GameSalad is a free, drag and drop game creation engine for the development of iPhone, iPad, Android & HTML5 games. Using GameSalad developers can test games on Apple devices (no coding required) and publish games to the App Store. The engine is also powered by a complex behavior library to enable creative freedom for game designers. Plus to business objectives, GameSalad team has a noble goal to enable anyone to engage with STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) and learn Computer Science through video game creation.
One of GameSalad’s main features is it’s testing tool, the In-App Previewer, which can be used to test game logic and behavior sets. Its web publishing system allows for quick and easy cross-platform publishing to supported targets including iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle, Nook, Windows 8 and Mac desktop. Developers can also instantly publish games to the HTML5 powered GameSalad Arcade
- Create, test and publish iPhone, iPad, Android and HTML5 games
- In-App Previewer to test game logic and behavior sets
- Cross-platform publishing available for ebook readers, Windows 8 and Mac desktop
- Make your own game quickly and easily
- Supports Android, iOS, Windows and Amazon Marketplace
- Drag-and-drop coding platform
- GameSalad Pro allows you to add social features and monetization options
- Access to a variety of leading ad network partners including Chartboost, Playhaven, Revmob and iAd
- Technical support is on hand
- Amazon’s GameCircle is supported
- Display ads where you want
- The free-to-play model is available to app developers that want to use it
- Tutorials that teach you how to get up and running
You can try GameSalad for free on a trial period. For long-term use, you can pick either GameSalad Basic or GameSalad Pro. Cracks are also available. The paid plans include:
- Discounts for students, educators and US Military
- GameSalad Basic pricing plan
- GameSalad Pro the premium plan for publishing your games
GameSalad Case Studies
Here are some case studies about GameSalad:
David Conover, a game designer teacher at Connally High School in Pflugerville, Texas, talks about his experience with teaching game design using GameSalad. “GameSalad Creator is the fastest and easiest way for my students to design and create their own games in the classroom.” You can download the White Paper here.
Level Up your STEM Education Program
Chris Bruce, a physics teacher at James B. Conant High School in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, says that “students are much more motivated to figure out how to solve a difficult technical (math or logic) problem if it will lead to better creative expression,” and that “GameSalad is one of the best tools to utilize in the classroom.” You can download the Presentation here.
Game Salad Alternatives and Competitors
Other options for codeless game development include the following:
- Stencyl is a game creation platform enabling developers to design once and play anywhere across multiple platforms including iOS, Android, Flash, Windows, Mac and Linux without the need for code.
- Corona Labs is a development SDK which can be used to develop rich mobile apps for iOS, Android, Kindle and Nook from a single code base.
- Construct 2 by Scirra, Construct 2 is Scirra’s flagship product, it is the next generation of programming-free game creation.
8911 N Capital of Texas Hwy Ste 2210 Austin,
Brent Dusing – Chief Executive Officer of GameSalad
Brent is a technology business leader with a successful track record of pioneering and building leading companies in new markets. He has over a decade’s worth of experience as CEO taking companies from concept to product to business execution to scale to market leadership to liquidity.
GameSalad Jobs and Careers
GameSalad lists available jobs and positions here with openings in Texas across roles in Sales and Customer Services.
There are a wide range of places to get GameSalad tutorials:
- A beginners tutorial can be found here
- GameSalad’s own forum shares ideas and tips
- GameSalad’s YouTube channel features a number of tutorials
- Game Creation
- Mobile & Web Video Games
- No-code Visual Programming System
|Types:||Game Development, Game Engine|
|Groups:||App Builder, App Development Software|
Seeing that it was #NationalHandwritingDay yesterday reminded us of a presentation given by GameSalad community mem… https://t.co/37g1NJlVz2(about 7 days ago)
@HMinhH3 @LegendOfEros It’s also our way to showcase creations of the @GameSalad community. Come see the variety of… https://t.co/elbcNF1dq6(about 18 days ago)
A sneak peak at the first mini game we’re building with @LegendOfEros https://t.co/RUSSIvqEGc(about 24 days ago)
@CryptoTaxCat We are all about that LEGO analogy!(about 24 days ago)
@LegendOfEros It's our first step in helping build out tooling that will simplify building #Web3Games for everyone!(about 28 days ago)
- Activity Ideas: Game Jam / Hack-a-thon! Game Jams and Hack-a-thons are like National Novel Writing Month. But for games. And shorter. Game Jams and Hack-a-thons are events where participants gather with a goal of building complete products together. Game Jams focus on games. Hack-a-thons are more generally about creating an app. We’ll use the phrase Game Jam for both in the …
- 2022 Game Creation Challenge Results! The results are in and we have 3 winners for the 2022 GameSalad Creation Challenge! This year’s judging was tough with a number of close calls, but winners were needed and winners were selected! Games were judged on originality, design, and lack of bugs! There were High School and Middle School divisions as well as …
- A New Dimension of Play! At GameSalad we’re never gonna give up looking for the next big thing in gaming. With the increasing popularity of hyper casual gaming, we firmly believe that first person 1D is the next dimension in gaming! Your prototypical hyper-causal gamer are constantly looking for new addictive, easy-to-play experiences. With GameSalad First Person 1D technology, we …
- AI Valentine’s Day Poetry Happy Valentine’s Day! Looking for a last minute Valentine’s Gift? Is quality optional? Let an AI (OpenAI’s GPT-3) generate a valentine’s poem for you! How does it work? This GameSalad game makes a request to Glitch REST API. The REST API makes a call to OpenAI with a prompt in the form of: “A [type] …
- National Poetry Month: Virtual Poetry Magnets For National Poetry Month, GameSalad’s Tan Tran shows you how to build virtual poetry fridge magnets.
Making Mobile Apps Easy
a mobile source codes marketplace that grows with you!
Make Your Own Mobile App
Codeless App Linking and QR Codes
Low-code platform to build custom business apps
The Most Powerful App Maker For iOS & Android
Sorry, we don’t have these details yet. If you are a GameSalad representative, please get in touch to add additional information and contact options to your profile.