iTunes is a media player, media library, Internet radio broadcaster, and mobile device management application developed by Apple Inc. It was announced on January 9, 2001. It is used to play, download, and organize digital multimedia files, including music and video, on personal computers running the macOS and Windows operating systems. Content must be purchased through the iTunes Store, whereas iTunes is the software letting users manage their purchases.
The original and main focus of iTunes is music, with a library offering organization, collection, and storage of users’ music collections. It can be used to rip songs from CDs, as well as play content with the use of dynamic, smart playlists. Options for sound optimizations exist, as well as ways to wirelessly share the iTunes library. In 2005, Apple expanded on the core features with video support, later also adding podcasts, e-books, and a section for managing mobile apps for Apple’s iOS operating system, the last of which it discontinued in 2017.
The original iPhone smartphone required iTunes for activation and, until the release of iOS 5 in 2011, iTunes was required for installing software updates for the company’s iOS devices. Newer iOS devices rely less on the iTunes software, though it can still be used for backup and restoration of phone contents, as well as for the transfer of files between a computer and individual iOS applications. iTunes has received significant criticism for a bloated user experience, with Apple adopting an all-encompassing feature-set in iTunes rather than sticking to its original music-based purpose.
- Smadex presents its cohorts reporting for app marketers Posted on July 30, 2020 by Artyom Dogtiev
- US smartphone sales dropped 25% during Q2 2020 due to coronavirus Posted on July 29, 2020 by Anne Freer This performed well for Samsung and Apple which reached a higher percentage of online sales.
- Podcast ad revenues to jump 15% to $1 billion despite coronavirus Posted on July 16, 2020 by Anne Freer Both Apple and Spotify continue to bank on podcasts with Spotify recently launching new podcast advertising....
- App Annie launches new mobile app performance suite Posted on July 15, 2020 by Anne Freer
- AppsFlyer, Adjust, Apptopia & Mintegral discuss the latest app trends & opportunities [webinar] Posted on July 13, 2020 by Artyom Dogtiev
- Facebook SDK leads popular apps like Spotify to crash Posted on July 13, 2020 by Anne Freer
- Emerging app developers should favour smaller stores Posted on July 06, 2020 by Anne Freer ...App developers may be better off joining smaller app platforms compared to larger stores such as the Apple App Store.
- Apple makes it harder to track app installs from mobile ads Posted on July 03, 2020 by Anne Freer Apple has just made it significantly harder for app advertisers to track ad spend connected to app installs. With....
- The COVID-19 effect: mobile app spend rose 23.4% during first half of 2020 Posted on July 02, 2020 by Anne Freer Apple marketplace spending was twice the gross revenue recorded on Google Play ($17.
- In-app UX and localization: top pitfalls Posted on July 29, 2020
- Mobile marketer's next challenge: TikTok ads Posted on July 29, 2020
- 7 Ways to find the right DSP for your user acquisition campaigns Posted on July 28, 2020 Facebook, Google, Apple Search, Twitter, Tik Tok, Snapchat, Influencers, Ad Networks, you name it.
- UA specialists discuss how app growth is evolving in 2020 Posted on July 15, 2020 ...evolving? ✅ What trends are we seeing in the major growth channels (Facebook, Google App Campaigns, Apple Search Ads)? ✅ What types of campaigns and creatives are most effective right now? ✅ What....
- Why should businesses use Swift 5 for iOS app development? Posted on July 14, 2020 1 update Apple has released the brand new Xcode 11 that features strong support for the new iOS 14.
Your Android App Store
App Store Advanced Features
Your Marketplace for android apps
Multi platform appstore
Hand-picked, Free & Premium mobile applications every day
Be the first to leave a review.
Sorry, we don’t have these details yet. If you are a Apple representative, please get in touch to add additional information and contact options to your profile.