers and publishers. One of the unique features it offers in terms of inventory for advertisers is an access to 40 million plus Sony Xperia smartphone users, as well as own App Discovery that features the best mobile apps for users to discover.
- Mobile platforms: Android, iOS, Windows Phone
- Campaign types: CPA, CPC, CPI
- Ad formats supported: Banners, Interstitial, Native, Notifications
- Targeting: Audience, Geo, Interests, OS, Platform
- Key Markets: Asia, Europe, Latin America, USA
Entravision is the leading Performance One-Stop-Shop Digital Marketing Company10
Entravision is the leading Performance One-Stop-Shop Digital Marketing Company. We set the beat of digital advertisement.
Get the scale and global footprint you are looking for. Our team is here to boost your campaigns and help you reach the consumers most likely to engage with your brand.
- Performance and strategy focus toward UA in mobile devices.
- Proprietary tech
- API Integrations
- Partnerships with industry key players
- Renowned Growth Squad
+250,000 developers, from indies to large enterprises, trust in Appodeal to manage their Ad Monetization. A light full-stack ad monetization solution that puts app publishers first – the way it should be.
By just integrating one simple SDK, you will gain access to +70 ad networks & demand sources, competing against each other in a real-time auction for every single ad impression.
- Services: User Acquisition, Ad Monetization, Business Intelligence
- Offices: San Francisco, US
- Tagline: Turn your Apps into Top-Earning Hits
ConsoliAds Pte Ltd. is MENA and APAC’s mobile ad mediation and promotion platform. It provides advertisers with access to publishers inventory in more than 12,000 apps that deliver over 350 million ad impressions and helps to reach impression-to-install conversion up to 10%, the platform is capable to deliver CPI around $.0.40.
- Mobile platforms: Android, IOS, Mobile Web
- Campaign types: CPC, CPI, CPM
- Ad formats supported: Native, Video, Interstitial, Rewarded Video, Banner and Icon
- Targeting: Country, Demographic, Device, Geo, OS, Time
- Key Markets: CPC, CPI, CPM
Mobile ad planning, execution and analysis are complicated for startups because they cannot reach all available app marketing tools. App Samurai makes it easy for them without requiring in-depth mobile advertising knowledge!
Thanks to App Samurai, you can easily create, manage, and measure acquisition campaigns, boost campaigns, and video campaigns to acquire qualified users.Learn more about App Samurai
VEVE is a performance marketing platform from Affinity Global Inc. that offers unique advertising experiences across OEMs, browsers and telcos. With native, high-performing ad formats – Tiles , Notifications, Universal, unique media placements and customization opportunities, the platform is empowering brands to achieve their advertising KPIs such as sales, app downloads, website visits and user engagement. Additionally, it provides creative and operational support across different languages and locations including the US, UK, EU, IN, ID and CN. VEVE also has its proprietary reporting dashboard to access deep data insights to optimize conversions and user engagement. VEVE also unlocks newer monetization avenues for OEMs and browsers while enhancing users’ online journey.
• Boost new user acquisition – Reach 500+ MN captive audience beyond search and social media network
• Achieve your advertising KPIs – All inventory bought is on performance KPIs such as CPI, CPA, CPC, CPV, etc.
• 100% Brand safe environment – Custom reporting dashboards for complete transparency, real-time insights, and optimization opportunities
• End-to-end campaign management – Creative and operational support across different geographies (US, UK, EU, IN, ID, CN) and in multiple languagesLearn more about VEVE
Splicky is the new Demand Side Platform (DSP) for the mobile channel using proprietary Real-Time Advertising (RTA) technology. Their technology makes it simple to buy mobile ad impressions and clicks within mobile sites and apps – in real-time. Using just one platform, you have immediate access to all global mobile inventory which uses Real-Time Bidding (RTB) technology. Within a matter of minutes, your mobile ad campaigns can be displayed on a Cost Per Impression (CPM) and Cost Per Click (CPC) basis. Our platform allows you to target on individual Mobile Sites and Apps, giving you total control at campaign management-level. Our detailed analysis gives you full insights on campaign performance enabling you to maximize your ROI.
- Easy to use interface with a self-serve platform and real-time analytics
- Worldwide reach across a transparent publisher set
- Wide range of targeting options including Geo+hyper location and support for mobile retargeting
- Range of formats supported including banners, interstitials, rich media & video
|300 - 400|
[masterslider id=\"309\"] Unified Audience Platform for Mobile User Growth A unified audience platform, Affle’s MAAS enables mobile advertisers and app marketers to acquire quality users at scale, across directly integrated publishers, programmatic platforms and relevant app recommendations.Learn more about MAAS powered by Affle