Rory Mudie, CEO , Redbox Mobile. With 4 years worth of Global ASO experience across the biggest brands in the world, Redbox Mobile PLC has become the award-winning global leader in multi-territory paid and organic ASO. Redbox has been retained as a full service, end-to-end, ASO agency by the likes of WSJ, Kodak, Sky, Tesco and working directly with Apple and Google, our approach delivers unparalleled ROI success for our clients.
Brands and developers can now buy keyword search inside Apple’s app store. In December, in the US, we bought lots of them, it’s very potent with an average Conversion Rate of 57%. It’s due to go Global this quarter, but there is work you need to do first.
Here are a few Do’s and Don’ts
- Pay attention to ASO, have a strategy, invest in it and… be patient.
- Dial down your targeting, the Audience is pre-sold.
- Understand the principles of a second price auction.
- You need to work at both Paid and Organic together.
- Compare your ROI to other paid media… you will be very surprised.
- Protect your Brand at all costs.
- Don’t pay too much attention to Vanity Keyword’s through ASO rankings…. There’s lots of them.
- Don’t assume your current organic user base is yours forever… 57% conversion rates means they will leave you.
- Don’t be a fast follower, budget is secondary, conversion history is primary… you will lose out.
- Don’t assume your SEO agency get it… it’s a totally different marketing practice.
- Don’t give up if you can’t get your spend away… this is here to stay, you need to crack it.
- Don’t assume people searching your brand will download your app… 57% conversion rate means you will only get 47% of them
Spend vs Downloads – Overall
In the new world of Search Ads your marketing push could be benefiting your competitors unless you act now.