Rich Media is a broad digital advertising term that encapsulates digital ads that have multiple features such as video, audio, and animation. Rich media ads achieve a higher level of engagement compared with regular banners or text ads simply because there’s more to work with while advertising.
Typically a rich media ad creative is more than 200K in size, may use multiple files to function, and can expand to a larger scale upon being clicked.
Rich media mobile example
Source: Mobile Ads
Rich Media Benefits
Rich media is a powerful way of reaching an audience, and they’re effective because they offer a variety of advertising options. Rich media ads, for example, can include videos whereas basic text-based ads can’t. Missing out on such a powerful tool would be unwise as online video consumption continues to explode.
There’s more space to display your advertising with rich media ads, and there are few limits as to what you can include. Aspects like call to actions, display photos and audio can be combined with video to make an advertising campaign stand out. Rich media ads offer extensive tracking these days as well, so you can see how a campaign has performed from multiple viewpoints.
Advertisers can cater to different types of age groups with rich media advertising, and there’s a good chance they’ll make a lasting impression. These ads often have high CTRs and are very effective at raising brand awareness if used correctly.
That said, there are a few cons to rich media ads as well:
- This type of advertising can be blocked relatively easily if a user finds them annoying.
- A considerable amount of effort is required to create the ads.
- These ads are often larger in file size and can take some time to download, meaning you are dependent on a user having a reliable internet connection.
Rich media mobile example 2
Source: Mobile Marketing Magazine
Rich Media eCPMs
Here are some of the biggest Rich Media ads offers along with their platform, rates and country.
|Admob||UK||Around $10 for Android and $17 for iOS|
|Admob||US||Around $11 and iOS is around $16|
|Admob||Japan||Android is around $14 and iOS is around $22|
|Appodeal||US||Average at: $6.27|
|Appodeal||Worldwide||Average at: $5.08|
Below we’ve listed the best rich media mobile networks and platforms so you can get up and running without hassle.
List of Rich Media Ad Networks
mediasmart, a self-serve mobile programmatic platform (now part of Affle group) provides advertisers, trading desks and agencies an integrated mobile advertising solution with the unique capability of measuring incremental metrics in real-time for Proximity and App marketing.
- Tagline: #1 DSP for Incremental growth
- Services: Proximity Marketing, Connected TV (CTV), Programmatic Brand Marketing, App Marketin, Incrementality Measurement
Adikteev is the leading app re-engagement platform for performance-driven marketers.
We help the world’s top-spending app publishers increase retention, reacquire churned users and drive incremental revenue. App publishers in gaming, eCommerce, on-demand, services and entertainment rely on us to deliver made-to-measure strategies, creatives and algorithms.
By combining science and creativity, we deliver best-in-class playable and interactive ads paired with top retargeting tech. We believe in creating a unique strategy for each client based on data to provide measurable and transparent results that increase user LTV and fuel business growth.
Adikteev is #10 among Inc. Magazine’s Top 5000 fastest growing companies and ranked in the top retargeting partners of the world for two consecutive years by AppsFlyer Performance Index
Learn more about Adikteev
Jampp unlocks programmatic advertising to drive incremental performance. A demand-side platform (DSP) at heart, Jampp leverages unique contextual and behavioral signals to deliver customers and in-app purchases through programmatic user acquisition and retargeting. We simplify programmatic growth for some of the biggest names in mobile.
- Services: User Acquisition, App retargeting, Lift measurement, Geolocated ads, Dynamic Creative Optimization (DCO), Dynamic Product Ads, Predictive Bidding
- Tagline: Unlock new growth
Zoomd is dedicated to helping advertisers and publishers achieve their key performance indicators (KPIs) through a patented, performance-based advertising platform. The Company’s User Acquisition platform unifies more than 600 media sources under one dashboard including Google, TikTok, Samsung premium inventory and much more.
- Business Models – Choose your preferred business model CPC/CPI/CPO/CPE/CPA
- Fraud – Detection as part of the platform, adding you an extra layer of safety
- Measurement – integrated to all major 3rd party mobile measurement solutions
- Cost-efficiency – Save countless resources by managing all campaigns under one screen
- Data Play – Enjoy machine decisions based on more than 500Million data points a day
Splicky is the new Demand Side Platform (DSP) for the mobile channel using proprietary Real-Time Advertising (RTA) technology. Their technology makes it simple to buy mobile ad impressions and clicks within mobile sites and apps – in real-time. Using just one platform, you have immediate access to all global mobile inventory which uses Real-Time Bidding (RTB) technology. Within a matter of minutes, your mobile ad campaigns can be displayed on a Cost Per Impression (CPM) and Cost Per Click (CPC) basis. Our platform allows you to target on individual Mobile Sites and Apps, giving you total control at campaign management-level. Our detailed analysis gives you full insights on campaign performance enabling you to maximize your ROI.
- Easy to use interface with a self-serve platform and real-time analytics
- Worldwide reach across a transparent publisher set
- Wide range of targeting options including Geo+hyper location and support for mobile retargeting
- Range of formats supported including banners, interstitials, rich media & video
VEVE is a performance marketing platform from Affinity Global Inc. that offers unique advertising experiences across OEMs, browsers and telcos. With native, high-performing ad formats – Tiles , Notifications, Universal, unique media placements and customization opportunities, the platform is empowering brands to achieve their advertising KPIs such as sales, app downloads, website visits and user engagement. Additionally, it provides creative and operational support across different languages and locations including the US, UK, EU, IN, ID and CN. VEVE also has its proprietary reporting dashboard to access deep data insights to optimize conversions and user engagement. VEVE also unlocks newer monetization avenues for OEMs and browsers while enhancing users’ online journey.
• Boost new user acquisition – Reach 500+ MN captive audience beyond search and social media network
• Achieve your advertising KPIs – All inventory bought is on performance KPIs such as CPI, CPA, CPC, CPV, etc.
• 100% Brand safe environment – Custom reporting dashboards for complete transparency, real-time insights, and optimization opportunities
• End-to-end campaign management – Creative and operational support across different geographies (US, UK, EU, IN, ID, CN) and in multiple languagesLearn more about VEVE
Founded in 2011, AdColony was created by mobile developers, for mobile developers and has grown into one of the largest mobile advertising and monetization platforms in the world with a reach of more than 1.5 billion users globally. AdColony is known for its exclusive Instant-Play™ HD video, Aurora™ HD Interactive video, and playable technologies, its global performance advertising expertise, its programmatic marketplace, and its extensive ad SDK footprint in the top apps worldwide.
- Mobile platforms: Android, IOS
- Campaign types: CPM
- Ad formats supported: Rich Media, Video
- Targeting: Demographic
- Key markets: US
SmartyAds DSP is a programmatic-buying platform for advertisers who search for safe, supreme-quality push traffic that converts in higher ROI, instant user engagement and retention.
Pricing & Features:
- Push traffic for all screen types & sizes that translates in 200-400% higher ROI & conversions.
- Easy to segment and personalize push creatives.
- The broadest network of premium push traffic publishers and SSP partners (MoPub, MobFox, PubNative) with tested and localized landings across all geos and verticals.
- In-app traffic from more than 1000 top-rated apps with push traffic for iOS & Android.
- 30+ targeting options for geomarketing push campaigns Including geo-targeting, GPS, language, etc.)
- Frequency capping, dayparting and sparring to fine-tune push advertising experience.
- Comprehensive, easy-to-grasp statistics with an in-deep performance overview.
- Third-party impression analytics tags support, API.
- Rapid and easy campaign set up and creative approval.
- Flexible CPM pricing model.
Gimbal translates location data into intent, conversion, and insight for marketers trying to reach consumers and businesses wanting to improve their customers’ lives.
Highlights include the following:
- Location-based marketing
- Identity-based platform
- Foot Traffic Analytics
- Custom Audiences
Persona.ly is a tech product company driving mobile user acquisition for brands and app developers, operating world-wide. Using their proprietary bidder and machine-learning algorithms Persona.ly team offers transparent, performance-based, highly-targeted app install and retargeting solutions.
- Mobile platforms: Android, iOS
- Campaign types: CPA, CPE, CPI
- Ad formats supported: Banners, Interstitial, Offerwalls, Rewarded, Rich Media, Video
- Targeting: Custom
- Key Markets: US, South Korea, Japan, Russia, South East Asia and India
InMobi is the largest independent mobile ad network with global reach in markets including the UK, Europe, US, South Africa and India. InMobi offers advertisers to reach over 1,5 billion mobile users across more than 32,000 mobile properties to choose from. With InMobile mobile ad network, advertisers can launch brand engagement, user acquisition or remarking ad campaigns. Acquisition of a mobile rich media company Sprout allows InMobi to offer premium mobile ads as well as a huge volume of other inventory. Advertisers include leading brands such as Ford and Levis.
- Mobile platforms: Android, iOS, Mobile Web
- Campaign types: CPC, CPI
- Ad formats supported: Banner, Native, Video, Interstitial, Rich Media
- Targeting: carrier, channel, country, device, operator, os, time
- Key Markets: Europe, India, Japan, Kenya, South Africa, UK, United States
Epom Ad Server enables agencies and ad networks to easily launch and manage large, complex, and deeply targeted advertising campaigns on mobile and display, all within one ad serving solution. Track and measure ad performance with multi-level granular analytics in real time.Learn more about Epom Ad Server
Stack is an end-to-end SaaS-based solution (by the team behind Appodeal’s award winning ad monetization platform) that scales mobile app business growth and drive profit by synthesizing User Acquisition, Ad Monetization and Business Intelligence.
Stack is an independent ad tech market player that strives to clear the way for publishers and advertisers to collaborate directly. In an industry known for being opaque, Stack aims to increase transparency and empower mobile app businesses with the technology and data they need to thrive in a highly competitive landscape.Learn more about Stack
The largest independent sell-side advertising platform, built from Rubicon Project & Telaria(0) REVIEWS
Magnite is the world’s largest independent sell-side advertising platform that combines Rubicon Project’s programmatic expertise with Telaria’s leadership in CTV. It offers a global exchange system for advertising, it connects ad sellers and ad buyers worldwide. Magnite’s ad server helps sellers (publishers) to get connected with premium buyers, showcase their inventory in a dedicated storefront, respond to a buyer’s RFPs and more, sellers (advertisers) can reach desired audience from a broad spectrum and from all over the world.
- Key features: 60,000+ app publishers, 1 million+ websites, 900,000 advertisers bid for publishers inventory
- Ad formats: Native, Pre-roll & Mid-roll & Post-roll video, Vertical Video, Reward Video, Outstream
- Platforms support: Android, IOS
MoPub offers a three piece platform for mobile publishers, founded by app developers who appreciate the use of an open source SDK. The platform enables publishers/developers to choose between monetising between direct ads, ad networks or its real time bidding system. This provides unmatched transparency and enables full maximisation of advertising potential without sacrificing the user experience.
MoPub also offers substantial analytics and control and provides real time controls to monitor campaigns and maximise their revenue. The platform can also be used to run cross promotions on apps to share impressions, clicks and installs to drive traffic from one app to the other. It works on all HTML browsers and supports any size of ad on screens, phones or tablets.
- Open source SDKs for Android and iOS
- Variety of major ad formats supported, including static images, full HTML5, video, Rich Media and ORMMA Rich Media
- Full tracking provided to monitor impressions, clicks, revenuws and active users
- Optimizes ad networks to maximize clicks and revenue from campaigns
Xandr is online advertising platform from AT&T. Leveraging multi-generational legacy of AT&T, the company provides a premium platform for advertisers and publishers looking to reach specific audiences at scale in brand-safe environments all through a powerful, unified platform. What gives Xandr a competitive advantage is a combination of data insights, premium content, powerful technology, and scaled direct-to-consumer distribution.Learn more about Xandr
Smaato is a mobile advertising and app monetization platform. It features mobile-first ad network and ad server solution for publishers and app developers. Smaato hosts the largest independent mobile ad exchange with global reach. For advertisers it offers Smaato Demand Platform with advanced traffic optimization features, for publishers Smaato Publishers Platform that allows them to achieve high fill rates and yield high eCPMs.
- Mobile platforms: Android, IOS, Mobile, Windows Phone
- Campaign types: CPC
- Ad formats supported: Banners
- Targeting: country, publisher, app, ad format, device, connection type, GPS data, device ID
- Key Markets: Germany, global
Amobee is a premium mobile ad network and technology company, offering a wide range of advertising/monetization solutions for advertisers, developers/publishers and organizations. Its DSP supplies advertisers with a single dashboard to plan, execute and analyze audience-first ad campaigns. It allows to reach audiences across video, mobile, display, social and TV ad channels.
- Highlights: seamless omnichannel ad campaigns, precise targeting, built-in reporting and analysis.
- AppsFlyer Performance Index: n/a
- Tagline:Advertising solutions for the converging world
mobusi, part of Fibonad group, is a Technology Media Company with a mobile-first and performance mindset empowering both Advertisers and Publishers to reach and exceed their high demanding targets. The platform obtains over 5 million leads per month worldwide. We maximize revenue obtained by our media partners thanks to our global coverage and optimization algorithms. In House Technology, own DSP and advanced antifraud system, Monetization Solutions, exclusive offers and premium traffic. A Mediation platform.
- Mobile platforms: iOS, Android
- Campaign types: CPM, CPC, CPI, CPA
- Ad formats supported: Interstitial, Banner, Video
- Targeting: country, carrier, OS, device, browser, wifi / mobile connectivity
- Key Markets: Global
Youmi is a mobile advertising and marketing platform, founded in China in 2010. It powers 10,000 advertisers ad campaigns with 600,000 publishers mobile inventory to reach out mobile audience in 200+ countries on 2.2 billion mobile devices.
- Mobile platforms: Android, IOS, Mobile Web
- Campaign types: CPA, CPC, CPM
- Ad formats supported: Banners, Rich Media, Text
- Targeting: Device, Local, OS, Time
- Key Markets: China
Pocketmath is the world’s fastest self-serve mobile advertising platform for buying programmatic real-time bidding inventory, launched in 2011. With a headquarter in Singapore, Pocketmath operates on a global scale. The company’s mobile DSP offers extensive targeting options including location, device, cherry-pick apps, audience, competitor app targeting, retargeting, demographic, wifi/carrier, and time of day scheduling.Learn more about Pocketmath
PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being an SSP of choice for agencies and advertisers. With our leading programmatic mobile advertising platform, publishers and app developers can leverage the open exchange as well as advanced deal models to maximize their monetization and gain access to brand budgets.
- Mobile platforms: Android, IOS
- Campaign types: CPA, CPC, CPI, CPL, CPM
- Ad formats supported: Banners, In-App, Interstitial, Native, Rewarded Video, Rich Media, Video
- Targeting: Publisher, Geo, Audience Segment, Ad Format, Platform, Domain / App, Viewability
- Key markets: Global