Mobile marketing activity is increasing because more people are spending more time on mobile devices. As a result, advertising spend has increased and will account for over 50% of total spend in 2022.
Also, around 90% of shoppers say that a positive experience on mobile will make them buy again. And this creates exciting opportunities for mobile marketing strategies to focus on.
So which mobile marketing companies are the best to help with creating the right strategy? Well, improving customer experience (CX) and generating revenue from mobile marketing is complicated. Customers are looking for exciting omnichannel experiences to stay engaged and technology is expanding the realms of what’s possible.
To offer more insights on this, we’ll discuss what mobile marketing is and review the different types. We’ll then offer a list of the best mobile marketing companies to consider aligning with to achieve your goals.
Top Mobile Marketing Companies
What Is Mobile Marketing and Why Is It Important?
Mobile marketing is a digital marketing strategy that targets customers on their smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices. It’s a multi-channel activity that reaches devices through many touchpoints such as SMS, email and QR codes. But it also includes some aspects of social media marketing and marketing for apps.
Desktop vs Mobile vs Tablet Market Share Worldwide
By offering a range of communication methods that enhance the customer journey and encourage retention, mobile marketing differs from mobile advertising. Unlike advertising, it’s driven by the customer experience and based on driving omnichannel experiences that meet customers where they are and in ways they want to be met.
So, to build success with mobile marketing, marketers need to develop integrated mobile marketing strategies. And they should consider strategies that target customers offline, online and beyond. With many disparate elements of mobile marketing, though, fragmentation is common. And this is where an omnichannel strategy can help to define the bigger picture and tie those strands together.
Also, omnichannel strategies drive huge gains. And brands that use more than three channels outperform single-channel campaigns by almost 500%.
Omnichannel Order Rates 2022
Customers expect brands to match the convenience they experience elsewhere, both offline and online. And often, this means offering seamless, personalized experiences wherever audiences go with their phones.
When brands start to leverage benefits from mobile data, like location tracking, they may find it easier to match those expectations and increase customer engagement.
Plus, when statistics show around 75% of adults own a smartphone worldwide, marketers have a considerable opportunity to drive UA using effective mobile marketing techniques.
What are the Different Types of Mobile Marketing?
Mobile marketing covers a far wider range of channels than simply mobile app marketing.
So, while aspects like App Store Optimisation are important for app marketing, in this guide we’ll stick to covering everything else that feeds into mobile marketing, beyond just apps.
Mobile-optimized Marketing: Landing pages, voice search, email
Optimizing content for mobile is essential. Whether it’s landing pages or emails, customers expect to have the same positive experiences on their devices as they do on desktop – if not better. Because, when they use their phone and come across a clunky or hard-to-navigate site, they’re likely to drift away and not come back if a page isn’t functional.
There are various approaches to take when optimizing a site:
- Responsive design: Responds to changes in screen size.
- Mobile-first design: Purpose-designed for mobile-first strategies.
- HTML5: Runs on many platforms and devices.
- Adaptive design: Adapts existing desktop websites to mobile devices.
In line with optimizing mobile and landing pages, marketers can also optimize for voice search. Particularly since more than a quarter of the global online population uses voice search, both for Google searches but also when scanning product catalogs on e-commerce sites.
Customers are leaning towards retailers who offer exciting and convenient AR experiences. Plus, over 90% of Snapchat users say they’re interested in using AR experiences for shopping on social media channels.
Customers Using or Interested in AR for shopping
Proximity Marketing: Also known as location or Bluetooth-based
Proximity marketing promotes unique customer experiences that are specific to their location. And it’s transforming in-person events such as concerts, festivals and pop-up sales.
Some ways proximity marketing works include:
- Geotargeting: Advertisers can send data that targets local devices at large events.
- Geofencing: Establishes a perimeter area to send out advertising to mobiles. Often better for smaller-scale events.
- Geoconquesting: Identifies which competitors are in the same area and attract customers away from them.
- Beaconing: Beaconing uses Bluetooth Low Energy technology as an effective way to encourage customers to use mobile tokens. It can’t send data like geotargeting but the advantage is less mobile power.
Featured Mobile Marketing Companies
Near Field Communication is a form of location marketing that uses a specific form of frictionless technology. For example, think of the explosion in contactless payments in-store and on transport.
So, with increased convenience when paying for in-store experiences or on transport NFC technology has arguably promoted more mobile-first strategies.
Mobile Wallet Marketing
Mobile wallet marketing focuses on encouraging loyalty and use. And since the value of digital transactions is expected to grow by over 10% in the next 5 years, marketers are using loyalty schemes, content promotions and personalised offers to encourage ongoing use.
Plus, with mobile payment adoption expected to reach close to 5 billion by 2025, it’s a growing trend that’s beginning to phase out other payment forms.
Mobile wallet marketing will also see potential overlap with location-based mobile marketing via NFC and beaconing such as proximity-based incentives that garner loyalty.
In a 2021 survey, almost half of US shoppers used a marketing-related QR code in the past three months. And they expected QR Codes to be a permanent part of their phone use in the future.
Plus, when huge numbers of shoppers are checking their phones for in-store product information, QR codes offer an effective way to create bridge a gap between offline experiences and in-app marketing.
SMS and MMS Marketing
SMS or text messages have very high open rates. And it’s the same for MMS, or multi-media messages, too. So why is that?
Because every network and device accepts SMS messages, they aren’t bounded by the same restrictions on other forms. And this means that the majority of people will be able to receive SMS, but also open it and read it.
Plus, there’s a huge appetite from consumers. More than 75% said they had a more positive view of a business when they received text communications from them.
Top Mobile Marketing Companies
- Moburst - Mobile Done Right
- Favoured - App Marketing Agency Cofounded by Former Apple Marketing Lead
- Creative Clicks - #1 Global Performance Agency
- data.ai (formerly App Annie) - Understand, benchmark, and optimize mobile and digital performance with data.ai.
- Performcb - #1 Performance Marketing Network Worldwide
- Zoomd - Zoomd. See the Big Picture, Down to the Finest Detail
- Yodel Mobile - The leading global app marketing consultancy
- PreApps - #1 App Marketing Agency
Good old email marketing continues to be an integral part of most marketing strategies.
And when around three-quarters of smartphone users check their emails using their device, optimising for email is key. What’s more, high open rates on email make it imperative to include e-mail marketing as part of every mobile marketing strategy.
Email Open Rates by Device
Types of Mobile Marketing Companies
A great mobile marketing strategy should include a variety of touchpoints along the user lifecycle.
And to aid in developing an effective campaign strategy, many app firms turn to mobile marketing companies for help.
Mobile Marketing Agencies
Agency partners can provide a range of end-to-end services. And they’ll usually take stock of an app’s market position and offer strategies for strategic creation or scale too:
- Content Strategy: Mobile drove almost 70% of website visits in 2020. So finding mobile marketing agencies to develop paid and organic mobile-first content marketing strategies may be worthwhile.
- Audience Segmentation: Agencies can target new users, define their location and determine psychographic signposts like values and behaviours.
- Location-based Offers: A 2020 Global Location Trends report by the LBMA showed over 40% of marketers said they found local SEO beneficial for audience targeting.
- Multi-channel Marketing: Agencies can offer resources and expertise to enhance the end-to-end infrastructure for multi-channel and omnichannel marketing.
- Loyalty Schemes: Mobile marketing agencies can devise appropriate loyalty programmes such as free shipping, early sales access and points-based rewards.
Mobile Marketing Platforms
Leveraging digital marketing services can be simpler through mobile marketing platforms. Plus, most platforms will serve a variety of businesses, including SMBs and larger enterprises.
- Inbound and Outbound E-mail marketing: App owners can use mobile marketing platforms to increase their customer base through email automation and outreach.
- Real-time, API-based SMS campaigns: SMS open rates regularly reach over 90%. And mobile marketing platforms can help in achieving these by scheduling real-time updates and responses.
- Multi-channel content distribution: Acting like a CMS, several platforms enable automated content distribution and customised workflows.
- Predefined content and templates: Many platforms offer predefined templates or customisable content, but also enable content creation.
- Analytics Dashboards: The mobile analytics market is projected to grow to $6billion in the next 3 years. Most mobile marketing platforms will include analytics software to support this vital component.
What Are the Benefits of Working with Mobile Marketing Companies?
Running a successful mobile marketing campaign is no mean feat. And great campaigns rely on strong data, targeted promotions, and taking a holistic approach.
Plus, tapping every touchpoint in the user journey—from acquisition to monetization—requires complex and integrated systems that marketers can rely on.
So, here are some of the advantages of engaging with a mobile marketing company:
- Increased Customer Engagement: Taking a broader, omnichannel approach to mobile engagement is important when engaged customers can spend 300% more in a year.
- AI-powered Analytics: Many marketing platforms offer AI or predictive technology that helps with understanding how successful a campaign should be.
- Easier Testing: Handing over A/B testing to a marketing company may result in faster gains and better results.
- Higher Conversion Rates: Over 60% of marketers agree that personalization drives higher conversion rates. And mobile marketing companies can aid in providing more personalized mobile experiences.
- A Holistic Approach: Mobile Marketing agencies and platforms can help to see the bigger picture for growth.
Partner with Top Mobile Marketing Companies
So that’s our guide to Mobile Marketing – we hope you took away some valuable insights to support your next campaign.
And of course, you may already be focused on mobile app marketing. But since the focus is shifting to mobile marketing, it’s important to develop customer experiences that excite and engage app users in whichever worlds they use their mobile devices. To help you, take a look through our list of the best mobile marketing companies.
List of the Top Mobile Marketing Companies
Ad4Screen is a French performance-based mobile marketing company offering a range of solutions to optimise and improve all aspects of mobile marketing and advertising. Ad4Screen has developed two distinct pieces of mobile technology useful for mobile marketers, app developers and brands alike: Ad4Perfr – the first universal tracking software available in France, and Ad4Tag – a unique smart tag that can be inserted into newsletters to measure and analyse the proportion of mobile users. The company has also developed a mobile CRM solution – Ad4Push – for in-app messaging and push notifications, and a responsive email tracker – Ad4Mail – which can be used to optimise the way emails are read on smartphones.Learn more about Ad4Screen
Airshipis global mobile app marketing automation platform that helps brand owners to grow their business. Plus to the extensive suite of app marketing tools, it provides sophisticated mobile analytics system. It features user-level customer intelligence tool to reveal mobile app users cohorts that drive revenue, tools to predict and prevent mobile app churn, as well as to track mobile users behavioral patterns.
- Type: in-app analytics, Marketing analytics
- Pricing: available upon request
- Demo: available
- User guide: available
Learn more about Airship
Braavo offers a better model for mobile app and game companies to receive non-dilutive funding for growth—one that arms developers and founders with insights to scale sustainably and capital to turn their vision into reality.
- Tagline: Grow your app business with confidence
- Services: Mobile app funding, game funding, accelerator-funding, Braavo card, analytics
Understand, benchmark, and optimize mobile and digital performance with data.ai.
App Annie is now data.ai! But what (or who) is data.ai? Is it worth paying for the premium service? What kind of competitive edge does it provide over competitors? That’s what this guide is for. It’s divided into the following sections: Company overview Key facts Products Pricing Why data.Learn more about data.ai (formerly App Annie)
Get Your Mobile App or Game Discovered by Your Target Audience. 100% Guaranteed Downloads!
Dot Com Infowayoffers a wide spectrum of app services that include App Marketing, App Consultation, IoT App Development, Managed Server Solutions, mobile app development services that cover both iOS and Android.
- Services: Consultation, PreLaunch App Marketing, Public Relations, Social Media, User Engagement, User Monetization, User Acquisition, App Store Optimization.
- Offices: Madurai, India, NY, United States
- Tagline: Mobile Solutions + Apps Marketing
Learn more about Dot Com Infoway
Fourez is an end-to-end digital marketing and mobile apps development company with profound expertise in developing mobile application and crafting winning social media marketing campaigns. The team has in-depth experience in the fields of mobile application development and helped many individuals and organizations to develop mobile apps in platforms like iOS and Android.
- Services: Digital Marketing, Mobile App Development & Promotion, Web Design & Development,
- Offices: Tamil Nadu, India, Bangalore, India
- Tagline: Grow the App users organically
Learn more about Fourez
Leanplum is a mobile engagement platform that includes app analytics, mobile marketing automation tools, solutions for mobile user retention, personalization and more. Leanplum uses multiple channels to help marketers to reach their customers – Push Notifications, Email, In-app messaging and Web Push Notifications.
- Type: In-app analytics, App Marketing analytics
- Pricing: Customized Enterprise Plan pricing is available upon request
- Platforms supported: Android, iOS
- Demo: available
- User guide: available
Learn more about Leanplum