In today’s highly competitive environment, it’s essential to find user acquisition companies across a range of channels so you can promote and distribute your app efficiently. Finding reliable mobile user acquisition partner is absolutely essential. To return the investment into your mobile app and let alone to increase your app ROI, you need to grow the number of its users. App space is extremely competitive, mobile users tend to use a handful of apps regularly and hence finding people who will be actually using your app on a daily basis is the challenge that our directory helps you to find a company to tackle it.
In this guide we want to lay out a wide spectrum of mobile user acquisition companies to save your time and money and connect you with well established, efficient and reliable companies.
What is mobile user acquisition?
In a nutshell, it’s a suite of app marketing activities to find ad creatives that connect a mobile app with its users the best, continuous data points analysis to reveal the best channels that drive app installs and, of course, lots of testing to validate various app marketing hypothesizes.
When it comes to user acquisition, among many goals and tasks that app marketers have, front and centered is – identify potential users. This is a crucial stepping stone for a mobile user acquisition campaign to be successful. The logic is – the better you can identify your mobile app potential users, the better your budget will be spend and the more users – hopefully loyal ones – will be acquired for your app. By and large, a target audience for your app are people who engage with the app the most and complete as many actions inside the app as you need them to.
Once your mobile app gets its initial user base acquired, the next step should be building, so-called, Lookalike audience. A Lookalike audience is the term introduced by Facebook Ads platform to define an audience that is built on data, gathered about people who have similar interests related to a particular product or service, and provide additional audience to reach out, that is likely to engage with a particular product or service.
The next crucial step is to design and test a set of ad creatives to use in your user acquisition campaigns to acquire new app users efficiently. Even though there are general guidelines for designing efficient creatives, still it is impossible to design the most efficient one without A/B testing.
Why User Acquisition is important?
Regardless of an app business size, for both indie app developers and big app development powerhouses, it is important to understand the significance of an app user acquisition. Today there are 2.7 billion smartphones out there, as well as 1.35 billion tablets in peoples hands with about 5 million mobile apps, iTunes App Store and Google Play marketplace combined, on them.
On average, people stick to 3-5 apps to use heavily on a daily basis out of around 100 apps they have installed on their mobile devices. To get people’s attention to your app is a hard task and it requires skills, dedication and out-of-the-box thinking.
User acquisition companies
Because app user acquisition process is really essential for a mobile app to grow and become sustainable business, there are number of companies that step up the plate to help app publishers and marketers to acquire app users. These companies meet the demand for an efficient and transparent ad platform to grow a mobile app user base.
Mobile user acquisition channels
Today, app marketers have a number of user acquisition strategies to choose from to get more users for their apps. Among many, we should highlight the following ones:
Organic Mobile User Acquisition
When it comes to an app user acquisition, there are couple techniques that are often overlooked. Number one – placing a smart banner on a website, dedicated to an app, to lead people directly to the iOS App Store to download that app to enhance their experience of interacting with your brand. Number two – tapping into the power of content marketing. In a nutshell, content marketing is about a good storytelling that introduces people to your brand and lay out its benefits.
A good examples of a content marketing effort could be having a blog that covers the app and various related topics that addresses people questions and feeds their curiosity. Another one would be getting in touch with online publications to publish an article that tells the story of the app. Content marketing implies good writing skills, sense of humor and keeping in mind that the whole idea behind is not to highlight an app’s features but to tell people what particular problem(s) your app was designed to solve for them.
The most basic way of categorizing an app user acquisition is to split it on native acquisition and paid. Paid advertising solutions can be placed in three buckets. Solutions from mobile platforms, such as Apple’s Search Ads and Google Universal App Campaigns (that includes YouTube). Top platforms such as Facebook (including Instagram), Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, Reddit and, rapidly rising in popularity, TikTok. And, finally, advertising networks, among which ironSource, Vungle, Applovin and Unity are the biggest ones.
All top social media platforms have a certain number of users that have risen to a popularity of a celebrity. These people have a massive number of loyal fans who are highly engaged with what these, so-called, Influencers have to say. A big number of product and services is being advertised via Influencers and apps is just yet another kind of products for them to introduce to their fans. To facilitate Influencer marketing a number of Influencer marketing agencies and platforms have stepped up to mediate relationships between brands and Influencers. Influencer marketing is both effective for a short time app downloads burst to increase their ranking on app stores and generate a long-team effect and drive an app user acquisition on a regular basis.
PR & Press Coverage
Before Influencer marketing was born, thanks to the rising of Influencers as an app marking force, getting an app covered by a major publication was one of the most desirable outcomes of an app marketing campaign. Today, the number of publications that cover apps have decreased but this channel is still relevant, it’s just doesn’t generate as a big of an affect as it used to. Getting an app covered by media requires long-term planning, well written outreach emails and carefully chosen journalists to approach with a pitch.
Featured User Acquisition Companies
- Moburst - Mobile Done Right
- Tenjin - iOS 14-proof advertising analytics
- App Annie - The mobile data and analytics standard
- Growth Rocket Apps - App Marketing Experts without the Agency Fluff
- PreApps - #1 App Marketing Agency
- Apptopia - Mobile app data that helps you grow
- Jampp - The growth platform of choice for on-demand apps worldwide.
- Nara Media - Level up your performance marketing
- Performcb - #1 Performance Marketing Network Worldwide
- GamesBoost42 - Marketing funding for mobile apps
- App Growth Network - A Global App Product Marketing Agency
- AppAgent - Strategic & Creative Mobile Marketing Agency
- Headway - Marketing Powered By Technology
- Phiture - We Help Apps Grow
- SocialPeta - Ads Intelligence Tool For Marketing Strategy
- Favoured - Award Winning Mobile Marketing Agency Founded By Former Marketing Lead At Apple
- Bango - The lens that brings new paying users into focus
- SDA Media - Your reliable growth partner
Among all ad formats available to an app marketer, video is the most effective because it allows to show a mobile app in action and engage with a potential app user emotionally. Video ads is the choice of all major app advertising platforms, usually video ad duration ranges between 15 and 30 seconds. One thing to remember with video ads is that different ad platforms require video ads shot in a different format and style. A quick example could be creating video ad creatives for running app install ad campaigns on Facebook Ads and TikTok advertising platforms. Video ads for these two will be vastly different to engage with respective audiences.
Email marketing is one of the oldest forms of online marketing and this channel still works well for an app user acquisition. Email provides an environment to introduce an app or its new features to people when they aren’t pacing franticly through their feed on Instagram, Twitter or TikTok. Another email feature that makes it stand out of the rest is that you can send not just a single email but a series of emails to an audience built via tracking pixel on your website (meaning these people have already demonstrated an interest to your brand).
In parallel to all digital marketing channels we know and love, offline marketing still exists and shouldn’t discounted. TV, radio and podcast ads have a capacity to reach out people when they aren’t exposed to digital ads and actually can be more receptive to your app brand.
So these are the major user acquisition app marketing channels that are in app marketers disposal and below you can see some of the best among mobile app marketing platforms that help app publishers to acquire app users.
List of user acquisition services for apps and mobile games
Moburst is a mobile growth marketing agency founded in 2013 with branches in the US and Tel-Aviv. Moburst’s clients include some of the biggest brands in the world such as Google, Uber, Reddit, YouTube, Samsung, and many other amazing startups, gaming companies, and brands. Its team of growth experts promoted 600+ products in the past seven years and helped many start-ups gain more organic users, boost ROI on paid media and improve their products. Its user acquisition is achieved through a selection of hyper-targeted, remarketing, influencers, and brand engagement campaigns get the right message to the right user, at the right time. Its mixture of media channels are ideal to fit your goals and budget, including RTB/exchanges, social, ad-networks, premium publishers, video, retargeting, influencers and search.
- Services: Mobile Campaigns, Media Management and Optimization, Influencers Marketing, Mobile Strategy, App Store Optimization and SEO, A/B Testing, Product Consulting, Creative Production, Video Production, Social Management and Website Production.
- Offices: New York, San Francisco and Tel-Aviv
- Tagline: Doing mobile right
Formerly Clickbooth, Adperio, and Ignite OPM, Perform[cb] is the #1 Performance Marketplace in the world, offering strategic plans tailored to meet their clients’ specific marketing goals – all while only paying for new customers versus simply impressions or clicks. Perform[cb] empowers brands to acquire new customers through incremental digital channels on a pay-for-results model. Our proprietary technology, specialized strategy development, and highly curated partner marketplace align “cost-per” pricing with customer lifetime value.Learn more about Performcb
Apptopia is a mobile app market intelligence and competitor tracking service that maintains a database of app performance data from all major app stores. It also monitors mobile ad market to report on ad performance, with data segmentation by location, category and specific app store.
- Type: Marketing analytics
- Pricing: Starter plan ($2k/month and up), Pro plan ($3,6k/month and up)
- Platforms supported: iOS, Android
App analytics and market data platform to help developers build a better app business, App Annie is also one of the most famous repositories of news and statistics on the mobile world, is the one that Apple Inc. itself frequently quotes during its WWDC annual events. It basically sets the standard for the app industry datasets and analytics. With App Annie dashboard you can track apps downloads, revenue, usage, user demographics and advertising campaigns, across over 50 metrics to improve your mobile strategy
- Type: Marketing Analytics, In-app analytics, App advertising analytics
- Pricing: Free or custom
- Platforms supported: iOS, Android, TvOS, macOS, Windows, Amazon
AppAgent is an integrated mobile marketing agency that effectively connects data, creativity and user-acquisition into a functional strategy. From San Francisco to Hong Kong, AppAgent has boosted the growth of companies including Glu Mobile, Babbel, Joom, Kiwi.com, Huawei, Small Giant Games and many more.
AppAgent has been awarded the App Marketing Agency of the Year at the App Growth Awards in 2018.
- Services: Mobile Marketing Strategy, App Store Optimization, Data Analytics and Architecture, Creative Services, User Acquisition
- Offices: Prague, Czech Republic
- Tagline: Integrated Mobile App Marketing
Learn more about AppAgent
Tenjin brings transparency and insight into your mobile marketing. In addition to supporting hundreds of ad networks and being an MMP, Tenjin provides powerful tools and training for any marketer to analyze the source, in-app purchases, advertising revenue, cost, and the ROI of their users.
- Services: User Acquisition, Attribution, Data Aggregation, User Analytics, Ad Analytics
- Tagline: iOS 14-proof advertising analytics
Award Winning Mobile Marketing Agency Founded By Former Marketing Lead At Apple
We’re Favoured. A results-driven performance marketing agency specialising in app marketing to drive growth, stickiness, and retention. Formed in 2017 by a former Apple Marketing Lead who wanted to bring his experience from “inside the machine” to app companies directly.
- Services: app marketing strategy, app advertising, full-funnel app marketing, email marketing, in-app and push marketing, app growth marketing, graphics and video creatives
- Offices: London, UK.
- Tagline: Award Winning Mobile Marketing Agency Founded By Former Marketing Lead At Apple
Headway is a leading data-driven growth marketing company servicing mobile apps, brands, and ad-tech companies worldwide. Headway’s mobile-first DSP, Smadex, integrates with state-of-the-art partner platforms to offer brands seamless data-driven digital solutions. With a focus on rapid innovation, cutting-edge technology and strong multi-channel operations, Headway provides optimized and targeted ad campaigns, empowered by machine learning, and guided by experienced growth experts. Headway is a business unit of Entravision Communications Corporation (NYSE: EVC), a diversified global media, data and technology services company.
- Services: Programmatic ads, DSP, App Marketing, Influential Marketing
- Offices: Barcelona, Spain, São Paulo, Brazil,
- Tagline: Marketing Powered By Technology
Phiture is a Berlin-based mobile growth consultancy working with the teams behind leading apps. Using the company’s industry-acclaimed Mobile Growth Stack as a strategic framework, Phiture team offers 4 key services: App Store Optimization, Apple Search Ads, User Retention services and Growth Consulting. Phiture helps apps grow by developing, refining and applying systematic approaches to solve key growth challenges.
- Services: Mobile Growth, App Store Optimization, Apple Search Ads and User Retention
- Offices: Berlin, Germany.
- Tagline: “We help apps grow”
PreApps is the app marketing platform for app businesses to launch and market their app to significantly boost the number of downloads and increase sales. From first time app creators to Billion Dollar apps, PreApps signature programs have helped thousands of apps reach over 550,000,000 downloads so far.
Over the past 9 years, PreApps has developed proven programs that take a first time app business owner through a unique and seamless process to launch their app successfully and reach their business goals.
- Services: Pre-Launch Beta Testing, App Review Submission, Publicity, Video Demo Creation And Distribution, ASO
- Offices: Boston, US
- Tagline: #1 App Marketing Agency
App Growth Network is a global app marketing agency with three major area of focus – App Product Marketing, App Growth Marketing (UA) and Analytics.
- Type: Marketing analytics, In-app analytics
- Platforms supported: iOS, Android.
- Offices: Vancouver, Canada
- Services: App Marketing, App Store Optimization (ASO), Analytics & Engagement, Paid User Acquisition, Prelaunch and Launch planning & execution.
- Tagline: Analyze, Optimize, Grow
We’re the performance marketing agency for a mobile-first world.
We are passionate about helping mobile-first brands grow, and then keep on growing. Our belief is that amazing performance marketing needs personality. It requires a healthy dose of curiosity, creativity, and collaboration. So that’s what we’re here to give you.
- Services: Strategy and campaign planning, Campaign management & optimization, Creative services, Analytics & reporting
- Offices: London, UK
- Tagline:Level up your performance marketing
GamesBoost42 is a fintech company built specifically for businesses in the mobile apps & games industry to help them increase their revenue and grow faster. GamesBoost42 can be a useful funding partner for mobile developers & studios, transferring the money you currently have on hold in stores to your bank account for the smallest interest rate on the market. You can spend the money to attract more users, develop new games etc.
- Services: App Monetization, App Funding, Marketing funding, Scale up mobile app/game
- Offices: Nicosia, Cyprus
- Tagline: Marketing funding for mobile apps
Growth Rocket Apps offers premium marketing talent with all of the marketing bite, and none of the agency fluff. App Marketer of the Year Finalist and App Tweak ASO Expert. Growth Rocket Apps has a team of top-rated freelancers who have come together because we’re tired of agencies that charge premium prices, offer long lock-in periods without guarantees and then pass you on to a junior.
- Services: Growth Marketing, ASO, Search Advertising, Display Advertising, SEO, Content Creation, Social Media Management, Digital Graphic Design, Web & Mobile UI/ UX Design, Lead Generation
- Offices: London, UK, San Jose, US, Mendoza, Argentina
- Tagline: Marketing Experts Without The Agency Fluff
SocialPeta Technology, the world’s leading advertisement creative spy and analysis platform, dedicated to offer top ads creative and marketing strategy for both advertisers and publishers. Serving as an Essential Ad and Marketing Intelligence Platform, SocialPeta focuses on:
- Ad Intelligence, Marketing Intelligence, APP Intelligence
- Ad Cost intelligence, Game Intelligence, Audience Intelligence
Jampp unlocks programmatic advertising to drive incremental performance.
A demand-side platform (DSP) at heart, Jampp leverages unique contextual and behavioral signals to deliver customers and in-app purchases through programmatic user acquisition and retargeting.
We simplify programmatic growth for some of the biggest names in mobile.
- Services: Programmatic User Acquisition, Retargeting
- Offices: London, UK, Berlin, Germany, San Francisco, US, São Paulo & Buenos Aires, Brasil
- Tagline: The growth platform of choice for on-demand apps worldwide.
SDA Media is a performance marketing company built for today. We have partnered with some of the world’s leading mobile app brands and have gained quality downloads in the millions for our clients. We work on a performance based payment model and our #1 focus is results for our clients.
Learn more about SDA Media
Tappx is built by developers to help developers. With billions of monthly ad requests and many thousand app developers registered, Tappx is a fully comprehensive ad tech solution for user acquisition and app monetization, in one single place.Learn more about Tappx
Bamboo is a mobile advertising agency, founded in San Francisco, US in 2014. It specializes on mobile campaign management, mobile growth strategy, creative strategy and production, advertising iteration service. The agency ran paid ad campaigns on top social media networks to acquire mobile app users for leading brands like Dropbox, Hotel Tonight, Peloton, Microsoft and others.
- Services: Media Strategy, Campaign Management, Creative Services For Paid Social, Paid Search and Mobile Ad Channels.
- Offices: San Francisco, US
- Tagline: “Meet the extension of your in-house growth team”
Tyroo is a part of SVG Media Group that was established in 2006. A front-runner in technology and innovation in the digital performance advertising space and headquartered in New Delhi, the company is leading Global Mobile Advertising Technology Platform.Learn more about Tyroo
Appsumer is a reporting and analytics platform for user acquisition teams at scaling apps. It transforms fragmented media cost and attribution data into granular, perfectly unified ROI insights aiding faster, better-informed and more confident UA decision-making.
- Type: Marketing Analytics
- Pricing: n/a
- Platforms supported: Android, iOS
Fourez is an end-to-end digital marketing and mobile apps development company with profound expertise in developing mobile application and crafting winning social media marketing campaigns. The team has in-depth experience in the fields of mobile application development and helped many individuals and organizations to develop mobile apps in platforms like iOS and Android.
- Services: Digital Marketing, Mobile App Development & Promotion, Web Design & Development,
- Offices: Tamil Nadu, India, Bangalore, India
- Tagline: Grow the App users organically
Redbox Mobile is a mobile app marketing agency that specializes in search-related app marketing channels. The agency ‘s team consists of experts in App Store Optimization, running ad campaigns on Apple’s App Store Search Ads platform and Google Play search ads.
- Services: ASO, App Store Search Ads, Google Play PPC
- Offices: London, UK
- Tagline: a multi award-winning App Store Optimisation and Search Ads agency
Collectcent is a performance driven Adtech Company with expertise in mobile based user acquisition. They help Advertisers acquire high quality engaging users globally through in-app, display and video advertising on CPM and CPI business models. Delivering over 3.5 Bn+ impressions and 400K+ install acquisitions per day for their demand stack partners which consists of a mix of Advertisers and Agencies across APAC, North America and Europe.Learn more about Collectcent
Consumer Acquisition is an app marketing agency that provides creative services to supply advertisers with graphic materials to run ad campaigns on multiple platforms, fully-managed user acquisition services and SaaS tools for social media advertisers.
- Services: Ad Creatives Development, Facebook & Google UAC campaigns management, self-service Facebook Ads solution, Advanced Reporting on ad campaigns.
- Offices: California, US
- Tagline: Social Ad Creative Studio & User Acquisition
AdQuantum is a mobile marketing team that works for a share of revenue it generates, without any fees. We ONLY grow when our partners grow. Preferred Collaboration Models: Rev Share, Profit Share Also, work with CPI+KPI and CPA depending on our partners\’ goals & needs.Learn more about AdQuantum
Edge226 is a performance-driven mobile app user acquisition and monetization company. To launch highly targeted ad campaigns and acquire paying users for finance, eCommerce, travel, entertainment apps and games, the company uses its know-how, exclusively owned and operated sites, big data and in-house creative lab.
- Services: Demand Side Platform, Paid advertising on Facebook, Instagram, Google, Snapchat
- Offices: Tel Aviv, Israel; New York, US; Seoul, South Korea, Beijing, China.
- Tagline: AI-Powered Solutions to Accelerate Mobile Growth
Gummicube revolutionized mobile marketing in 2010 as the first App Store Optimization company. Gummicube’s DATACUBE ™ software leverages proprietary ‘big data for mobile’ to understand search trends and the competitive landscape inside of the app stores. By using DATACUBE, mobile search data and user behavior is no longer a black box — resulting in greater visibility, more high-quality organic downloads and a lower overall cost of user acquisition.
- Services: App Store Optimization, Mobile App Marketing, Review & User Sentiment Management, Social Influencer Program,
- Offices: San Jose, US
- Tagline: We’re dedicated to helping your mobile app find its audience.
AppBrain is a leading mobile ad network that offers a unique pay-per-install app promotion service specific to the Android market. The aim of AppBrain is to provide developers with a quick and easy way to expand the reach of their apps and grow and develop their business. Utilizing Cost-Per-Install (CPI) pricing, Appbrain only charges developers for actual installs not clicks or impressions. Budgets can be set for promotion services from $100, and developers can track their spending and number of installs in real-time for measurable results.Learn more about Appbrain
Storyly, the app industry’s first third-party in-app story provider for app owners. We’ve reversed the loved concept of app-stories, and created a tool enabling app owners to implement in-app stories to communicate with their users.
- Interactive stories and two-way communication
- Influencer collaboration (import influencer stories direct to your app)
- Social media import
- Story design studio
- Customer segmentation and personalization, supported with deep-links