Rich Media is a broad digital advertising term that encapsulates digital ads that have multiple features such as video, audio, and animation. Rich media ads achieve a higher level of engagement compared with regular banners or text ads simply because there’s more to work with while advertising.
Typically a rich media ad creative is more than 200K in size, may use multiple files to function, and can expand to a larger scale upon being clicked.
Rich media mobile example
Source: Mobile Ads
Rich Media Benefits
Rich media is a powerful way of reaching an audience, and they’re effective because they offer a variety of advertising options. Rich media ads, for example, can include videos whereas basic text-based ads can’t. Missing out on such a powerful tool would be unwise as online video consumption continues to explode.
There’s more space to display your advertising with rich media ads, and there are few limits as to what you can include. Aspects like call to actions, display photos and audio can be combined with video to make an advertising campaign stand out. Rich media ads offer extensive tracking these days as well, so you can see how a campaign has performed from multiple viewpoints.
Advertisers can cater to different types of age groups with rich media advertising, and there’s a good chance they’ll make a lasting impression. These ads often have high CTRs and are very effective at raising brand awareness if used correctly.
That said, there are a few cons to rich media ads as well:
- This type of advertising can be blocked relatively easily if a user finds them annoying.
- A considerable amount of effort is required to create the ads.
- These ads are often larger in file size and can take some time to download, meaning you are dependent on a user having a reliable internet connection.
Rich media mobile example 2
Source: Mobile Marketing Magazine
Rich Media eCPMs
Here are some of the biggest Rich Media ads offers along with their platform, rates and country.
|Admob||UK||Around $10 for Android and $17 for iOS|
|Admob||US||Around $11 and iOS is around $16|
|Admob||Japan||Android is around $14 and iOS is around $22|
|Appodeal||US||Average at: $6.27|
|Appodeal||Worldwide||Average at: $5.08|
Below we’ve listed the best rich media mobile networks and platforms so you can get up and running without hassle.
List of Rich Media Ad Networks
Zoomd is dedicated to helping advertisers and publishers achieve their key performance indicators (KPIs) through a patented, performance-based advertising platform. The Company’s User Acquisition platform unifies more than 600 media sources under one dashboard including Google, TikTok, Samsung premium inventory and much more.
- Business Models – Choose your preferred business model CPC/CPI/CPO/CPE/CPA
- Fraud – Detection as part of the platform, adding you an extra layer of safety
- Measurement – integrated to all major 3rd party mobile measurement solutions
- Cost-efficiency – Save countless resources by managing all campaigns under one screen
- Data Play – Enjoy machine decisions based on more than 500Million data points a day
Youmi is a mobile advertising and marketing platform, founded in China in 2010. It powers 10,000 advertisers ad campaigns with 600,000 publishers mobile inventory to reach out mobile audience in 200+ countries on 2.2 billion mobile devices.
- Mobile platforms: Android, IOS, Mobile Web
- Campaign types: CPA, CPC, CPM
- Ad formats supported: Banners, Rich Media, Text
- Targeting: Device, Local, OS, Time
- Key Markets: China
Xandr is online advertising platform from AT&T. Leveraging multi-generational legacy of AT&T, the company provides a premium platform for advertisers and publishers looking to reach specific audiences at scale in brand-safe environments all through a powerful, unified platform. What gives Xandr a competitive advantage is a combination of data insights, premium content, powerful technology, and scaled direct-to-consumer distribution.Learn more about Xandr
VEVE is a privacy-first, performance and brand marketing solution from Affinity Global Inc. that offers unique advertising experiences across OEMs, browsers, telcos and popular apps to over 500MN users.Learn more about VEVE
Stack is an end-to-end SaaS-based solution (by the team behind Appodeal’s award winning ad monetization platform) that scales mobile app business growth and drive profit by synthesizing User Acquisition, Ad Monetization and Business Intelligence.
Stack is an independent ad tech market player that strives to clear the way for publishers and advertisers to collaborate directly. In an industry known for being opaque, Stack aims to increase transparency and empower mobile app businesses with the technology and data they need to thrive in a highly competitive landscape.Learn more about Stack
Splicky is the new Demand Side Platform (DSP) for the mobile channel using proprietary Real-Time Advertising (RTA) technology. Their technology makes it simple to buy mobile ad impressions and clicks within mobile sites and apps – in real-time. Using just one platform, you have immediate access to all global mobile inventory which uses Real-Time Bidding (RTB) technology. Within a matter of minutes, your mobile ad campaigns can be displayed on a Cost Per Impression (CPM) and Cost Per Click (CPC) basis. Our platform allows you to target on individual Mobile Sites and Apps, giving you total control at campaign management-level. Our detailed analysis gives you full insights on campaign performance enabling you to maximize your ROI.
- Easy to use interface with a self-serve platform and real-time analytics
- Worldwide reach across a transparent publisher set
- Wide range of targeting options including Geo+hyper location and support for mobile retargeting
- Range of formats supported including banners, interstitials, rich media & video
SmartyAds DSP is a programmatic-buying platform for advertisers who search for safe, supreme-quality push traffic that converts in higher ROI, instant user engagement and retention.
Pricing & Features:
- Push traffic for all screen types & sizes that translates in 200-400% higher ROI & conversions.
- Easy to segment and personalize push creatives.
- The broadest network of premium push traffic publishers and SSP partners (MoPub, MobFox, PubNative) with tested and localized landings across all geos and verticals.
- In-app traffic from more than 1000 top-rated apps with push traffic for iOS & Android.
- 30+ targeting options for geomarketing push campaigns Including geo-targeting, GPS, language, etc.)
- Frequency capping, dayparting and sparring to fine-tune push advertising experience.
- Comprehensive, easy-to-grasp statistics with an in-deep performance overview.
- Third-party impression analytics tags support, API.
- Rapid and easy campaign set up and creative approval.
- Flexible CPM pricing model.
Smaato’s digital ad tech platform is a completely omnichannel, self-serve monetization solution and free ad server all in one. Smaato gives publishers unparalleled controls to make monetization simple. Publishers can bring their first-party data and manage all inventory in one place. Marketers get access to the highest-quality inventory so they can reach audiences around the world and on any device. Headquartered in San Francisco, Smaato is part of Verve Group, a Media and Games Invest (MGI) company, with additional offices in Hamburg, New York, Beijing, and Singapore.
- Mobile platforms: Android, IOS, Mobile, Windows Phone
- Campaign types: CPC
- Ad formats supported: Banners
- Targeting: country, publisher, app, ad format, device, connection type, GPS data, device ID
- Key Markets: Germany, global
|2014||51 - 100|
Made for growth, built for app marketers. At RevX, we help app businesses acquire and re-engage users via programmatic advertising to retain and accelerate revenue. We\'re all about taking your app business to the next growth level! We help you build sound mobile strategies, combining programmatic UA, app re-engagement, and performance branding to drive the results you need to scale your business: with real users, high retention, and incremental revenue.Learn more about RevX
PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being an SSP of choice for agencies and advertisers. With our leading programmatic mobile advertising platform, publishers and app developers can leverage the open exchange as well as advanced deal models to maximize their monetization and gain access to brand budgets.
- Mobile platforms: Android, IOS
- Campaign types: CPA, CPC, CPI, CPL, CPM
- Ad formats supported: Banners, In-App, Interstitial, Native, Rewarded Video, Rich Media, Video
- Targeting: Publisher, Geo, Audience Segment, Ad Format, Platform, Domain / App, Viewability
- Key markets: Global
Persona.ly is a mobile-first DSP operating worldwide. Using our proprietary bidder and machine-learning algorithms, we offer transparent, performance-driven, highly-targeted UA and retargeting solutions at scale with access to over 1.5 Million ad auctions per second. We are trusted by Ubisoft, Waitr, Tilting Point, Ilyon, Papaya Gaming, CoinSwitch, Animoca Brands, Kefir!, CoinDCX and many others.
Persona.ly strives to be more than just a vendor for its partners, but a partner that helps generate actual value, growth, and broad marketing insights that can be used across channels.Learn more about Persona.ly
MoPub offers a three piece platform for mobile publishers, founded by app developers who appreciate the use of an open source SDK. The platform enables publishers/developers to choose between monetising between direct ads, ad networks or its real time bidding system. This provides unmatched transparency and enables full maximisation of advertising potential without sacrificing the user experience.
MoPub also offers substantial analytics and control and provides real time controls to monitor campaigns and maximise their revenue. The platform can also be used to run cross promotions on apps to share impressions, clicks and installs to drive traffic from one app to the other. It works on all HTML browsers and supports any size of ad on screens, phones or tablets.
- Open source SDKs for Android and iOS
- Variety of major ad formats supported, including static images, full HTML5, video, Rich Media and ORMMA Rich Media
- Full tracking provided to monitor impressions, clicks, revenuws and active users
- Optimizes ad networks to maximize clicks and revenue from campaigns
The largest independent sell-side advertising platform, built from Rubicon Project & Telaria(0) REVIEWS
Magnite is the world’s largest independent sell-side advertising platform that combines Rubicon Project’s programmatic expertise with Telaria’s leadership in CTV. It offers a global exchange system for advertising, it connects ad sellers and ad buyers worldwide. Magnite’s ad server helps sellers (publishers) to get connected with premium buyers, showcase their inventory in a dedicated storefront, respond to a buyer’s RFPs and more, sellers (advertisers) can reach desired audience from a broad spectrum and from all over the world.
- Key features: 60,000+ app publishers, 1 million+ websites, 900,000 advertisers bid for publishers inventory
- Ad formats: Native, Pre-roll & Mid-roll & Post-roll video, Vertical Video, Reward Video, Outstream
- Platforms support: Android, IOS