A mobile banner ad is an ad unit that is rectangular and comes in both animated and static variants. These types of mobile ads are displayed primarily at the top and bottom of the screen, and they remain in place during a user’s session.
Mobile banner ads are primitive compared to the other ad types out there, but they are still a mildly popular choice, particularly as they are easy to set up and can quickly drive awareness for the advertiser and publisher in question.
In this section, we list all of the banner ad networks that support banners as one of the ad formats to launch advertising campaigns with – these are the best banner ad networks for advertisers. Despite the decreasing popularity of the ad format, it is still in use, has a certain appeal, and advertisers and publishers shouldn’t dismiss the use of it. Our list includes banner ad networks that are good for low traffic sites.
Banner Ads Guide
Banner ads are not the most popular ad formats out there, and they don’t command particularly high prices; however, they are still a valid option for some advertisers and publishers.
Banner ads example in purple
A banner ad’s viewability metric is something advertisers and publishers need to keep an eye on and measure, as the difference between if a banner was actually seen or just served is crucial.
For example, although banner viewability is more of an issue on desktop, a banner ad still needs to be visually appealing. Ideally, this is an ad that catches the eye but doesn’t intrude on the experience of the user. The copy of the ad should be precise and succinct, and any interactivity that can be added will only help it to stand out.
Among the best performing banner ad sizes are those at 300×50, 300×250 in a medium rectangle, and 728×90 in a leaderboard format. Here’s a list of the most common sizes:
- Standard (320 x 50): One of the smallest banner ad sizes and equally one of the most common too. You tend to find these in non-gaming apps and casual gaming apps.
- Medium rectangle (300 x 250): These rectangular banners often go in the middle of the content. They show up when a user is scrolling through a feed. Due to their larger size, it can be easier to get more information across in an appealing way.
- Large (320 x 90 or 100): This variant is slightly larger than the most standard banner, and allows for video and animated banners to engage a user.
- Smart – these banners are a little bit different and adjust to fit the user’s device, 320 x 50 if the screen height is ≤ 720 and 728 x 90 if the screen height is > 720. They remove the fear that some advertisers have of their ad not displaying properly on the huge amount of mobile devices now available.
Mobile banner ads examples:
Medium rectangle (300 x 250):
Banner Ad Networks CPMs
Here are some of the best online banner ad networks offers along with their platform and country in the table below. CPMs change on a frequent basis, so publishers and advertisers should look around for the best rates.
|ExoClick||US||On average: $2|
|HilltopAds||US||On average: $2.24|
|PopAds||US||On average: $1.28|
|PropellerAds||US||On average: $0.06|
|RoyalAds||US||On average: $0.29|
|Plugrush||US||On average: $0.63|
|AdsTerra||US||On average: $1.87|
|AdCash||US||On average: $0.69|
These are a good choice for mid-market publishers who are looking for something specifically catered to them, rather than opting for Google AdSense.
Banner ad networks each come with their own set of features too. Features like split testing, safe ads, and even automated payment are available. A healthy variety of ad formats with strong features is the winning combination here.
Overall banner ad networks are a great starting point for developers looking to get going on monetizing their content. However, they are not necessarily the format for long-term use once a developer becomes more confident.
List of Mobile and App Banner Ad Networks
Jampp unlocks programmatic advertising to drive incremental performance. A demand-side platform (DSP) at heart, Jampp leverages unique contextual and behavioral signals to deliver customers and in-app purchases through programmatic user acquisition and retargeting. We simplify programmatic growth for some of the biggest names in mobile.
- Services: User Acquisition, App retargeting, Lift measurement, Geolocated ads, Dynamic Creative Optimization (DCO), Dynamic Product Ads, Predictive Bidding
- Tagline: Unlock new growth
Adsterra is a world-renowned ad network with Partner Care approach, serving over 30 billion ad impressions per month worldwide (70% of traffic is mobile). 18K+ direct publishers and 12K+ brands, affiliates, media agencies, and ad networks dealing with mainstream and non-mainstream verticals.Learn more about Adsterra Network
ironSource is the leading in-app video advertising platform. It is one of the biggest and oldest mobile advertising platforms launched in 2010. Focusing on mobile games, it makes free-to-play and free-to-use possible for over 1.5B people around the world. Over 80,000 app developers use its technologies to grow their businesses, among these such leading companies like Kongregate, Zeptolab, Big Fish Games, Zynga and Playrix.
- Mobile platforms: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Cocos, Amazon, AdobeAir
- Campaign types: CPC, CPE, CPA, CPV
- Ad formats supported: App Wall, Interstitial, Offer Wall, Video
- Targeting: Custom
- Key Markets: United States, Israel
Zoomd is dedicated to helping advertisers and publishers achieve their key performance indicators (KPIs) through a patented, performance-based advertising platform. The Company’s User Acquisition platform unifies more than 600 media sources under one dashboard including Google, TikTok, Samsung premium inventory and much more.
- Business Models – Choose your preferred business model CPC/CPI/CPO/CPE/CPA
- Fraud – Detection as part of the platform, adding you an extra layer of safety
- Measurement – integrated to all major 3rd party mobile measurement solutions
- Cost-efficiency – Save countless resources by managing all campaigns under one screen
- Data Play – Enjoy machine decisions based on more than 500Million data points a day
Adikteev is the leading app re-engagement platform for performance-driven marketers.
We help the world’s top-spending app publishers increase retention, reacquire churned users and drive incremental revenue. App publishers in gaming, eCommerce, on-demand, services and entertainment rely on us to deliver made-to-measure strategies, creatives and algorithms.
By combining science and creativity, we deliver best-in-class playable and interactive ads paired with top retargeting tech. We believe in creating a unique strategy for each client based on data to provide measurable and transparent results that increase user LTV and fuel business growth.
Adikteev is #10 among Inc. Magazine’s Top 5000 fastest growing companies and ranked in the top retargeting partners of the world for two consecutive years by AppsFlyer Performance Index
Learn more about Adikteev
Bidease is a mobile DSP platform for mobile marketers. Its built on a foundation of proprietary programmatic advertising technology, Machine Learning, and first party data. Bidease team optimizes campaigns across all major mobile formats for desired post-install behaviors at no risk to its clients’ bottom line.
- Mobile platforms: iOS, Android, Mobile Web
- Campaign types: CPI, CPA, CPM
- Ad formats supported: Banners, Interstitial, Native, Rewarded Video, Video
- Targeting: Carrier, Device, Gender, Geo, Interests, IP, OS
- Key Markets: global
Appitate LLC is an international mobile affiliate network. Members of our team are high-skilled professionals in the sphere of mobile promotion and traffic monetization.
Appitate works with CPI and CPA models, supports both IOS and Android OS, and covers more than 100 GEOs. Moreover, our network works with direct App-developers and Advertisers, exclusive and direct Publishers only. With the help of advanced technology and exceptional technology, Appitate LLC easily matches all needs of each publisher and meets the advertiser’s goals.Learn more about Appitate
High Quality Mobile Traffic & Exclusive Placements on SONY Xperia, Native SDK10
myAppFree is a performance-based advertising platform, founded in 2015 in Italy by Massimo Caroli and Riccardo Fuzzi, that matches advertisers and publishers. One of the unique features it offers in terms of inventory for advertisers is an access to 40 million plus Sony Xperia smartphone users, as well as own App Discovery that features the best mobile apps for users to discover.
- Mobile platforms: Android, iOS, Windows Phone
- Campaign types: CPA, CPC, CPI
- Ad formats supported: Banners, Interstitial, Native, Notifications
- Targeting: Audience, Geo, Interests, OS, Platform
- Key Markets: Asia, Europe, Latin America, USA
+250,000 developers, from indies to large enterprises, trust in Appodeal to manage their Ad Monetization. A light full-stack ad monetization solution that puts app publishers first – the way it should be.
By just integrating one simple SDK, you will gain access to +70 ad networks & demand sources, competing against each other in a real-time auction for every single ad impression.
- Services: User Acquisition, Ad Monetization, Business Intelligence
- Offices: San Francisco, US
- Tagline: Turn your Apps into Top-Earning Hits
Splicky is the new Demand Side Platform (DSP) for the mobile channel using proprietary Real-Time Advertising (RTA) technology. Their technology makes it simple to buy mobile ad impressions and clicks within mobile sites and apps – in real-time. Using just one platform, you have immediate access to all global mobile inventory which uses Real-Time Bidding (RTB) technology. Within a matter of minutes, your mobile ad campaigns can be displayed on a Cost Per Impression (CPM) and Cost Per Click (CPC) basis. Our platform allows you to target on individual Mobile Sites and Apps, giving you total control at campaign management-level. Our detailed analysis gives you full insights on campaign performance enabling you to maximize your ROI.
- Easy to use interface with a self-serve platform and real-time analytics
- Worldwide reach across a transparent publisher set
- Wide range of targeting options including Geo+hyper location and support for mobile retargeting
- Range of formats supported including banners, interstitials, rich media & video
SmartyAds DSP is a programmatic-buying platform for advertisers who search for safe, supreme-quality push traffic that converts in higher ROI, instant user engagement and retention.
Pricing & Features:
- Push traffic for all screen types & sizes that translates in 200-400% higher ROI & conversions.
- Easy to segment and personalize push creatives.
- The broadest network of premium push traffic publishers and SSP partners (MoPub, MobFox, PubNative) with tested and localized landings across all geos and verticals.
- In-app traffic from more than 1000 top-rated apps with push traffic for iOS & Android.
- 30+ targeting options for geomarketing push campaigns Including geo-targeting, GPS, language, etc.)
- Frequency capping, dayparting and sparring to fine-tune push advertising experience.
- Comprehensive, easy-to-grasp statistics with an in-deep performance overview.
- Third-party impression analytics tags support, API.
- Rapid and easy campaign set up and creative approval.
- Flexible CPM pricing model.
Founded in 2011, AdColony was created by mobile developers, for mobile developers and has grown into one of the largest mobile advertising and monetization platforms in the world with a reach of more than 1.5 billion users globally. AdColony is known for its exclusive Instant-Play™ HD video, Aurora™ HD Interactive video, and playable technologies, its global performance advertising expertise, its programmatic marketplace, and its extensive ad SDK footprint in the top apps worldwide.
- Mobile platforms: Android, IOS
- Campaign types: CPM
- Ad formats supported: Rich Media, Video
- Targeting: Demographic
- Key markets: US
VEVE is a performance marketing platform from Affinity Global Inc. that offers unique advertising experiences across OEMs, browsers and telcos. With native, high-performing ad formats – Tiles , Notifications, Universal, unique media placements and customization opportunities, the platform is empowering brands to achieve their advertising KPIs such as sales, app downloads, website visits and user engagement. Additionally, it provides creative and operational support across different languages and locations including the US, UK, EU, IN, ID and CN. VEVE also has its proprietary reporting dashboard to access deep data insights to optimize conversions and user engagement. VEVE also unlocks newer monetization avenues for OEMs and browsers while enhancing users’ online journey.
• Boost new user acquisition – Reach 500+ MN captive audience beyond search and social media network
• Achieve your advertising KPIs – All inventory bought is on performance KPIs such as CPI, CPA, CPC, CPV, etc.
• 100% Brand safe environment – Custom reporting dashboards for complete transparency, real-time insights, and optimization opportunities
• End-to-end campaign management – Creative and operational support across different geographies (US, UK, EU, IN, ID, CN) and in multiple languagesLearn more about VEVE
DSPs, Media Buyers, Mobile Networks, and Apps - Scale your income by working with the Aragon Premium Mobile Marketing Agency. Our team manages programmatic budgets from dozens of established and rising brands across multiple verticals, but specializing in the FinTech space.Learn more about Aragon Premium
Mobile ad planning, execution and analysis are complicated for startups because they cannot reach all available app marketing tools. App Samurai makes it easy for them without requiring in-depth mobile advertising knowledge!
Thanks to App Samurai, you can easily create, manage, and measure acquisition campaigns, boost campaigns, and video campaigns to acquire qualified users.Learn more about App Samurai
Gimbal translates location data into intent, conversion, and insight for marketers trying to reach consumers and businesses wanting to improve their customers’ lives.
Highlights include the following:
- Location-based marketing
- Identity-based platform
- Foot Traffic Analytics
- Custom Audiences
Veziron Media DSP is a Demand Side Platform, formerly known as Oauth DSP, for advertisers to programmatically monitor, create and manage ad campaigns. The platform offers advertisers Native, Mobile, Video, Branded Content and Premium Integrations formats to launch ad campaigns.
- Highlights: 1 billion people reach, 200 daily cross-channel datapoint, unto 48% conversion increase thanks to ML algorithms
- AppsFlyer Performance Index: Southeast Asia/Up & Comers #5 (2018)
- Tagline: Connecting global brands to captivated audiences
Smaato is a mobile advertising and app monetization platform. It features mobile-first ad network and ad server solution for publishers and app developers. Smaato hosts the largest independent mobile ad exchange with global reach. For advertisers it offers Smaato Demand Platform with advanced traffic optimization features, for publishers Smaato Publishers Platform that allows them to achieve high fill rates and yield high eCPMs.
- Mobile platforms: Android, IOS, Mobile, Windows Phone
- Campaign types: CPC
- Ad formats supported: Banners
- Targeting: country, publisher, app, ad format, device, connection type, GPS data, device ID
- Key Markets: Germany, global
Xandr is online advertising platform from AT&T. Leveraging multi-generational legacy of AT&T, the company provides a premium platform for advertisers and publishers looking to reach specific audiences at scale in brand-safe environments all through a powerful, unified platform. What gives Xandr a competitive advantage is a combination of data insights, premium content, powerful technology, and scaled direct-to-consumer distribution.Learn more about Xandr
Youmi is a mobile advertising and marketing platform, founded in China in 2010. It powers 10,000 advertisers ad campaigns with 600,000 publishers mobile inventory to reach out mobile audience in 200+ countries on 2.2 billion mobile devices.
- Mobile platforms: Android, IOS, Mobile Web
- Campaign types: CPA, CPC, CPM
- Ad formats supported: Banners, Rich Media, Text
- Targeting: Device, Local, OS, Time
- Key Markets: China
The largest independent sell-side advertising platform, built from Rubicon Project & Telaria(0) REVIEWS
Magnite is the world’s largest independent sell-side advertising platform that combines Rubicon Project’s programmatic expertise with Telaria’s leadership in CTV. It offers a global exchange system for advertising, it connects ad sellers and ad buyers worldwide. Magnite’s ad server helps sellers (publishers) to get connected with premium buyers, showcase their inventory in a dedicated storefront, respond to a buyer’s RFPs and more, sellers (advertisers) can reach desired audience from a broad spectrum and from all over the world.
- Key features: 60,000+ app publishers, 1 million+ websites, 900,000 advertisers bid for publishers inventory
- Ad formats: Native, Pre-roll & Mid-roll & Post-roll video, Vertical Video, Reward Video, Outstream
- Platforms support: Android, IOS
Facebook Ads is the biggest digital advertising platform with a major focus on mobile ads. It features the best ad format, targeting and reporting capabilities in the industry. The platform allows mobile app advertisers to run ad campaigns on their choice on Facebook itself, its Messenger app, Instagram, Audience Network (to show ads across the web) and its app for businesses Workplace.
- Mobile platforms: iOS, Android, Web
- Campaign types: CPI, CPM
- Ad formats supported: banners, carousel banners, video, slideshow
- Targeting: age, gender, location, device, mobile OS, OS version, interests, mobile user language.
- Key markets: global
Pocketmath is the world’s fastest self-serve mobile advertising platform for buying programmatic real-time bidding inventory, launched in 2011. With a headquarter in Singapore, Pocketmath operates on a global scale. The company’s mobile DSP offers extensive targeting options including location, device, cherry-pick apps, audience, competitor app targeting, retargeting, demographic, wifi/carrier, and time of day scheduling.Learn more about Pocketmath
ZEDO is a digital advertising platform for brands and agencies that’s been on the market since 1999. On top of being one of the industry veterans, there are several features that set this platform apart from competition. Namely – it is VAST 3.0 compliant, making it really efficient for advertisers to plan, execute and optimize their video ad campaigns. The platform’s SDK supports iOS, Android and Windows mobile OS to run display or video ad campaigns.
With ZEDO, advertisers can also inspect and analyze all media sources their ad campaigns to be run with, leverage advanced targeting, sophisticated reporting and 24×7 customer support.Learn more about ZEDO
StackAdapt is a Toronto, Canada-based programmatic native advertising platform that provides both self-serve and hosted DSP solution for advertisers. Among platform’s distinctive features its easy-to-use interface, Machine Leaning algorithms that power its efficiency, real-time campaign optimization, intent-based targeting and retargeting capabilities, state-of-the-art fraud detection, transparent user data & inventory, award-winning customer support and no monthly minimums.
- Highlights: native advertising, advanced targeting & retargeting capabilities, Machine Learning algorithms
- AppsFlyer Performance Index: n/a
- Tagline: The #1 programmatic native advertising platform
Persona.ly is a tech product company driving mobile user acquisition for brands and app developers, operating world-wide. Using their proprietary bidder and machine-learning algorithms Persona.ly team offers transparent, performance-based, highly-targeted app install and retargeting solutions.
- Mobile platforms: Android, iOS
- Campaign types: CPA, CPE, CPI
- Ad formats supported: Banners, Interstitial, Offerwalls, Rewarded, Rich Media, Video
- Targeting: Custom
- Key Markets: US, South Korea, Japan, Russia, South East Asia and India
MoPub offers a three piece platform for mobile publishers, founded by app developers who appreciate the use of an open source SDK. The platform enables publishers/developers to choose between monetising between direct ads, ad networks or its real time bidding system. This provides unmatched transparency and enables full maximisation of advertising potential without sacrificing the user experience.
MoPub also offers substantial analytics and control and provides real time controls to monitor campaigns and maximise their revenue. The platform can also be used to run cross promotions on apps to share impressions, clicks and installs to drive traffic from one app to the other. It works on all HTML browsers and supports any size of ad on screens, phones or tablets.
- Open source SDKs for Android and iOS
- Variety of major ad formats supported, including static images, full HTML5, video, Rich Media and ORMMA Rich Media
- Full tracking provided to monitor impressions, clicks, revenuws and active users
- Optimizes ad networks to maximize clicks and revenue from campaigns
Adsperfection is an ad tech company that helps brands and developers with users acquisition and in-app monetization. With Adsperfection advertisers can acquire engaged and paying users for their app/product/service, as well as buy media at scale and get advanced solutions for preventing fraud. Publishers can boost their eCPM with flexible ad formats, use high impact monetization solutions and arrange direct deals from most recognizable app developers worldwide.
- Mobile platforms: iOS, Android
- Campaign types: CPA, CPC, CPI, CPL, CPM, CPS
- Ad formats supported: Banners, Interstitial, Native, Video
- Targeting: Custom
- Key Markets: Australia, Canada, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, South Africa, Spain, UK, USA
Fyber is a leading mobile advertising technology company with headquarters in Berlin. The mobile ad network by Fyber supports a broad range of parties – app developers, advertisers and agencies, other ad networks and DSPs. It combines proprietary technologies and expertise in mediation, ad server, RTB, video and audience segmentation to create holistic solutions that shape the future of the app economy. It providers advertisers with programmatic ad formats that are IAB-standard compliant (Open RTB 2.3, HTML5, VAST). With Fyber app developers can run video, interstitial, engagement and install campaigns.
Fyber recently fully merged its three previous acquisitions: Heyzap, Inneractive and Fyber RTB (formerly, Falk Realtime), and is now operating under one single brand. It is publicly traded on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange under the symbol FBEN.
- Mobile platforms: Android, iOS
- Campaign types: CPA, CPM, CPI, CPV
- Ad formats supported: Banner, Interstitial, Native, Video
- Targeting: carrier, device, OS
- Key Markets: Global
InMobi is the largest independent mobile ad network with global reach in markets including the UK, Europe, US, South Africa and India. InMobi offers advertisers to reach over 1,5 billion mobile users across more than 32,000 mobile properties to choose from. With InMobile mobile ad network, advertisers can launch brand engagement, user acquisition or remarking ad campaigns. Acquisition of a mobile rich media company Sprout allows InMobi to offer premium mobile ads as well as a huge volume of other inventory. Advertisers include leading brands such as Ford and Levis.
- Mobile platforms: Android, iOS, Mobile Web
- Campaign types: CPC, CPI
- Ad formats supported: Banner, Native, Video, Interstitial, Rich Media
- Targeting: carrier, channel, country, device, operator, os, time
- Key Markets: Europe, India, Japan, Kenya, South Africa, UK, United States
Taptica is a mobile user acquisition platform, offering ML algorithms powered advertising solutions to brands and app developers. With a big network of approved publishers, Taptica is capable to reach more than 200 million mobile users worldwide. On the advertising side of things, the platform focuses on generating relevant and loyal audiences for apps and games and also offers a high volume of media, including RTB exchanges.
- Mobile platforms: Android, IOS
- Campaign types: CPA, CPC
- Ad formats supported: Banners, Interstitial, Text, Video
- Targeting: Custom
- Key Markets: Latin America, USA
Spotad is a performance-based Demand-Side-Marketing-
- Performance driven
- Mobile experts
- Utilize data for better targeting and optimization
- Using self-developed ML model
- Full control of the creative assets for a better user engagement. From the Ad Design to the Ad Serving