Rich Media is a broad digital advertising term that encapsulates digital ads that have multiple features such as video, audio, and animation. Rich media ads achieve a higher level of engagement compared with regular banners or text ads simply because there’s more to work with while advertising.
Typically a rich media ad creative is more than 200K in size, may use multiple files to function, and can expand to a larger scale upon being clicked.
Rich media mobile example
Source: Mobile Ads
Rich Media Benefits
Rich media is a powerful way of reaching an audience, and they’re effective because they offer a variety of advertising options. Rich media ads, for example, can include videos whereas basic text-based ads can’t. Missing out on such a powerful tool would be unwise as online video consumption continues to explode.
There’s more space to display your advertising with rich media ads, and there are few limits as to what you can include. Aspects like call to actions, display photos and audio can be combined with video to make an advertising campaign stand out. Rich media ads offer extensive tracking these days as well, so you can see how a campaign has performed from multiple viewpoints.
Advertisers can cater to different types of age groups with rich media advertising, and there’s a good chance they’ll make a lasting impression. These ads often have high CTRs and are very effective at raising brand awareness if used correctly.
That said, there are a few cons to rich media ads as well:
- This type of advertising can be blocked relatively easily if a user finds them annoying.
- A considerable amount of effort is required to create the ads.
- These ads are often larger in file size and can take some time to download, meaning you are dependent on a user having a reliable internet connection.
Rich media mobile example 2
Source: Mobile Marketing Magazine
Rich Media eCPMs
Here are some of the biggest Rich Media ads offers along with their platform, rates and country.
|Admob||UK||Around $10 for Android and $17 for iOS|
|Admob||US||Around $11 and iOS is around $16|
|Admob||Japan||Android is around $14 and iOS is around $22|
|Appodeal||US||Average at: $6.27|
|Appodeal||Worldwide||Average at: $5.08|
Below we’ve listed the best rich media mobile networks and platforms so you can get up and running without hassle.
List of Rich Media Ad Networks
|2014||51 - 100|
Made for growth, built for app marketers. At RevX, we help app businesses acquire and re-engage users via programmatic advertising to retain and accelerate revenue. We\'re all about taking your app business to the next growth level! We help you build sound mobile strategies, combining programmatic UA, app re-engagement, and performance branding to drive the results you need to scale your business: with real users, high retention, and incremental revenue.Learn more about RevX
VEVE is a privacy-first, performance and brand marketing solution from Affinity Global Inc. that offers unique advertising experiences across OEMs, browsers, telcos and popular apps to over 500MN users.Learn more about VEVE
Kevel (previously Adzerk) is helping brands everywhere drive more online revenue through sponsored listings, internal promotions, native ads, and more. They do this by providing engineers and product managers the APIs needed to quickly build fully-customized ad servers. Their award-winning platform handles over three billion API requests each day, and it’s helped industry leaders like Yelp and Ticketmaster shorten their build times by more than 90%.
Learn more about Kevel
The largest independent sell-side advertising platform, built from Rubicon Project & Telaria(0) REVIEWS
Magnite is the world’s largest independent sell-side advertising platform that combines Rubicon Project’s programmatic expertise with Telaria’s leadership in CTV. It offers a global exchange system for advertising, it connects ad sellers and ad buyers worldwide. Magnite’s ad server helps sellers (publishers) to get connected with premium buyers, showcase their inventory in a dedicated storefront, respond to a buyer’s RFPs and more, sellers (advertisers) can reach desired audience from a broad spectrum and from all over the world.
- Key features: 60,000+ app publishers, 1 million+ websites, 900,000 advertisers bid for publishers inventory
- Ad formats: Native, Pre-roll & Mid-roll & Post-roll video, Vertical Video, Reward Video, Outstream
- Platforms support: Android, IOS
Jampp unlocks programmatic advertising to drive incremental performance. A demand-side platform (DSP) at heart, Jampp leverages unique contextual and behavioral signals to deliver customers and in-app purchases through programmatic user acquisition and retargeting. We simplify programmatic growth for some of the biggest names in mobile.
- Services: User Acquisition, App retargeting, Lift measurement, Geolocated ads, Dynamic Creative Optimization (DCO), Dynamic Product Ads, Predictive Bidding
- Tagline: Unlock new growth
Learn more about Jampp
Xandr is online advertising platform from AT&T. Leveraging multi-generational legacy of AT&T, the company provides a premium platform for advertisers and publishers looking to reach specific audiences at scale in brand-safe environments all through a powerful, unified platform. What gives Xandr a competitive advantage is a combination of data insights, premium content, powerful technology, and scaled direct-to-consumer distribution.Learn more about Xandr
Amobee is a premium mobile ad network and technology company, offering a wide range of advertising/monetization solutions for advertisers, developers/publishers and organizations. Its DSP supplies advertisers with a single dashboard to plan, execute and analyze audience-first ad campaigns. It allows to reach audiences across video, mobile, display, social and TV ad channels.
- Highlights: seamless omnichannel ad campaigns, precise targeting, built-in reporting and analysis.
- AppsFlyer Performance Index: n/a
- Tagline:Advertising solutions for the converging world
Zoomd is dedicated to helping advertisers and publishers achieve their key performance indicators (KPIs) through a patented, performance-based advertising platform. The Company’s User Acquisition platform unifies more than 600 media sources under one dashboard including Google, TikTok, Samsung premium inventory and much more.
- Business Models – Choose your preferred business model CPC/CPI/CPO/CPE/CPA
- Fraud – Detection as part of the platform, adding you an extra layer of safety
- Measurement – integrated to all major 3rd party mobile measurement solutions
- Cost-efficiency – Save countless resources by managing all campaigns under one screen
- Data Play – Enjoy machine decisions based on more than 500Million data points a day
Stack is an end-to-end SaaS-based solution (by the team behind Appodeal’s award winning ad monetization platform) that scales mobile app business growth and drive profit by synthesizing User Acquisition, Ad Monetization and Business Intelligence.
Stack is an independent ad tech market player that strives to clear the way for publishers and advertisers to collaborate directly. In an industry known for being opaque, Stack aims to increase transparency and empower mobile app businesses with the technology and data they need to thrive in a highly competitive landscape.Learn more about Stack
PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being an SSP of choice for agencies and advertisers. With our leading programmatic mobile advertising platform, publishers and app developers can leverage the open exchange as well as advanced deal models to maximize their monetization and gain access to brand budgets.
- Mobile platforms: Android, IOS
- Campaign types: CPA, CPC, CPI, CPL, CPM
- Ad formats supported: Banners, In-App, Interstitial, Native, Rewarded Video, Rich Media, Video
- Targeting: Publisher, Geo, Audience Segment, Ad Format, Platform, Domain / App, Viewability
- Key markets: Global
Infillion translates location data into intent, conversion, and insight for marketers trying to reach consumers and businesses wanting to improve their customers’ lives. Using its own hardware and software, Infillion enables brands and media agencies to maximize campaign efficiency and humanize messaging for consumers.
Highlights include the following:
- Location-based marketing
- Identity-based platform
- Footfall attribution
- Foot Traffic Analytics
- Custom Audiences
SmartyAds DSP is a programmatic-buying platform for advertisers who search for safe, supreme-quality push traffic that converts in higher ROI, instant user engagement and retention.
Pricing & Features:
- Push traffic for all screen types & sizes that translates in 200-400% higher ROI & conversions.
- Easy to segment and personalize push creatives.
- The broadest network of premium push traffic publishers and SSP partners (MoPub, MobFox, PubNative) with tested and localized landings across all geos and verticals.
- In-app traffic from more than 1000 top-rated apps with push traffic for iOS & Android.
- 30+ targeting options for geomarketing push campaigns Including geo-targeting, GPS, language, etc.)
- Frequency capping, dayparting and sparring to fine-tune push advertising experience.
- Comprehensive, easy-to-grasp statistics with an in-deep performance overview.
- Third-party impression analytics tags support, API.
- Rapid and easy campaign set up and creative approval.
- Flexible CPM pricing model.
Entravision is the leading Performance One-Stop-Shop Digital Marketing Company10
Entravision is the leading Performance One-Stop-Shop Digital Marketing Company. We set the beat of digital advertisement.
Get the scale and global footprint you are looking for. Our team is here to boost your campaigns and help you reach the consumers most likely to engage with your brand.
- Performance and strategy focus toward UA in mobile devices.
- Proprietary tech
- API Integrations
- Partnerships with industry key players
- Renowned Growth Squad