iTunes is a media player, media library, Internet radio broadcaster, and mobile device management application developed by Apple Inc. It was announced on January 9, 2001. It is used to play, download, and organize digital multimedia files, including music and video, on personal computers running the macOS and Windows operating systems. Content must be purchased through the iTunes Store, whereas iTunes is the software letting users manage their purchases.
The original and main focus of iTunes is music, with a library offering organization, collection, and storage of users’ music collections. It can be used to rip songs from CDs, as well as play content with the use of dynamic, smart playlists. Options for sound optimizations exist, as well as ways to wirelessly share the iTunes library. In 2005, Apple expanded on the core features with video support, later also adding podcasts, e-books, and a section for managing mobile apps for Apple’s iOS operating system, the last of which it discontinued in 2017.
The original iPhone smartphone required iTunes for activation and, until the release of iOS 5 in 2011, iTunes was required for installing software updates for the company’s iOS devices. Newer iOS devices rely less on the iTunes software, though it can still be used for backup and restoration of phone contents, as well as for the transfer of files between a computer and individual iOS applications. iTunes has received significant criticism for a bloated user experience, with Apple adopting an all-encompassing feature-set in iTunes rather than sticking to its original music-based purpose.
- Influencer marketing platform Intellifluence launches Influencer App for Android Posted on June 21, 2021 by Business of Apps ...patience! What can this mobile app do? For our influencers that use an Android compatible device, quite a bit (Apple users are also in luck with our iOS app)! If you’re brand new to Intellifluence you can use....
- MyAppFree is attending MWC 2021 and you shouldn’t miss it Posted on June 16, 2021 by Business of Apps
- App Store must do more to prevent high number of fraudulent apps Posted on June 11, 2021 by Anne Freer Around 2% of the 1,000 top-grossing apps in the Apple App Store are scams, according to a recent analysis by The Washington Post.
- Learn what you need to know about paid & owned marketing strategies for iOS 14.5 Posted on June 10, 2021 by Artyom Dogtiev It's been a month since Apple released their iOS 14.
- iOS 14 uncertainty is driving the rise of alternative Android app stores Posted on June 09, 2021 by Business of Apps As you can see, the trend was actually developing long before iOS 14 and Apple changes only seem to have boosted it.
- Apple WWDC: privacy, Live Text and FaceTime updates in focus Posted on June 09, 2021 by Anne Freer At the WWDC 2021, Apple unveiled changes to iOS 15 that make it easier for people stay in touch with friends and access....
- Android users will be able to opt-out of tracking by the end of 2021 Posted on June 08, 2021 by Anne Freer Google has followed in the footsteps of Apple and will allow users of its Android operating system to opt-out of being tracked by advertisers. The....
- Mobile App Trends 2021 report reveals: 2019-2020 50% jump in apps installs Posted on May 28, 2021 by Business of Apps ...affected the wider mobile app ecosystem? And how are other changes in the industry - such as iOS 14 and apple’s new privacy regulation - shaping the industry even further? More than ever, mobile marketers....
- How mobile Finance marketers are transitioning to iOS 14 Posted on June 17, 2021 ...a 75% increase in new user acquisition for a popular insurance app, and also achieved a #1 rank in Apple’s iOS App Store in the car insurance category.
- 3 Key WWDC21 updates for mobile app marketers Posted on June 14, 2021 Apple’s 2021 Worldwide Developers Conference debuted this week, and alongside some exciting features....
- IDFA vs SKAd: everything you need to know Posted on May 26, 2021 Are app marketers ready for Apple’s ATT? We recently conducted a quiz to test marketers on SKAdNetwork, and only 11% of respondents....
- Is your app accessible? How to design for everyone Posted on May 25, 2021
- Antivirus & VPN apps: how to drive high-performing push traffic Posted on May 24, 2021 There are such formats as in-page push and calendar push that work on Apple smartphones.
- Posted by Artyom Dogtiev With the Apple iOS platform becoming the backbone of most mobile and app services, it’s easy to see why marketers....
Android app promotion & marketing
The worlds biggest Open App Store for Android
Explore your Galaxy
Proud Swede powering Entertainment on Mobiles across the World Built in Sweden. For the World.
Be the first to leave a review.
Sorry, we don’t have these details yet. If you are a Apple representative, please get in touch to add additional information and contact options to your profile.