iTunes is a media player, media library, Internet radio broadcaster, and mobile device management application developed by Apple Inc. It was announced on January 9, 2001. It is used to play, download, and organize digital multimedia files, including music and video, on personal computers running the macOS and Windows operating systems. Content must be purchased through the iTunes Store, whereas iTunes is the software letting users manage their purchases.
The original and main focus of iTunes is music, with a library offering organization, collection, and storage of users’ music collections. It can be used to rip songs from CDs, as well as play content with the use of dynamic, smart playlists. Options for sound optimizations exist, as well as ways to wirelessly share the iTunes library. In 2005, Apple expanded on the core features with video support, later also adding podcasts, e-books, and a section for managing mobile apps for Apple’s iOS operating system, the last of which it discontinued in 2017.
The original iPhone smartphone required iTunes for activation and, until the release of iOS 5 in 2011, iTunes was required for installing software updates for the company’s iOS devices. Newer iOS devices rely less on the iTunes software, though it can still be used for backup and restoration of phone contents, as well as for the transfer of files between a computer and individual iOS applications. iTunes has received significant criticism for a bloated user experience, with Apple adopting an all-encompassing feature-set in iTunes rather than sticking to its original music-based purpose.
- Facebook and Google continue to dominate in latest mobile ad Performance Index Posted on October 14, 2020 by Anne Freer Apple Search Ads were the exception.
- INCRMNTAL receives $1.4 million in funding to boost incremental measurement of app campaigns Posted on October 14, 2020 by Anne Freer In light of Apple deprecating IDFA, value measurement has become an even bigger problem to address.
- Vungle acquires AlgoLift to improve mobile ad attribution Posted on October 14, 2020 by Anne Freer ” What’s more, the solution is based on anonymised data to provide a work-around to Apple’s iOS 14 privacy changes.
- Apple upgrades developer tools with QR codes and short links Posted on October 07, 2020 by Anne Freer Apple has given its App Store marketing tools a bit of an upgrade.
- Join "The end of IDFA - new opportunities for app monetization" webinar on October 7th Posted on October 01, 2020 by Artyom Dogtiev One of the big updates that Apple's iOS 14 release has brought to the table is that IDFA tracker has become opt-in.
- Spotify and Epic Games launch coalition to fight unfair Apple App Store rules Posted on September 28, 2020 by Anne Freer It’s an attempt to get Apple and Google to change their rules on charging excessive fees and hinder competition.
- Majority of Android and iOS apps do not have identifiable address of registry Posted on September 23, 2020 by Anne Freer As Google Play and the Apple App Store boast more than 4.
- Apple Fitness+ launch threatens fitness app developers Posted on September 18, 2020 by Anne Freer Apple is set to launch a subscription service for fitness classes.
- You're evaluating mobile market intelligence wrong. Here's how to do it right Posted on October 21, 2020
- Guide on tapping the full potential of subscription-based apps Posted on October 19, 2020
- Prototype vs Proof of Concept vs MVP in mobile app development Posted on October 19, 2020
- The best time for mobile app developers to self-publish is NOW Posted on October 15, 2020 Google Play & Apple’s App Store will handle all the IAPs, but that's only one half of the cake.
- Do you need a mobile app for your insurance company? 4-step guide to create impactful apps [+ ebook] Posted on October 15, 2020
Proud Swede powering Entertainment on Mobiles across the World Built in Sweden. For the World.
The worlds biggest Open App Store for Android
App Store Advanced Features
Hand-picked, Free & Premium mobile applications every day
Be the first to leave a review.
Sorry, we don’t have these details yet. If you are a Apple representative, please get in touch to add additional information and contact options to your profile.