Search Ads is the Apple Inc. iOS app promotion platform for app developers to drive traffic for their apps via search.
The platform features two plans: Basic and Advanced.
With the Basic plan, currently available only for the US market, developers can set their app ad campaigns with a specific CPI they want to stick to and let it run automatically with minimal management on their part.
The minimum budget for the Basic plan is $5,000 per app per month.
The Advanced plan implies developers need to set up keywords they target and audiences they need to reach, set bids and budgets they plan to spend and pay only when mobile users tap on their ads.
- Reach engaged users at the exact moment they’re searching for your app
- 70% of App Store visitors search to find apps
- Set your own bids and budgets
- View detailed reports of all key metrics
- Pay only for installs at a cost you choose
- Intelligent automation maximizes results
- Pay only when a user taps on your ad
- Quick-view dashboard tracks ad performance
- Minimal ongoing management needed
- Choose keywords and audiences for your ads
Tom Pearman – Head of Partner Development, Search Ads UK at Apple
Tom is a commercial leader with over 15 years experience in media, marketing and business development spanning mobile and digital as well as traditional media channels.
Numbers & Revenue
- Apple has stated that 70% of all downloads come from searches
- The Search Ads conversion rate sits at 50%
- 77% of Search Ads generate a download that the end user was not expecting
- An average of 56% of users are reinstalling apps
- The average Cost per Tap of Apple Search Ads is around $0.84
Apple Search Ads Formats
Apple Search Ads uses a single, sponsored ad that may appear at the top of search results when a user is searching:
Apple Search Ads Format Example
All of these ads have a blue background and ad disclosure icon. It could appear in one of several formats, depending on the user’s device and what may work best for the search query and user.
How To Set Up Apple Search Ads (Video)
List of Apple Search Ads Companies
Redbox Mobile is a mobile app marketing agency that specializes in search-related app marketing channels. The agency ‘s team consists of experts in App Store Optimization, running ad campaigns on Apple’s App Store Search Ads platform and Google Play search ads.
- Services: ASO, App Store Search Ads, Google Play PPC
- Offices: London, UK
- Tagline: a multi award-winning App Store Optimisation and Search Ads agency