Xamarin is a cross-platform development tool that lets developers build native iOS and Android apps, as well as Windows and Mac apps, using a single shared C# codebase. The company also lets developers test apps on hundreds of devices via its Xamarin Cloud service, offers its own Xamarin Studio IDE, and runs live online classes with its Xamarin University program.
Xamarin boasts a number of big name brands among its clients, including Microsoft, Kellog’s, Bosch and Dow Jones. The company is based in San Francisco with offices in Europe, Asia and South America.
Nuvem and Xamarin
Xamarin Key Features
- Native user interfaces
- Native API access including platform-specific capabilities like iBeacon and Android Fragments.
- Xamarin.Forms interfaces that allows devs to share almost 100% of code across all mobile dev platforms
- Add components to apps directly from your IDE via Xamarin Component Store
- Integrate backends such as Microsoft Azure, Parse and SAP
- Xamarin HQ
1355 Market St, 3rd Floor
San Francisco CA 94103
- Xamarin Inc.
225 Main St
Cambridge MA 02138
- Xamarin Ltd.
60 Gray’s Inn Road
London WC1X 8AQ
- Xamarin Denmark APS
8200 Aarhus N
- Xamarin S.R.L.
Camila O’Gorman 412, Of. 503
- Xamarin Singapore Pte Ltd
A Marina Bay Financial Centre Tower 1, Level 11
8 Marina Boulevard
Nat Friedman – CEO and Co-Founder
Miguel de Icaza – CTO and Co-Founder
Joseph Hill – VP of Developer Relations and Co-founder
PhoneGap is probably the most well-known cross platform development brand within the development community. The now Adobe-owned tool is based on the open source Apache Cordova project and is completely free to use, which goes some way to explain its popularity. Adobe is also working on an enterprise version of PhoneGap, which is currently undergoing a beta trial – and you can sign-up for it here. The enterprise version boasts marketing features via Adobe’s Marketing Cloud, so when it launches it will probably be monetised.
Sencha offers a variety of tools for cross platform app development such as Sencha Architect, Sencha Animator, and more. It’s main product for enterprise users is Ext JS 5, which lets developers create HTML5 apps, which can then be converted into native apps with PhoneGap. Sencha’s HTML5-focused approach allow its apps to run across browsers as well as the latest touch-based devices and has attracted clients such as Google, CNN and Samsung. The platform is priced at $3,225 per year for up to five developers and then $12,495 per year for up to 20 developers.
Programming with Mosh – A fantastic Youtube video on Xamarin Forms which will lead you to a programming course dedicated to Xamarin.
C# Fundamentals for Absolute Beginners – If you haven’t coded for a minute throughout your life, this is still a great place to start. Absolute basics to advanced concepts of object-oriented programming.
Kudvenkat – Another great place for beginners, this Youtube series currently numbers 100 videos.
- Native Desktop & Mobile
- Machine learning & AI
- Game development
- Internet of Things
- Upgrade Assistant
|Platforms:||Android, Windows Phone|
|Groups:||App Development Software|
The #dotNETConf 2022 event kicks off now ‼️ Join @GauravSeth, @CoolCSH, @captainsafia, Julia Kasper, @DavidFowl t… https://t.co/iCRZumotXl(about 203 days ago)
.NET MAUI Community Standup - Learn about GrialKit with the UXDivers team! https://t.co/NKRVlsRBog(about 236 days ago)
Let's Learn .NET - Blazor Hybrid https://t.co/NPw5tT7oqM(about 306 days ago)
.NET MAUI Community Standup - Check your Window's app's accessibility https://t.co/ZkAk65eQyP(about 327 days ago)
.NET MAUI Community Standup - .NET MAUI LAUNCH PARTY!!!! https://t.co/zahdZgRG2M(about 362 days ago)
- Xamarin.Forms and Essentials now target Android 13 (in Preview) New preview versions of Xamarin.Forms and Xamarin.Essentials have been released, these versions now target Android 13 by default. In this post you will read all the details.
- Tips & Tricks on Upgrading Xamarin.iOS & Xamarin.Android to .NET for iOS & Android ...
- Fall 2022 Updates for Xamarin, Hello iOS 16 and Android 13 iOS 16 is now available. Let's now look at what you need to do with your Xamarin projects before May 1, 2024.
- Migrating MR.Gestures from Xamarin.Forms to .NET MAUI In this guest blog post, Michael Rumpler shares how he ported his popular Xamarin.Forms library, MR.Gestures, to support .NET MAUI
- Tips for Moving Your Xamarin Library to .NET MAUI Join me as I share the tips that I learned porting my NuGet Package, Plugin.ValidationRules to support .NET MAUI
deep linking with Json
The Friendly App Localization Agency
Create apps for multiple platforms
One link, all platforms
Create your app for free. No coding required.
Implement and update any mobile SDK in minutes, for free.
Sorry, we don’t have these details yet. If you are a Xamarin representative, please get in touch to add additional information and contact options to your profile.