TikTok is a video-sharing social media platform that allows its users to create looped videos. It’s largely used for dancing, viral challenges, and music but there’s no limit to what you can do.
Since its creation, TikTok has become one of the most popular apps available on the market. It’s gained over 2 billion downloads and around 1 billion monthly active users. The app resonated with a younger audience but due to its rapid growth, it’s starting to attract businesses and professionals. Today you’ll find a lot of celebrities, organizations, and brands that are using TikToks simple design to benefit themselves. Below is some data to show how TikTok has grown into the social media powerhouse it is today.
- TikTok is projected to have 55.8 million users in the USA in 2022, which could climb to 60.3 million in 2024 (Statista)
- While in the UK Tiktok is set to reach 10 million users in 2021 (Socialfilms)
- A study published in 2020 showed that children aged four to 15 spent 80 minutes per day on TikTok (The Verge)
- TikTok grew children’s social media use by 100% in 2019 and 200% in 2020 (The Verge)
- TikTok offers Brand Takeover Ads which can cost $50,000 a day with five million impressions guaranteed (MediaKix)
- Engagement on Tiktok is remarkably high. For example, Jennifer Lopez got 69 million more views on Tiktok compared to Twitter for posting the same video. Despite having 40 million fewer followers on Tiktok (Wallaroommedia)
- Advertising campaigns on Tiktok start at just $50 a day (Wallaroommedia)
- In 2019 Tiktok’s #Raindropchallenge accumulated over 995 million views (Socialfilms)
- Within a year of Tiktok’s development it already had 1 million views a day (Influencermarketinghub)
- Tiktok is the 7th most active social media app in the world (Socialfilms)
With the data shown above, it’s no surprise why people are wanting to use TikTok. The notion of creating a short clip that could become viral is attractive to many. This is why it’s the best time to utilise the success of this app for your own gain. Here are three ways you can market on the app with the help of professionals.
TikTok Influencer Marketing
Influencer marketing is an effective and easy way to market. With the help of popular TikTok influencers, you can grow your company on the backs of popular users.
It’s important to decide which sort of influencers you need to contact. Different influencers will reach a different target audience. So, once you’ve narrowed down what sort of influencer is best for your target market, you can start. With the help of an influencer, your brand will be popularized on TikTok in no time.
Even TikTok knows how crucial their influencers are, to aid influencer marketing the platform launched TikTok Creator Marketplace.
This platform is designed to encourage brand and creator collaborations. It allows brands to find content creator partners based on real performance data. Thanks to this new platform, you can use TikTok’s support in finding creators and even managing campaigns.
TikTok Creator Marketplace Screenshot
Alternatively, you could use a TikTok marketing agency to help. Fanbytes is a good example of an influencer marketing platform that helps brands to engage with a younger audience, specifically Gen Z, with their products and services.
TikTok Marketing Agencies
Similar to the above, the marketing agency may contact an influencer to help with marketing. However, the key difference is you will also have a dedicated team which will design a tailored campaign. They will be able to analyse your company and decide what’s best, for example, they may use hashtag challenges to do so.
These marketing agencies can help determine what your target audience is and help with the production of your content, as it’s important to not rely solely on influencers. But should you want the aid of an influencer the agency will help work with them and make sure your brand reaches it’s potential. An agency will also help get your head around the analytics/metrics and track all your views and interactions.
Top TikTok Marketing Companies:
- Trend - We help brands produce content that converts through our network of microinfluencers. We are a marketplace for brands and creators.
- Moburst - Mobile Done Right
TikTok Advertising Agencies
Another group that might be an option is an advertising agency. Similar to a marketing agency they will create a campaign but with this option you can also use paid advertising. There’s also a bit of flexibility as you can choose your goals and how much you wish to spend. You even have targeting options available, so you can decide who sees your ads by gender, age or location meaning you reach the audience you want.
TikTok gives you plenty of options in terms of advertising. For example, in-feed ads allow you to have a sponsored label in other users’ feed. Brand Takeovers on the other hand are full-screen video ads that pop up when someone opens the app, these can include a clickable hashtag or website link. Similarly, TopView ads are full-screen ads but these can be up to 60 seconds long. Lastly, Branded effects are custom stickers which users can add to their own video.
There are a ton of options available, agencies like Fanbytes, The Influencer Marketing Factory and Pulse Advertising are some of the leading agencies you can use. But with such a broad range to choose from it’s best to look at each agency and see what they offer and also look at their case studies. Fortunately, a lot of these agencies often handle advertising and marketing so you have the freedom to choose which you prefer.
Understanding TikTok’s Algorithm
Of course, the best way to find success on any app is to understand how it works. Firstly, the exposure for each user depends on how well each of their video does. Therefore TikTok focuses on the performance of each individual video rather than take into account your whole profile. The platform looks at the amount of rewatches, shares, comments and likes each video gains.
Of course like Twitter, TikTok relies heavily on the use of hashtags. To gain popularity on your own account it’s best advised you include trending hashtags. This will give you a better chance to land into Discovery pages which will increase the traffic your videos get. It’s also important to keep hashtags that are relevant to your content. This will help the algorithm learn where your videos work best.
TikTok Ad Costs
TikTok doesn’t officially publish its ad rates, but here are the average costs for advertising on TikTok with in-feed ads.
Below is our list of the best TikTok marketing agencies and platforms working across TikTok influencer marketing, TikTok ads and TikTok content.
A list of TikTok marketing agencies and platforms
Moburst is a mobile growth marketing agency founded in 2013 with branches in the US and Tel-Aviv. Moburst’s clients include some of the biggest brands in the world such as Google, Uber, Reddit, YouTube, Samsung, and many other amazing startups, gaming companies, and brands. Its team of growth experts promoted 600+ products in the past seven years and helped many start-ups gain more organic users, boost ROI on paid media and improve their products. Its user acquisition is achieved through a selection of hyper-targeted, remarketing, influencers, and brand engagement campaigns get the right message to the right user, at the right time. Its mixture of media channels are ideal to fit your goals and budget, including RTB/exchanges, social, ad-networks, premium publishers, video, retargeting, influencers and search.
- Services: Mobile Campaigns, Media Management and Optimization, Influencers Marketing, Mobile Strategy, App Store Optimization and SEO, A/B Testing, Product Consulting, Creative Production, Video Production, Social Management and Website Production.
- Offices: New York, San Francisco and Tel-Aviv
- Tagline: Doing mobile right
We help brands produce content that converts through our network of microinfluencers. We are a marketplace for brands and creators.
Trend operates as a true marketplace. This being said, there are no software fees, no subscriptions, or commitments required. Each creator has a fixed cost of $100 – You can come and go from the platform as you please. Whether you are an SMB, mid market, or enterprise business, Trend can adjust to your creative and influencer needs.
- Services: User Generated Content, Influencer Marketing
- Tagline: We help brands produce content that converts through our network of micro-influencers. We are a marketplace for brands and creators.
Customlytics is an app marketing, analytics and technology consulting agency. Established in Berlin by seasoned app marketers Christian Eckhardt and Raul Truckenbrodt in 2016.
- Services: Strategy, App Store Optimization, App Tracking, Mobile CRM, Deeplinking, App Analytics, Product Management, UX & UI Design and Workshops.
- Offices: Berlin, Germany
- Tagline: App Marketing, Analytics & Technology Consulting
The Influencer Marketing Factory is an Influencer marketing agency that help brands to leverage Influencer marketing in its full potential. The agency is focused on delivering on a brand’s KPIs, helping it to reach its targeting audience and bring solid ROI. The channels it works with include TikTok, Instagram, YouTube and Twitch. The agency clients range from Universal, Sony Music, Hilton to Southern Cross University and Gismart.
- Services: Influencer Research, Contracting, Reporting & Analytics, Content Management, Target Audience Identification, Content Guidelines
- Tagline: The Go To For Influencer Marketing
- Locations: NYC, Miami, US
Admiral Media is a highly specialized performance marketing agency. We help you finding the right UA strategy.
- Services: Consulting, Performance Marketing, Paid Social, Analytics, Creative Services,
- Offices: Torredembarra, Spain
- Tagline: We Ship Performance
Award Winning Mobile Marketing Agency Founded By Former Marketing Lead At Apple
We’re Favoured. A results-driven performance marketing agency specialising in app marketing to drive growth, stickiness, and retention. Formed in 2017 by a former Apple Marketing Lead who wanted to bring his experience from “inside the machine” to app companies directly.
- Services: app marketing strategy, app advertising, full-funnel app marketing, email marketing, in-app and push marketing, app growth marketing, graphics and video creatives
- Offices: London, UK.
- Tagline: Award Winning Mobile Marketing Agency Founded By Former Marketing Lead At Apple