iTunes is a media player, media library, Internet radio broadcaster, and mobile device management application developed by Apple Inc. It was announced on January 9, 2001. It is used to play, download, and organize digital multimedia files, including music and video, on personal computers running the macOS and Windows operating systems. Content must be purchased through the iTunes Store, whereas iTunes is the software letting users manage their purchases.
The original and main focus of iTunes is music, with a library offering organization, collection, and storage of users’ music collections. It can be used to rip songs from CDs, as well as play content with the use of dynamic, smart playlists. Options for sound optimizations exist, as well as ways to wirelessly share the iTunes library. In 2005, Apple expanded on the core features with video support, later also adding podcasts, e-books, and a section for managing mobile apps for Apple’s iOS operating system, the last of which it discontinued in 2017.
The original iPhone smartphone required iTunes for activation and, until the release of iOS 5 in 2011, iTunes was required for installing software updates for the company’s iOS devices. Newer iOS devices rely less on the iTunes software, though it can still be used for backup and restoration of phone contents, as well as for the transfer of files between a computer and individual iOS applications. iTunes has received significant criticism for a bloated user experience, with Apple adopting an all-encompassing feature-set in iTunes rather than sticking to its original music-based purpose.
- Curtsy clothing resale app raises $11 million in Series A Posted on January 22, 2021 by Anne Freer
- Changes to Apple IDFA and IP-based games shaping mobile app market 2021 Posted on January 19, 2021 by Anne Freer Mobile marketing could see some huge changes in 2021 in light of Apple’s Advertising Identifier (IDFA) removal.
- App stores remove 48,000 mobile game apps in China Posted on January 15, 2021 by Anne Freer To enforce these rules both Apple and Android have been removing thousands of apps from their app stores of non-compliant developers. According....
- Downloads of Signal and Telegram apps surge as WhatsApp announces privacy changes Posted on January 14, 2021 by Anne Freer 5 million on the Apple App Store and Google Play according to Sensor Tower data, marking a rise of 43x from the week before. Telegram....
- Mobile email ad conversion rates jumped 32% due to pandemic lockdowns Posted on January 11, 2021 by Anne Freer
- Apple services including App Store and Music had a record year in 2020 Posted on January 08, 2021 by Anne Freer Driven by pandemic lockdowns, Apple noted a record year for its services in 2020.
- Consumers spent 35% more on apps during the 2020 festive break Posted on January 06, 2021 by Anne Freer When it comes to platform, the Apple App Store saw 68% of all spending while Google Play took 35% of app spending.
- A European mobile marketing agency boldly goes to the US market Posted on December 28, 2020 by Business of Apps
- Fintech platform Braavo pledges $50 million to back mobile app developers in 25 countries through its new card Posted on December 18, 2020 by Artyom Dogtiev Facebook, Apple Search Ads, Google Ads, Snapchat, TikTok, and Instagram.
- CPI vs. CPA vs. CPM – guess who will win in 2021? Posted on January 21, 2021
- Progressive Web App: e-commerce bonanza beckoning? Posted on January 20, 2021 In 1994, this prefix signifying “electronic” was first made public by Apple whose e-World online service functioned as a precursor of social networks, messengers, and bulletin....
- The 7 steps for an app project Discovery phase Posted on January 19, 2021
- How much does it cost to develop a customized mobile app in 2021? Posted on January 18, 2021 ...deploying the app on different app stores—for example, Google Play Store for Android mobile apps and Apple App Store for iOS mobile apps.
- Guide to mobile app user retention Posted on January 18, 2021
App Store Advanced Features
The fifth biggest app store by number of apps
Proud Swede powering Entertainment on Mobiles across the World Built in Sweden. For the World.
Your Android App Store
Your App Growth Partner
Be the first to leave a review.
Sorry, we don’t have these details yet. If you are a Apple representative, please get in touch to add additional information and contact options to your profile.