A mobile banner ad is an ad unit that is rectangular and comes in both animated and static variants. These types of mobile ads are displayed primarily at the top and bottom of the screen, and they remain in place during a user’s session.
Mobile banner ads are primitive compared to the other ad types out there, but they are still a mildly popular choice, particularly as they are easy to set up and can quickly drive awareness for the advertiser and publisher in question.
In this section, we list all of the banner ad networks that support banners as one of the ad formats to launch advertising campaigns with – these are the best banner ad networks for advertisers. Despite the decreasing popularity of the ad format, it is still in use, has a certain appeal, and advertisers and publishers shouldn’t dismiss the use of it. Our list includes banner ad networks that are good for low traffic sites.
Banner Ads Guide
Banner ads are not the most popular ad formats out there, and they don’t command particularly high prices; however, they are still a valid option for some advertisers and publishers.
Banner ads example in purple
A banner ad’s viewability metric is something advertisers and publishers need to keep an eye on and measure, as the difference between if a banner was actually seen or just served is crucial.
For example, although banner viewability is more of an issue on desktop, a banner ad still needs to be visually appealing. Ideally, this is an ad that catches the eye but doesn’t intrude on the experience of the user. The copy of the ad should be precise and succinct, and any interactivity that can be added will only help it to stand out.
Among the best performing banner ad sizes are those at 300×50, 300×250 in a medium rectangle, and 728×90 in a leaderboard format. Here’s a list of the most common sizes:
- Standard (320 x 50): One of the smallest banner ad sizes and equally one of the most common too. You tend to find these in non-gaming apps and casual gaming apps.
- Medium rectangle (300 x 250): These rectangular banners often go in the middle of the content. They show up when a user is scrolling through a feed. Due to their larger size, it can be easier to get more information across in an appealing way.
- Large (320 x 90 or 100): This variant is slightly larger than the most standard banner, and allows for video and animated banners to engage a user.
- Smart – these banners are a little bit different and adjust to fit the user’s device, 320 x 50 if the screen height is ≤ 720 and 728 x 90 if the screen height is > 720. They remove the fear that some advertisers have of their ad not displaying properly on the huge amount of mobile devices now available.
Mobile banner ads examples:
Medium rectangle (300 x 250):
Banner Ad Networks CPMs
Here are some of the best online banner ad networks offers along with their platform and country in the table below. CPMs change on a frequent basis, so publishers and advertisers should look around for the best rates.
|ExoClick||US||On average: $2|
|HilltopAds||US||On average: $2.24|
|PopAds||US||On average: $1.28|
|PropellerAds||US||On average: $0.06|
|RoyalAds||US||On average: $0.29|
|Plugrush||US||On average: $0.63|
|AdsTerra||US||On average: $1.87|
|AdCash||US||On average: $0.69|
These are a good choice for mid-market publishers who are looking for something specifically catered to them, rather than opting for Google AdSense.
Banner ad networks each come with their own set of features too. Features like split testing, safe ads, and even automated payment are available. A healthy variety of ad formats with strong features is the winning combination here.
Overall banner ad networks are a great starting point for developers looking to get going on monetizing their content. However, they are not necessarily the format for long-term use once a developer becomes more confident.
List of Mobile and App Banner Ad Networks
Zoomd is dedicated to helping advertisers and publishers achieve their key performance indicators (KPIs) through a patented, performance-based advertising platform. The Company’s User Acquisition platform unifies more than 600 media sources under one dashboard including Google, TikTok, Samsung premium inventory and much more.
- Business Models – Choose your preferred business model CPC/CPI/CPO/CPE/CPA
- Fraud – Detection as part of the platform, adding you an extra layer of safety
- Measurement – integrated to all major 3rd party mobile measurement solutions
- Cost-efficiency – Save countless resources by managing all campaigns under one screen
- Data Play – Enjoy machine decisions based on more than 500Million data points a day
Smadex is the mobile-first programmatic DSP engineered for growth.
We are a technology company led by engineering and data science, focused on uprising the global mobile programmatic landscape through our ad tech solutions.
Using a combination of our own programmatic advertising technology, machine learning, and first-party data, we have over a decade partnering with apps, brands and performance marketers to achieve their growth goals.
We take transparency very seriously. To guarantee our fully transparent platform remains that way, Smadex programmatic partners with the leading third-party platforms to provide innovative solutions and independent measurement at the very core of our service.Learn more about Smadex
Adikteev is the leading app re-engagement platform for performance-driven marketers.
We help the world’s top-spending app publishers increase retention, reacquire churned users and drive incremental revenue. App publishers in gaming, eCommerce, on-demand, services and entertainment rely on us to deliver made-to-measure strategies, creatives and algorithms.
By combining science and creativity, we deliver best-in-class playable and interactive ads paired with top retargeting tech. We believe in creating a unique strategy for each client based on data to provide measurable and transparent results that increase user LTV and fuel business growth.
Adikteev is #10 among Inc. Magazine’s Top 5000 fastest growing companies and ranked in the top retargeting partners of the world for two consecutive years by AppsFlyer Performance Index
Learn more about Adikteev
ironSource is the leading in-app video advertising platform. It is one of the biggest and oldest mobile advertising platforms launched in 2010. Focusing on mobile games, it makes free-to-play and free-to-use possible for over 1.5B people around the world. Over 80,000 app developers use its technologies to grow their businesses, among these such leading companies like Kongregate, Zeptolab, Big Fish Games, Zynga and Playrix.
- Mobile platforms: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Cocos, Amazon, AdobeAir
- Campaign types: CPC, CPE, CPA, CPV
- Ad formats supported: App Wall, Interstitial, Offer Wall, Video
- Targeting: Custom
- Key Markets: United States, Israel
AdPushup is a leading revenue optimization platform and Google Certified Publishing Partner (GCPP) that helps independent web publishers, media organizations, and e-commerce platforms accelerate their growth using ad layout optimization, header bidding, innovative ad formats, smart ad refresh, ad mediation, adblock recovery.
Learn more about AdPushup
|2014||51 - 100|
We Are RevX Made for growth, built for app marketers. RevX helps app businesses acquire and re-engage users via programmatic advertising to retain and accelerate revenue. We\'re all about taking your app business to a new growth level! We help you build sound mobile strategies, combining programmatic UA, app re-engagement, and performance branding to drive real and verifiable results so you can scale your business: with real users, high retention, and incremental revenue.Learn more about RevX
Founded in 2011, AdColony was created by mobile developers, for mobile developers and has grown into one of the largest mobile advertising and monetization platforms in the world with a reach of more than 1.5 billion users globally. AdColony is known for its exclusive Instant-Play™ HD video, Aurora™ HD Interactive video, and playable technologies, its global performance advertising expertise, its programmatic marketplace, and its extensive ad SDK footprint in the top apps worldwide.
- Mobile platforms: Android, IOS
- Campaign types: CPM
- Ad formats supported: Rich Media, Video
- Targeting: Demographic
- Key markets: US
Jampp unlocks programmatic advertising to drive incremental performance. A demand-side platform (DSP) at heart, Jampp leverages unique contextual and behavioral signals to deliver customers and in-app purchases through programmatic user acquisition and retargeting. We simplify programmatic growth for some of the biggest names in mobile.
- Services: User Acquisition, App retargeting, Lift measurement, Geolocated ads, Dynamic Creative Optimization (DCO), Dynamic Product Ads, Predictive Bidding
- Tagline: Unlock new growth
Bidease is a mobile DSP platform for mobile marketers. Its built on a foundation of proprietary programmatic advertising technology, Machine Learning, and first party data. Bidease team optimizes campaigns across all major mobile formats for desired post-install behaviors at no risk to its clients’ bottom line.
- Mobile platforms: iOS, Android, Mobile Web
- Campaign types: CPI, CPA, CPM
- Ad formats supported: Banners, Interstitial, Native, Rewarded Video, Video
- Targeting: Carrier, Device, Gender, Geo, Interests, IP, OS
- Key Markets: global
InMobi is the largest independent mobile ad network with global reach in markets including the UK, Europe, US, South Africa and India. InMobi offers advertisers to reach over 1,5 billion mobile users across more than 32,000 mobile properties to choose from. With InMobile mobile ad network, advertisers can launch brand engagement, user acquisition or remarking ad campaigns. Acquisition of a mobile rich media company Sprout allows InMobi to offer premium mobile ads as well as a huge volume of other inventory. Advertisers include leading brands such as Ford and Levis.
- Mobile platforms: Android, iOS, Mobile Web
- Campaign types: CPC, CPI, CPA, CPX, CPM
- Ad formats supported: Banners, Native, Video, Interstitial, In-Game
- Targeting: carrier, channel, country, device, operator, os, time
- Key Markets: Europe, India, Japan, Kenya, South Africa, UK, United States
High Quality Mobile Traffic & Exclusive Placements on SONY Xperia, Native SDK10
myAppFree is a performance-based advertising platform, founded in 2015 in Italy by Massimo Caroli and Riccardo Fuzzi, that matches advertisers and publishers. One of the unique features it offers in terms of inventory for advertisers is an access to 40 million plus Sony Xperia smartphone users, as well as own App Discovery that features the best mobile apps for users to discover.
- Mobile platforms: Android, iOS, Windows Phone
- Campaign types: CPA, CPC, CPI
- Ad formats supported: Banners, Interstitial, Native, Notifications
- Targeting: Audience, Geo, Interests, OS, Platform
- Key Markets: Asia, Europe, Latin America, USA
Mobile ad planning, execution and analysis are complicated for startups because they cannot reach all available app marketing tools. App Samurai makes it easy for them without requiring in-depth mobile advertising knowledge!
Thanks to App Samurai, you can easily create, manage, and measure acquisition campaigns, boost campaigns, and video campaigns to acquire qualified users.Learn more about App Samurai
VEVE is a performance marketing platform from Affinity Global Inc. that offers unique advertising experiences across OEMs, browsers and telcos. With native, high-performing ad formats – Tiles , Notifications, Universal, unique media placements and customization opportunities, the platform is empowering brands to achieve their advertising KPIs such as sales, app downloads, website visits and user engagement. Additionally, it provides creative and operational support across different languages and locations including the US, UK, EU, IN, ID and CN. VEVE also has its proprietary reporting dashboard to access deep data insights to optimize conversions and user engagement. VEVE also unlocks newer monetization avenues for OEMs and browsers while enhancing users’ online journey.
• Boost new user acquisition – Reach 500+ MN captive audience beyond search and social media network
• Achieve your advertising KPIs – All inventory bought is on performance KPIs such as CPI, CPA, CPC, CPV, etc.
• 100% Brand safe environment – Custom reporting dashboards for complete transparency, real-time insights, and optimization opportunities
• End-to-end campaign management – Creative and operational support across different geographies (US, UK, EU, IN, ID, CN) and in multiple languagesLearn more about VEVE
+250,000 developers, from indies to large enterprises, trust in Appodeal to manage their Ad Monetization. A light full-stack ad monetization solution that puts app publishers first – the way it should be.
By just integrating one simple SDK, you will gain access to +70 ad networks & demand sources, competing against each other in a real-time auction for every single ad impression.
- Services: User Acquisition, Ad Monetization, Business Intelligence
- Offices: San Francisco, US
- Tagline: Turn your Apps into Top-Earning Hits
ADxAD is CPM Ad network for advertiser looking for: High quality banner, pop, native, interstitial, member’s area traffic Adult, dating, betting, gambling, gaming vertical’s traffic Self-service and full-service platform CPM model WW volumes ( key geos: JP, VN, IN, TW, HK, SG, KR, PH, MY, TH, CN, US) Adjustable RON and Premium traffic streams oRTB endpoints and directlink support Payment methods: Wire (€, $), Paypal ($,€), Paxum ($,€), Capitalist ($,€).Learn more about ADxAD
SmartyAds DSP is a programmatic-buying platform for advertisers who search for safe, supreme-quality push traffic that converts in higher ROI, instant user engagement and retention.
Pricing & Features:
- Push traffic for all screen types & sizes that translates in 200-400% higher ROI & conversions.
- Easy to segment and personalize push creatives.
- The broadest network of premium push traffic publishers and SSP partners (MoPub, MobFox, PubNative) with tested and localized landings across all geos and verticals.
- In-app traffic from more than 1000 top-rated apps with push traffic for iOS & Android.
- 30+ targeting options for geomarketing push campaigns Including geo-targeting, GPS, language, etc.)
- Frequency capping, dayparting and sparring to fine-tune push advertising experience.
- Comprehensive, easy-to-grasp statistics with an in-deep performance overview.
- Third-party impression analytics tags support, API.
- Rapid and easy campaign set up and creative approval.
- Flexible CPM pricing model.
DSPs, Media Buyers, Mobile Networks, and Apps - Scale your income by working with the Aragon Premium Mobile Marketing Agency. Our team manages programmatic budgets from dozens of established and rising brands across multiple verticals, but specializing in the FinTech space.Learn more about Aragon Premium
Splicky is the new Demand Side Platform (DSP) for the mobile channel using proprietary Real-Time Advertising (RTA) technology. Their technology makes it simple to buy mobile ad impressions and clicks within mobile sites and apps – in real-time. Using just one platform, you have immediate access to all global mobile inventory which uses Real-Time Bidding (RTB) technology. Within a matter of minutes, your mobile ad campaigns can be displayed on a Cost Per Impression (CPM) and Cost Per Click (CPC) basis. Our platform allows you to target on individual Mobile Sites and Apps, giving you total control at campaign management-level. Our detailed analysis gives you full insights on campaign performance enabling you to maximize your ROI.
- Easy to use interface with a self-serve platform and real-time analytics
- Worldwide reach across a transparent publisher set
- Wide range of targeting options including Geo+hyper location and support for mobile retargeting
- Range of formats supported including banners, interstitials, rich media & video