A rewarded video is a type of video ad that rewards users for watching full-screen ads in exchange for a particular in-app reward. An example of such an award could be acquiring virtual currency inside a mobile game, completing a game level faster, and so on.
Rewarded videos can benefit all three parties: publishers, advertisers and users. Publishers earn more revenue, advertisers enjoy the increased engagement, and users receive in-app currency to progress faster. The typical length of video ads is 15-30 seconds — these are non-skippable, and mobile users need to opt-in to watch them so they can receive their reward.
We’ve gathered and listed the essential Rewarded Video Advertising Networks here.
Source: Mobile Ecosystem Forum
Rewarded Video Ads Benefits
Rewarded video ads are engaging, popular ads that offer consumers a bonus for choosing to watch them, such as extra lives, points and virtual goods. They often command high average eCPMs and are an attractive format for both advertisers and publishers.
Due to their non-skippable nature, rewarded video ads tend to make lasting impressions for the advertiser, which increases engagement and retention. It’s important to note that post-install actions are often increased as well.
Rewarded video ads are initiated by the viewer inside a mobile app, meaning that they don’t intrude with the user’s overall experience until they are ready to receive their reward. Less intrusion often benefits the advertiser in the long run, as users tend to trust those that respect their time in an app and thereby engage at a higher level.
More benefits include:
- Lower prices for app users or less in-app purchases.
- If the app is free as a result of rewarded video ads, this tends to mean more downloads.
- A higher level of audience targeting as the user chooses to watch an ad — they most likely have some interest in the ad.
- A user must view the ad right until the end to receive their reward; advertisers benefit directly from this.
Source: Game Distribution
Rewarded Video Ads eCPMs
Here are some of the biggest rewarded video ads offers along with their platform, rates, and country.
|Admob||UK||$10 for Android and $17 for iOS|
|US||$12 on Android and $16 on iOS|
|Tapjoy||US||$13 on Android and $12 on iOS|
|Unity Ads||US||$9 on Android and $8 on iOS|
|Local Advertisers||India||Android is around $1, iOS is in the range of $5|
|Adcolony||UK||$3-$5 for both formats|
|Applovin||US||Around $12 to $15, both formats|
|Vungle||US||Around $5 for both formats|
Below we’ve listed the best video rewards networks and platforms so you can get up and running without fuss.
List of rewarded video ad networks
Jampp unlocks programmatic advertising to drive incremental performance. A demand-side platform (DSP) at heart, Jampp leverages unique contextual and behavioral signals to deliver customers and in-app purchases through programmatic user acquisition and retargeting. We simplify programmatic growth for some of the biggest names in mobile.
- Services: User Acquisition, App retargeting, Lift measurement, Geolocated ads, Dynamic Creative Optimization (DCO), Dynamic Product Ads, Predictive Bidding
- Tagline: Unlock new growth
Bidease is a mobile DSP platform for mobile marketers. Its built on a foundation of proprietary programmatic advertising technology, Machine Learning, and first party data. Bidease team optimizes campaigns across all major mobile formats for desired post-install behaviors at no risk to its clients’ bottom line.
- Mobile platforms: iOS, Android, Mobile Web
- Campaign types: CPI, CPA, CPM
- Ad formats supported: Banners, Interstitial, Native, Rewarded Video, Video
- Targeting: Carrier, Device, Gender, Geo, Interests, IP, OS
- Key Markets: global
+250,000 developers, from indies to large enterprises, trust in Appodeal to manage their Ad Monetization. A light full-stack ad monetization solution that puts app publishers first – the way it should be.
By just integrating one simple SDK, you will gain access to +70 ad networks & demand sources, competing against each other in a real-time auction for every single ad impression.
- Services: User Acquisition, Ad Monetization, Business Intelligence
- Offices: San Francisco, US
- Tagline: Turn your Apps into Top-Earning Hits
SmartyAds DSP is a programmatic-buying platform for advertisers who search for safe, supreme-quality push traffic that converts in higher ROI, instant user engagement and retention.
Pricing & Features:
- Push traffic for all screen types & sizes that translates in 200-400% higher ROI & conversions.
- Easy to segment and personalize push creatives.
- The broadest network of premium push traffic publishers and SSP partners (MoPub, MobFox, PubNative) with tested and localized landings across all geos and verticals.
- In-app traffic from more than 1000 top-rated apps with push traffic for iOS & Android.
- 30+ targeting options for geomarketing push campaigns Including geo-targeting, GPS, language, etc.)
- Frequency capping, dayparting and sparring to fine-tune push advertising experience.
- Comprehensive, easy-to-grasp statistics with an in-deep performance overview.
- Third-party impression analytics tags support, API.
- Rapid and easy campaign set up and creative approval.
- Flexible CPM pricing model.
Founded in 2011, AdColony was created by mobile developers, for mobile developers and has grown into one of the largest mobile advertising and monetization platforms in the world with a reach of more than 1.5 billion users globally. AdColony is known for its exclusive Instant-Play™ HD video, Aurora™ HD Interactive video, and playable technologies, its global performance advertising expertise, its programmatic marketplace, and its extensive ad SDK footprint in the top apps worldwide.
- Mobile platforms: Android, IOS
- Campaign types: CPM
- Ad formats supported: Rich Media, Video
- Targeting: Demographic
- Key markets: US
Persona.ly is a tech product company driving mobile user acquisition for brands and app developers, operating world-wide. Using their proprietary bidder and machine-learning algorithms Persona.ly team offers transparent, performance-based, highly-targeted app install and retargeting solutions.
- Mobile platforms: Android, iOS
- Campaign types: CPA, CPE, CPI
- Ad formats supported: Banners, Interstitial, Offerwalls, Rewarded, Rich Media, Video
- Targeting: Custom
- Key Markets: US, South Korea, Japan, Russia, South East Asia and India
Smaato is a mobile advertising and app monetization platform. It features mobile-first ad network and ad server solution for publishers and app developers. Smaato hosts the largest independent mobile ad exchange with global reach. For advertisers it offers Smaato Demand Platform with advanced traffic optimization features, for publishers Smaato Publishers Platform that allows them to achieve high fill rates and yield high eCPMs.
- Mobile platforms: Android, IOS, Mobile, Windows Phone
- Campaign types: CPC
- Ad formats supported: Banners
- Targeting: country, publisher, app, ad format, device, connection type, GPS data, device ID
- Key Markets: Germany, global
Appnext is one of the largest independent app discovery platforms, offering the only recommendation engine on the market, which encompasses both in-app and on-device discovery. Appnext discovery platform powers 4B daily app recommendations via over 20 interactions along users’ daily mobile journey.
Through its direct partnerships with top OEMs, operators and app developers, Appnext creates a discovery experience in over 10,000 mobile touchpoints. Powered by proprietary AI technology, Appnext ‘Timeline’ predicts the type of apps users are likely to utilize next and recommends which ones to install. Appnext’s recommendations are helping app marketers reach more engaged users and get their apps discovered, used and re-used.
As of June 2020, Appnext is part of the Affle group. Affle (India) Limited trades on the Indian stock exchanges (BSE: 542752 & NSE: AFFLE).
- Mobile platforms: Android
- Campaign types: CPI, CPC
- Ad formats supported: Premium on-device Placements, Interstitial, Native Ads, Rewarded videos,
- Targeting: City, Device Model, Time of day, OS, Placements
- Key Markets: Global
PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being an SSP of choice for agencies and advertisers. With our leading programmatic mobile advertising platform, publishers and app developers can leverage the open exchange as well as advanced deal models to maximize their monetization and gain access to brand budgets.
- Mobile platforms: Android, IOS
- Campaign types: CPA, CPC, CPI, CPL, CPM
- Ad formats supported: Banners, In-App, Interstitial, Native, Rewarded Video, Rich Media, Video
- Targeting: Publisher, Geo, Audience Segment, Ad Format, Platform, Domain / App, Viewability
- Key markets: Global
Stack is an end-to-end SaaS-based solution (by the team behind Appodeal’s award winning ad monetization platform) that scales mobile app business growth and drive profit by synthesizing User Acquisition, Ad Monetization and Business Intelligence.
Stack is an independent ad tech market player that strives to clear the way for publishers and advertisers to collaborate directly. In an industry known for being opaque, Stack aims to increase transparency and empower mobile app businesses with the technology and data they need to thrive in a highly competitive landscape.Learn more about Stack