This section is dedicated to mobile advertising networks that support the video ad format. Currently, video ads are the most effective type of digital advertising there is — this is especially true with mobile advertising.
Thanks to giant video content platforms such as YouTube — with its 1.5 billion monthly active users — and Facebook — with 500 million people watching videos daily — video advertising has become mainstream; 60% of marketers used video ads in 2016, and this number keeps going up.
Pre-roll video ad example
Video Ads Benefits
Mobile video advertising is a popular and growing area in advertising which publishers use for monetization. This ad format and its placement options include pre-roll, mid-roll and post-roll.
There’s little doubt that video advertising is the future. Just adding a video ad on a product page, for example, can drastically boost the chances of a sale — this is true on both mobile and desktop devices. The other advantage that comes included with this is that users more often than not like to share videos, increasing an advertiser’s level of exposure with each share.
Video ads are uniquely able to convey a lot of useful information in a relatively short period. Whether the advertiser is showcasing a product or just increasing brand awareness, they’re a very effective way of getting the message across. Video ads are often trackable, as sites like YouTube and Facebook provide a detailed breakdown of the data so advertisers can, in turn, shape their brand. Understanding how many times a video has been shared, where, and how many times it has been liked only improves an advertiser’s chances of reaching their audience.
Other benefits include:
- Videos help you to climb the Google ranks.
- This form of advertising can motivate even the most hesitant customer.
- Most advertisers, on both mobile and desktop, are satisfied with the results of a video campaign.
- A wealth of mobile targeting options include geo, contextual and behavioural.
Video Ads eCPMs
Here are some of the biggest video ads offers along with their platform, rates and country.
|Admob||UK||Around $10 for Android and $17 for iOS|
|Admob||US||Around $13 and iOS is around $16|
|Admob||Japan||Android is around $14 and iOS is around $22|
|YouTube (Pre-roll, mid-roll, post-roll)||US||Up to $15|
|Appodeal||US||Average at: $6.27|
|Appodeal||Worldwide||Average at: $3.08|
Source: Blognife, Appodeal
Below we’ve listed the best mobile video advertising networks and platforms so you can get up and running without difficulty.
List of mobile and in-app ad companies
AdPushup is a leading revenue optimization platform and Google Certified Publishing Partner (GCPP) that helps independent web publishers, media organizations, and e-commerce platforms accelerate their growth using ad layout optimization, header bidding, innovative ad formats, smart ad refresh, ad mediation, adblock recovery.
Learn more about AdPushup
mediasmart, a self-serve mobile programmatic platform (now part of Affle group) provides advertisers, trading desks and agencies an integrated mobile advertising solution with the unique capability of measuring incremental metrics in real-time for Proximity and App marketing.
- Tagline: #1 DSP for Incremental growth
- Services: Proximity Marketing, Connected TV (CTV), Programmatic Brand Marketing, App Marketin, Incrementality Measurement
Founded in 2011, AdColony was created by mobile developers, for mobile developers and has grown into one of the largest mobile advertising and monetization platforms in the world with a reach of more than 1.5 billion users globally. AdColony is known for its exclusive Instant-Play™ HD video, Aurora™ HD Interactive video, and playable technologies, its global performance advertising expertise, its programmatic marketplace, and its extensive ad SDK footprint in the top apps worldwide.
- Mobile platforms: Android, IOS
- Campaign types: CPM
- Ad formats supported: Rich Media, Video
- Targeting: Demographic
- Key markets: US
ironSource is the leading in-app video advertising platform. It is one of the biggest and oldest mobile advertising platforms launched in 2010. Focusing on mobile games, it makes free-to-play and free-to-use possible for over 1.5B people around the world. Over 80,000 app developers use its technologies to grow their businesses, among these such leading companies like Kongregate, Zeptolab, Big Fish Games, Zynga and Playrix.
- Mobile platforms: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Cocos, Amazon, AdobeAir
- Campaign types: CPC, CPE, CPA, CPV
- Ad formats supported: App Wall, Interstitial, Offer Wall, Video
- Targeting: Custom
- Key Markets: United States, Israel
|2014||51 - 100|
We Are RevX Made for growth, built for app marketers. RevX helps app businesses acquire and re-engage users via programmatic advertising to retain and accelerate revenue. We\'re all about taking your app business to a new growth level! We help you build sound mobile strategies, combining programmatic UA, app re-engagement, and performance branding to drive real and verifiable results so you can scale your business: with real users, high retention, and incremental revenue.Learn more about RevX
Smadex is the mobile-first programmatic DSP engineered for growth.
We are a technology company led by engineering and data science, focused on uprising the global mobile programmatic landscape through our ad tech solutions.
Using a combination of our own programmatic advertising technology, machine learning, and first-party data, we have over a decade partnering with apps, brands and performance marketers to achieve their growth goals.
We take transparency very seriously. To guarantee our fully transparent platform remains that way, Smadex programmatic partners with the leading third-party platforms to provide innovative solutions and independent measurement at the very core of our service.Learn more about Smadex
Zoomd is dedicated to helping advertisers and publishers achieve their key performance indicators (KPIs) through a patented, performance-based advertising platform. The Company’s User Acquisition platform unifies more than 600 media sources under one dashboard including Google, TikTok, Samsung premium inventory and much more.
- Business Models – Choose your preferred business model CPC/CPI/CPO/CPE/CPA
- Fraud – Detection as part of the platform, adding you an extra layer of safety
- Measurement – integrated to all major 3rd party mobile measurement solutions
- Cost-efficiency – Save countless resources by managing all campaigns under one screen
- Data Play – Enjoy machine decisions based on more than 500Million data points a day
Jampp unlocks programmatic advertising to drive incremental performance. A demand-side platform (DSP) at heart, Jampp leverages unique contextual and behavioral signals to deliver customers and in-app purchases through programmatic user acquisition and retargeting. We simplify programmatic growth for some of the biggest names in mobile.
- Services: User Acquisition, App retargeting, Lift measurement, Geolocated ads, Dynamic Creative Optimization (DCO), Dynamic Product Ads, Predictive Bidding
- Tagline: Unlock new growth
Bidease is a mobile DSP platform for mobile marketers. Its built on a foundation of proprietary programmatic advertising technology, Machine Learning, and first party data. Bidease team optimizes campaigns across all major mobile formats for desired post-install behaviors at no risk to its clients’ bottom line.
- Mobile platforms: iOS, Android, Mobile Web
- Campaign types: CPI, CPA, CPM
- Ad formats supported: Banners, Interstitial, Native, Rewarded Video, Video
- Targeting: Carrier, Device, Gender, Geo, Interests, IP, OS
- Key Markets: global
VEVE is a performance marketing platform from Affinity Global Inc. that offers unique advertising experiences across OEMs, browsers and telcos. With native, high-performing ad formats – Tiles , Notifications, Universal, unique media placements and customization opportunities, the platform is empowering brands to achieve their advertising KPIs such as sales, app downloads, website visits and user engagement. Additionally, it provides creative and operational support across different languages and locations including the US, UK, EU, IN, ID and CN. VEVE also has its proprietary reporting dashboard to access deep data insights to optimize conversions and user engagement. VEVE also unlocks newer monetization avenues for OEMs and browsers while enhancing users’ online journey.
• Boost new user acquisition – Reach 500+ MN captive audience beyond search and social media network
• Achieve your advertising KPIs – All inventory bought is on performance KPIs such as CPI, CPA, CPC, CPV, etc.
• 100% Brand safe environment – Custom reporting dashboards for complete transparency, real-time insights, and optimization opportunities
• End-to-end campaign management – Creative and operational support across different geographies (US, UK, EU, IN, ID, CN) and in multiple languagesLearn more about VEVE
+250,000 developers, from indies to large enterprises, trust in Appodeal to manage their Ad Monetization. A light full-stack ad monetization solution that puts app publishers first – the way it should be.
By just integrating one simple SDK, you will gain access to +70 ad networks & demand sources, competing against each other in a real-time auction for every single ad impression.
- Services: User Acquisition, Ad Monetization, Business Intelligence
- Offices: San Francisco, US
- Tagline: Turn your Apps into Top-Earning Hits
SmartyAds DSP is a programmatic-buying platform for advertisers who search for safe, supreme-quality push traffic that converts in higher ROI, instant user engagement and retention.
Pricing & Features:
- Push traffic for all screen types & sizes that translates in 200-400% higher ROI & conversions.
- Easy to segment and personalize push creatives.
- The broadest network of premium push traffic publishers and SSP partners (MoPub, MobFox, PubNative) with tested and localized landings across all geos and verticals.
- In-app traffic from more than 1000 top-rated apps with push traffic for iOS & Android.
- 30+ targeting options for geomarketing push campaigns Including geo-targeting, GPS, language, etc.)
- Frequency capping, dayparting and sparring to fine-tune push advertising experience.
- Comprehensive, easy-to-grasp statistics with an in-deep performance overview.
- Third-party impression analytics tags support, API.
- Rapid and easy campaign set up and creative approval.
- Flexible CPM pricing model.
Splicky is the new Demand Side Platform (DSP) for the mobile channel using proprietary Real-Time Advertising (RTA) technology. Their technology makes it simple to buy mobile ad impressions and clicks within mobile sites and apps – in real-time. Using just one platform, you have immediate access to all global mobile inventory which uses Real-Time Bidding (RTB) technology. Within a matter of minutes, your mobile ad campaigns can be displayed on a Cost Per Impression (CPM) and Cost Per Click (CPC) basis. Our platform allows you to target on individual Mobile Sites and Apps, giving you total control at campaign management-level. Our detailed analysis gives you full insights on campaign performance enabling you to maximize your ROI.
- Easy to use interface with a self-serve platform and real-time analytics
- Worldwide reach across a transparent publisher set
- Wide range of targeting options including Geo+hyper location and support for mobile retargeting
- Range of formats supported including banners, interstitials, rich media & video
Mobile ad planning, execution and analysis are complicated for startups because they cannot reach all available app marketing tools. App Samurai makes it easy for them without requiring in-depth mobile advertising knowledge!
Thanks to App Samurai, you can easily create, manage, and measure acquisition campaigns, boost campaigns, and video campaigns to acquire qualified users.Learn more about App Samurai