iTunes is a media player, media library, Internet radio broadcaster, and mobile device management application developed by Apple Inc. It was announced on January 9, 2001. It is used to play, download, and organize digital multimedia files, including music and video, on personal computers running the macOS and Windows operating systems. Content must be purchased through the iTunes Store, whereas iTunes is the software letting users manage their purchases.
The original and main focus of iTunes is music, with a library offering organization, collection, and storage of users’ music collections. It can be used to rip songs from CDs, as well as play content with the use of dynamic, smart playlists. Options for sound optimizations exist, as well as ways to wirelessly share the iTunes library. In 2005, Apple expanded on the core features with video support, later also adding podcasts, e-books, and a section for managing mobile apps for Apple’s iOS operating system, the last of which it discontinued in 2017.
The original iPhone smartphone required iTunes for activation and, until the release of iOS 5 in 2011, iTunes was required for installing software updates for the company’s iOS devices. Newer iOS devices rely less on the iTunes software, though it can still be used for backup and restoration of phone contents, as well as for the transfer of files between a computer and individual iOS applications. iTunes has received significant criticism for a bloated user experience, with Apple adopting an all-encompassing feature-set in iTunes rather than sticking to its original music-based purpose.
- Join Adsider LIVE on May 21 to find out the latest insights into mobile marketing Posted on May 20, 2020 by Artyom Dogtiev
- iPad app downloads increase 40% due to pandemic lockdowns Posted on May 11, 2020 by Anne Freer Apple iPad downloads during Q1 2020 rose 40% year-on-year driven by higher demand during the pandemic....
- Bytedance launches video editing app Viamaker internationally Posted on May 04, 2020 by Anne Freer ...is popular in China where it previously featured among the top 10 most-downloaded free apps on the Apple App Store.
- App Coalition launched to support app developers during COVID-19 pandemic Posted on May 01, 2020 by Anne Freer This is similar to the App Association, a group of developers sponsored by Apple.
- Apple and Google work on contact tracing app system Posted on April 28, 2020 by Anne Freer Apple and Google have joined forces to launched a system that could help track the spreading of the coronavirus. The....
- Introducing the world’s first FREE fraud protection for Google Ads Posted on April 28, 2020 by Artyom Dogtiev
- Apple expands Music, Store, and Podcasts internationally Posted on April 23, 2020 by Anne Freer Apple has announced that it will roll out its Apple Store, Podcasts, Music and iCloud services across....
- How to choose the best mobile attribution partner for your app Posted on May 26, 2020
- The Ad game-changer: Programmatic meets In-game video ads Posted on May 20, 2020
- The untapped channel in app distribution: back to basics, with a twist Posted on May 20, 2020 2 million on Apple’s App Store.
- The blurry lines between supply and demand sources Posted on May 07, 2020
- Full cycle of App Store Optimization Posted on May 06, 2020
- Top Mobile App Conferences and Events To Go To in (2019) Posted on January 31, 2018 by Alberto Furlan Choose from two tracks (iOS and Android) to learn about the latest advancements in Apple and Google technologies.
LG Smart World
Official LG App Store
Proud Swede powering Entertainment on Mobiles across the World Built in Sweden. For the World.
Your Android App Store
Explore your Galaxy
Android app promotion & marketing
App stores self-publishing service for Android developers
Be the first to leave a review.
Sorry, we don’t have these details yet. If you are a Apple representative, please get in touch to add additional information and contact options to your profile.