Last year the online economy past that stage when analysts and tech media had been talking about businesses transitioning from a desktop to mobile or even them adopting a mobile-first approach, it became mobile from a get-go. By default. In the heart of this mobile revolution is a mobile app. Today over a third of the world’s population (2.3 billion people) owns and uses a smartphone, according to Statista and on average these people use 40 apps a month. The scope of the mobile app market, as of Q3 2018, is the following – iOS device users have 2 million mobile apps to choose from and the Google’s Android App Store boasts 2.1 million apps.
According to the last year report by app market data and analytics firm App Annie, in 2017 year-over-year time spent in apps was up 30 percent. Total time spent in mobile apps worldwide reached more than 43 days a year. According to eMarketer, in 2018 US consumers spent 2 hrs and 35 minutes a day online on their smartphones in mobile apps and only 26 minutes in a mobile web browser.
So having this picture of a highly competitive mobile app market in mind, imagine what it takes for an app developer to compete. One way of meeting this immense app marketing challenge is to hire a mobile app marketing agency that provides apps promotion services.
Now the question is – what will an app marketing agency do for your app?
Some people question if it’s worth getting a specialist agency or whether you can work in-house and cut your budget on mobile apps marketing. Here is a brief sketch of what you should expect from working with a mobile app marketing agency.
A marketing plan, that an app marketing agency team will devise for your app, will consist of – an app’s marketing potential analysis, the right app marketing channels to use, possible adjustments for your app’s marketing copy and creatives to produce. The app marketing best practices also demand an agency to carefully measure KPIs (stands for Key Performance Indicators) of such app marketing campaign. There is one set of apps promotion techniques that stands out the rest – Growth Hacking. Essentially it’s about finding the ways for a particular mobile app to grow its number of users and revenue via applying non-standard app marketing techniques, preferably with low budget.
Next up question is – what types of app marketing agencies are out there?
There is a range of types of mobile app marketing companies that can help you with your marketing campaign:
- A specialist mobile agency can serve your app’s marketing needs via some particular marketing channel, for instance, Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads, Instagram Ads, App Store Optimization, PR and so on.
- A general agency, with a mobile app marketing agency within it, which initially started as a digital one and later added mobile experience, when a smartphone took off as a new marketing channel.
- A mobile advertising agency is focusing on mobile media buying. Media buyers negotiate and purchase audience targeted time and advertising space to convey a marketing message.
- Some app marketing agencies focus purely on App Store Optimization and capable to drive mobile app user acquisition via the Apple’s App Store, Google Play or both.
- Others focus on mobile campaign strategy, analytics of a mobile app user in-app behavior, traffic attribution and more.
Having the above described picture of the mobile app marketing industry, we’ve decided to get together the facts and created a guide that covers the best mobile marketing companies 2019 to consider. Our list includes big international agencies with broad creative marketing capabilities to boutique marketing companies focussing solely on mobile apps. Each of the 28 companies listed has something different to offer and you can find more mobile app marketing agencies in our app marketing directory.
Even Google chose Moburst as its mobile growth agency
Moburst knows what works for each app category, and how to deliver the ultimate mobile performance for hundreds of companies from startups to global brands.Find out more >
Note: the companies on the list we’ve complied below are not in any priority order.
Our List of Mobile App Marketing Agencies:
- Lab Cave
- App Growth Network
- M&C Saatchi Mobile
- ARPU Brothers
- The SpecialistWorks
- The ASO Co
- App Masters.co
- Webpals Mobile
- Dot Com Infoway
- Yodel Mobile
- Consumer Acquisition
- Udonis Inc.
- Studio Mosaic
There are only 14 apps with +1,000,000,000 users. Moburst is the secret sauce of 42% of them! It is a global mobile marketing agency founded in 2013 by Gilad Bechar and Lior Eldan. Moburst is the mobile growth agency of the most promising mobile brands in the world including Google, Uber, Reddit, YouTube, Samsung, and many other amazing startups and brands. Its team of mobile growth experts have promoted 600+ apps to the Top 10 listings and helped many start-ups gain more organic users, boost ratings and improve their products. Its user acquisition is achieved through a selection of hyper-targeted, burst, and brand engagement campaigns combined with the right mixture of media channels for your goals and budget, including RTB/exchanges, social, ad-networks, premium publishers, video, retargeting and search.
- Services: Mobile Campaigns, Media Management and Optimization, Mobile Strategy, App Store Optimization, A/B Testing, Product Consulting, Creative Production, Video Production, Social Management
- Offices: New York, San Francisco and Tel-Aviv
- Tagline: Doing mobile right
Moburst website screenshot
Phiture is a Berlin-based mobile growth consultancy working with the teams behind leading apps. Using the company’s industry-acclaimed Mobile Growth Stack as a strategic framework, Phiture team offers 4 key services: App Store Optimization, Apple Search Ads, User Retention services and Growth Consulting. Phiture helps apps grow by developing, refining and applying systematic approaches to solve key growth challenges.
- Services: Mobile Growth, App Store Optimization, Apple Search Ads and User Retention
- Offices: Berlin, Germany.
- Tagline: “We help apps grow”
Gummicube revolutionized mobile marketing in 2010 as the first App Store Optimization company. Gummicube’s DATACUBE ™ software leverages proprietary ‘big data for mobile’ to understand search trends and the competitive landscape inside of the app stores. By using DATACUBE, mobile search data and user behavior is no longer a black box — resulting in greater visibility, more high-quality organic downloads and a lower overall cost of user acquisition.
- Services: App Store Optimization, Mobile App Marketing, Review & User Sentiment Management, Social Influencer Program,
- Offices: San Jose, US
- Tagline: We’re dedicated to helping your mobile app find its audience.
Gummicube website screenshot
Fanbytes helps brands, including mobile app developers, engage with 13 – 25 year olds on Snapchat in the most engaging and authentic ways on the planet.
- Services: Social Media app install campaigns, app marketing strategy consulting
- Offices: London, UK
- Tagline: Engage millennials in the most creative ways on social media.
FanBytes website screenshot
PreApps is a mobile app marketing platform that hosts millions of mobile apps before they are launched on mobile app stores. PreApps app directory hosts apps from different categories, in addition to that it has Top Apps, New PreApps and Featured Apps special categories to feature new additions to the platform. On top of that it offers a number of app marketing services.
- Services: Pre-Launch Beta Testing, App Review Submission, Publicity, Video Demo Creation And Distribution, ASO
- Offices: Boston, US
- Tagline: We help grow apps to millions of downloads and sales
PreApps website screenshot
Lab Cave has achieved more than 200 million organic downloads with its own titles and provides ASO and Ad Mediation services for mobile Apps and games. Part of Fibonad Grоup, the largest Spanish digital advertising group offering Branding, Performance and Publishing services.
- Services: ASO, App Monetization, User Acquisition, App Distribution, App Analytics.
- Offices: Madrid, Spain
- Tagline: ASO & Ad Mediation for Apps And Games
App Growth Network is a global app marketing agency with three major area of focus – App Product Marketing, App Growth Marketing (UA) and Analytics.
- Services: Market Research, Competition Research, Localization, ASO, UA Strategy, Ad Network selection, Attribution Analytics, Growth Analytics, Retention Analytics and more.
- Offices: Vancouver, Canada
- Tagline: Acquire More Customers
Bango – a custom data platform that helps app marketers to acquire 2x more in-app purchase (IAP) users through Bango Marketplace. Bango analyzes detailed payment information from its global payment partners to gain insights into the buying behavior of hundreds of millions of users. Bango Marketplace creates high life-time value (LTV) audiences by applying these insights. App developers use these audiences in Facebook ad campaigns to boost user acquisition.
- Services: Bango Marketplace, Bango Resale, Audiences
- Offices: San Jose, USA
- Tagline: Target users proven to pay in-app
Fourez is an end-to-end digital marketing and mobile apps development company with profound expertise in developing mobile application and crafting winning social media marketing campaigns. The team has in-depth experience in the fields of mobile application development and helped many individuals and organizations to develop mobile apps in platforms like iOS and Android.
- Services: Digital Marketing, Mobile App Development & Promotion, Web Design & Development,
- Offices: Tamil Nadu, India, Bangalore, India
- Tagline: Grow the App users organically
M&C Saatchi Performance is a leading mobile marketing agency with offices in London, San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Sydney and Singapore. Founded in 2006, by current Global CEO James Hilton, M&C Saatchi’s focus has always been on mobile with a portfolio of services that include media planning and buying, strategy, research and analytics, and creative.
In 2015, M&C Saatchi added to its raft of accolades by scooping the title of Mobile Agency of the Year and Mobile Marketing Campaign Strategy of the Year at the Drum Awards.
- Services: Display, Programmatic, Paid Social, Paid Search, Affiliates, Remarketing, ASO, Influencer, Research & Insight
- Offices: London, New York, Singapore, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle, New Delhi, Sydney, Bangalore, Jakarta, Mumbai, Kuala Lumpur.
- Tagline: “Pioneers in Digital Since 2006”
M&C Saatchi website screenshot
Bamboo is a mobile advertising agency, founded in San Francisco, US in 2014. It specializes on mobile campaign management, mobile growth strategy, creative strategy and production, advertising iteration service. The agency ran paid ad campaigns on top social media networks to acquire mobile app users for leading brands like Dropbox, Hotel Tonight, Peloton, Microsoft and others.
- Services: Media Strategy, Campaign Management, Creative Services For Paid Social, Paid Search and Mobile Ad Channels.
- Offices: San Francisco, US
- Tagline: “Meet the extension of your in-house growth team”
AppAgent is a mobile app marketing agency, founded in 2015 in Prague, Czech Republic. It’s been driven by a team of experts in various mobile product and app marketing fields. The AppAgent served a number of mobile app studios and app startups, among its clients are Kiwi.com, Joom, Viber, Innogames, Small Giant Games or Starbreeze. AppAgent was awarded as App Marketing Agency of the Year by App Growth Awards in 2018.
- Services: Mobile Marketing, App Store Optimization, User Acquisition, Soft launch, Global Launch, User Segmentation, Analytics, Creative Services, Data Architecture, Data Analytics, and Ads production
- Offices: Prague, Czech Republic.
- Tagline: Integrated Mobile App Marketing
ARPU Brothers is a mobile app marketing agency that offers developers a broad spectrum of marketing services. Its team has an expertise in running mobile app user acquisition campaigns with Google AdWords, Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads, AdColony and others users acquisitions platforms.
- Services: User Acquisition, App Store Optimizations, Data Analytics, Attribution Analytics, Mobile App Development, Soft Launch, Monetization, Competition Analysis, Training, Marketing Plan, Fraud Detection, App Search Ads,
- Offices: Wroclaw, Poland, Irvine, US
- Tagline: Mobile Game & App Marketing agency
Mobtimizers is a full service App Store Optimization agency, offering clients creative solutions for ASO, engagement, marketing, and strategy. Mobtimizers helps brands engage with people through technology. With a strong analytical background, they focus on research, experiments, and data, bringing insights that help businesses succeed in the mobile sphere. Mobtimizers present at App conferences worldwide.
- Services: App Store Optimization, App Store Video Trailers, Search Ads, Value Proposition Mapping, Strategy Consulting,
- Offices: New York City, US, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Tagline: a Strategic Mobile Consultant Agency
the specialistworks is an app marketing agency that provides a wide spectrum of mobile app marketing services, both online and offline. To compete in the highly competitive app marketing field, the company bets on using old-school marketing channels in conjecture with latest cutting-edge digital app marketing ones. The agency was recently awarded by The Drum.
- Services: TV Advertising, Audio Visual, Mobile Apps, Out of Home, Online Advertising, Print, Strategic Planning
- Offices: London, Bristol, Kent, UK, Dublin, Ireland, Beijing, China, Atlanta, New York, Los Angeles, US.
- Tagline: The Go-to Media Agency for Brands That Want to Grow Fast
The Specialist Works website screenshot
The ASO.co is a mobile app marketing agency with a focus on App Store Optimization. In addition to ASO, the agency has an expertise in mobile strategy consulting, the team takes on a challenge to set specific KPIs for an app and recommend technology partners to work with on those metrics. Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) is another service that The ASO.co provides mobile app developers to achieve higher conversion rates with less investments.
- Services: ASO, Apple Search Ads campaign management, Mobile Strategy
- Offices: London, UK
- Tagline: Redefining Mobile Optimisation
App Masters.co is a mobile app marketing agency run by Steve P. Young. Over the course of last several years, Steve has been a prominent figure in the app marketing field, among many hats he wears, he is the host of a popular AppMasters.co podcast. There is one service that the agency provides that stands above the rest – App Store Feature, in a nutshell it is a patent marketing technique to feature a mobile app to the Apple’s App Store editors team with high chances for the app to be featured that leads to high visibility.
- Services: ASO, App Store Feature, Press Outreach, Influencer Marketing, Top Charts, Soft Launch Strategy.
- Offices: Bay Area, US
- Tagline: App marketing agency specializing in growth hacking app downloads
Redbox Mobile is a mobile app marketing agency that specializes in search-related app marketing channels. The agency ‘s team consists of experts in App Store Optimization, running ad campaigns on Apple’s App Store Search Ads platform and Google Play search ads.
- Services: ASO, App Store Search Ads, Google Play PPC
- Offices: London, UK
- Tagline: a multi award-winning App Store Optimisation and Search Ads agency
Customlytics is an app marketing, analytics and technology consulting agency. Established in Berlin by seasoned app marketers Christian Eckhardt and Raul Truckenbrodt in 2016.
- Services: Strategy, App Store Optimization, App Tracking, Mobile CRM, Deeplinking, App Analytics, Product Management, UX & UI Design and Workshops.
- Offices: Berlin, Germany
- Tagline: App Marketing, Analytics & Technology Consulting
Customlytics website screenshot
ConsultMyApp is a London based mobile marketing consultancy agency that provides brands and app developers with App Store Optimization, Customer Relationship Management and User Acquisition services. Since 2016 its team worked with such brands as The Telegraph, BBC, SEGA and more. The agency small independent team pays equal attention to both mobile app user acquisition and their retention and monetization.
- Services: User Acquisition, App Store Optimization, Mobile Messaging.
- Offices: London, UK
- Tagline: Mobile Marketing Consultancy
ConsultMyApp.com website screenshot
Webpals Mobile is a performance-driven marketing agency with a focus on mobile app user acquisition and monetization. As an official Facebook, Instagram & Google Marketing Partners, we help companies to launch, scale and grow their mobile apps globally.
- Services: Facebook & Instagram Ads, Google UAC, Media Buying, App Marketing Strategy and App Marketing Creatives Development.
- Offices: Tel Aviv, Israel; San Francisco, US; Seoul, South Korea
- Tagline: Driving High-Value Costumers to Mobile Apps.
Webpals Mobile website screenshot
Dot Com Infoway offers a wide spectrum of app services that include App Marketing, App Consultation, IoT App Development, Managed Server Solutions, mobile app development services that cover both iOS and Android.
- Services: Consultation, PreLaunch App Marketing, Public Relations, Social Media, User Engagement, User Monetization, User Acquisition, App Store Optimization.
- Offices: Madurai, India, NY, United States
- Tagline: Mobile Solutions + Apps Marketing
Dot Com Infoway website screenshot
Fetch is an award-winning global mobile marketing agency founded in 2009 by James Connelly and Declan Reddington. In 2014, Fetch joined the digital giant Dentsu Aegis Network; a group which specializes in media, digital and creative communication services. Fetch’s holistic approach to mobile marketing includes banner and rich media advertising, cross-channel campaigns, and app store optimization to help your app stand out amongst the competition.
This mobile-first agency focusses on three key industry areas: retail, gaming, and travel and Fetch’s work for Expedia and Ebay has received recent accolades. In 2014, Fetch was the fastest-growing mobile marketing agency in the Europe and also listed in The Sunday Times Tech Track 100 as ‘One to Watch’.
- Services: App Marketing Strategy, Media Buying, App Marketing Creatives Development, App Marketing Analytics
- Offices: London, New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Manchester
- Tagline: We Are Mobile First.
Miratrix is an app marketing agency with a core competence in App Store Optimization and mobile app advertising on social media and Google. It was founded in 2012 in Glasgow, UK by online marketing veteran Nicholas Duddy.
- Services: ASO, Facebook Ad Agency, Google Play Ads, Advertising on Instagram.
- Offices: London, UK
- Tagline: Organic App Marketing & App Store Optimization
Growfirst.de is a Germany-based app marketing agency that provides a number of app marketing services that are grouped into two major categories – visibility and conversion.
- Services: App Store Optimization, Search Ads & UAC, Facebook Marketing
- Offices: München, Germany
- Tagline: Data-Driven App Marketing Agency
PickASO is a Spanish-based app marketing agency. It provides a comprehensive app marketing solutions that cover all stage of an app marketing cycle – acquisition, retention, monetization and loyalty.
- Services: ASO, Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, Mobile Strategy consulting
- Offices: Barcelona, Spain
- Tagline: Growth Strategy Specialists for Mobile Apps
Moberest is a Spanish-based app marketing agency with a set of mobile app marketing services that are focused around a single aim – to help developer’s app to achieve visibility on app stores. The agency team champions a proactive marketing approach, that implies its involvement into an app development cycle from early stages to be able to build its marketing strategy effectively.
- Services: ASO, App User Acquisition, App Inbound Marketing, App Attribution & Analytics
- Offices: Barcelona, Spain
- Tagline: Position your app on the top of App Stores
Appsposure is an app marketing agency that provides mobile app marketing shopping experience to developers. Essentially it offers 7 marketing packages that bundle various services to meet specific needs and budget limitation.
- Services: Google Play ASO, App Icon Design, App Description Writing, App Screenshot Design, iOS App Store ASO, App Landing Page Design.
- Offices: Toronto, Canada
- Tagline: App Marketing Made Easy
yellowHEAD is an Israel-based digital marketing agency with an expertise in mobile app marketing, web and social marketing, that is based on a combination of using a proprietary technology and having professional digital marketers in the team.
- Services: ASO, Mobile Acquisition
- Offices: Kibbutz Ga’ash, Israel
- Tagline: Transforming Performance Marketing with 360 solutions
Zorka.Mobi is a creative mobile performance agency established in 2014 and since then worked with such companies as Mamsy, BlaBlaCar, 2GIS, Smart Search, Wokka Lokka, Jili.ng, YouDo, AliExpress and more.
- Services: Influencer Marketing, Programmatic Ads, Media Buying.
- Offices: Minsk, Belarus, Dover, US.
- Tagline: We effectively promote mobile apps via CPI, CPA and RevShare models
Yodel Mobile, founded by current CEO Mick Rigby, is a full-service global mobile marketing agency. Their team of mobile and app experts have helped businesses achieve mobile marketing success since 2007.
They work with clients from single territory start-ups to established, multi-territory, international brands such as mytaxi, NBCUniversal, UKTV, Bauer Media, Fujifilm, The Economist, Teletext Holidays and Gymshark.
Yodel Mobile’s Fit to Market program, which is unique in the sector, offers a blend of optimizations that drive organic discoverability and improve retention of the most valuable users through activities across ASO, mCRM, Searchability, Analytics and more.
- Services: Fit to Market, App Business Support, Strategy, Acquisition, ASO
- Offices: London, UK.
- Tagline: Global and local marketing expertise for app driven businesses
Twigeo is an app marketing agency launched in 2014, with offices in Stockholm, Sweden and New York, US. The spectrum of the company services cover app marketing, analytics and design. Through the years it worked with such companies as Spotify, Strava, Peloton, Asana, Headspace, KPY.
- Services: App Audience Targeting, App Installs Tracking, Media Buying, ASO, App Analytics, App Design
- Offices: Stockholm, Sweden, NY, US.
- Tagline: “A Modern Digital Marketing Company”.
Twigeo website screenshot
PocketWhale is an app marketing agency with a focus on mobile games. Among the agencies clients are SpaceApe, MachineZone, Kabam, Wargaming.net and many other leading game development studios.
- Services: Display Ads, Video Ads, TV Commercials, Website Reskin, Influencer Marketing, Digital Advertising, TV Advertising, App Promotion Event Organizing
- Offices: Paris, France, San Francisco, US, Tokyo, Japan, Berlin, Germany
- Tagline: Video Game Marketing Agency.
Consumer Acquisition is an app marketing agency that provides creative services to supply advertisers with graphic materials to run ad campaigns on multiple platforms, fully-managed user acquisition services and SaaS tools for social media advertisers.
- Services: Ad Creatives Development, Facebook & Google UAC campaigns management, self-service Facebook Ads solution, Advanced Reporting on ad campaigns.
- Offices: California, US
- Tagline: Social Ad Creative Studio & User Acquisition
Udonis Inc. is an award-winning mobile app marketing agency which specializes in user acquisition & monetization for mobile apps & games. Among the companies that worked with Udonis team is iFactor, Welsh, Schlankr, AdSwapper, Breeo.
- Services: User Acquisition for mobile games, UA for mobile apps, advanced ASO, Consulting
- Offices: Newark, US
- Tagline: Scaling apps & games from 0 to 10M users
Udonis, Inc. website screenshot
Studio Mosaic is a full-service app marketing and growth agency that since 2013 served more than 200 clients with over 400 mobile apps. The company was one of the finalists of the App Growth Awards 2018 and has been featured by a number of online directories as one of the leading app marketing agency.
- Services: ASO, PR, Localization, App Review Video, App Review Sites Submission, UA (PPC/PPI)
- Offices: New Delhi, India
- Tagline: Mobile App Marketing & Growth Agency
We hope this app marketing agencies guide will help you to choose the right marketing partner to make your app thrive. As you’re approaching any of these companies, you better ask them to get you in touch with some of their previous clients so you can get a first-hand feedback about their performance. On today’s app market, when mobile app users spend their mobile moments with a very few apps and hence the competition for their attention span is immense, any mobile app marketing agency, that claims its high efficiency, must have a technical solution to drive app user acquisition, please keep it mind as you’re choosing an agency to work with.