Amobee, the digital marketing tech company, has launched a new brand safety programme to ensure marketers that they are buying inventory from a safe and transparent ecosystem with effective reach.
The Amobee Inventory Accountability Program is based on an early detection system that features advanced tech and partnership integrations to prevent fraud before it can even reach the platform. This ensures that Amobee DSP clients have access to quality programmatic inventory.
In addition, the company is also blocking fraudulent mobile apps.
Katie Ford, Amobee’s Chief Client Officer, explains:
“Brand safety and ensuring fraud prevention are two of the biggest challenges facing marketers today. This long-term, advanced brand safety initiative ensures Amobee is able to align brand and agency clients with the highest quality inventory to support campaign objectives by delivering ads that are in view and seen by a real audience in a brand safe environment. Our industry-leading technology and partnership with DoubleVerify helps eliminate fraud before it reaches our platform and equips clients with pre-bid brand safety, contextual targeting and protection in the fight against fraud.”
Among the company’s exchange partners are OpenX, Telaria and Index Exchange, which have all agreed to extend their own anti-fraud programme and boost their fraud accountability by issuing refunds.
In a bold move, Amobee is also including refunds as part of the programme should fraud occur including invalid traffic, bot fraud and site fraud. Should a MRC-accredited vendor find that fraud did occur, Amobee will refund the client’s tech and media fees.
Further, the company has stepped up participation in the IAB Tech Labs ads.txt initiative to mitigate inventory fraud and let marketers focus on campaigns. As part of the initiative, Amobee will clean up its supply chain and block any unauthorized and counterfeit inventory through non-certified sellers.
The company’s global fraud prevention offering now includes:
- Platform-wide fraud blocking in partnership with DoubleVerify to identify and eliminate any bid opportunities that are classified as bot, site or mobile app fraud before reaching the platform
- Patent-pending diagnostic toolbuilt by Amobee to identify and automatically block suspicious activity created by very short-lived bots
- Post-Bid Monitoring across 90+ metrics at both high and granular levels
- Inventory targeting tools that can be applied at the individual campaign level target curated supply, including the ability activate premium publisher deals and guaranteed buys
- Rigorous brand safety toolsprovide the ability to block fake, inflammatory, objectionable or off-brand content
- Anti-fraud certification programsincluding Trustworthy Accountability Group for both piracy and fraud
- Participation in industry initiatives including the IAB Tech Labs ads.txt program to identify and block unauthorized and counterfeit inventory made available through various sellers of supply