iTunes is a media player, media library, Internet radio broadcaster, and mobile device management application developed by Apple Inc. It was announced on January 9, 2001. It is used to play, download, and organize digital multimedia files, including music and video, on personal computers running the macOS and Windows operating systems. Content must be purchased through the iTunes Store, whereas iTunes is the software letting users manage their purchases.
The original and main focus of iTunes is music, with a library offering organization, collection, and storage of users’ music collections. It can be used to rip songs from CDs, as well as play content with the use of dynamic, smart playlists. Options for sound optimizations exist, as well as ways to wirelessly share the iTunes library. In 2005, Apple expanded on the core features with video support, later also adding podcasts, e-books, and a section for managing mobile apps for Apple’s iOS operating system, the last of which it discontinued in 2017.
The original iPhone smartphone required iTunes for activation and, until the release of iOS 5 in 2011, iTunes was required for installing software updates for the company’s iOS devices. Newer iOS devices rely less on the iTunes software, though it can still be used for backup and restoration of phone contents, as well as for the transfer of files between a computer and individual iOS applications. iTunes has received significant criticism for a bloated user experience, with Apple adopting an all-encompassing feature-set in iTunes rather than sticking to its original music-based purpose.
- Mobile and app tech firms launch resource to help advertisers deal with IDFA Posted on February 19, 2021 by Anne Freer As Apple’s Identifier for Advertisers (IDFA) regulations take shape, a group o mobile marketing companies....
- MobileSoft Technology, Inc. announces public sale of Seattle Cloud & MobileSoft assets Posted on February 17, 2021 by Business of Apps
- Zoomd acquires mobile marketing company Performance Revenues Posted on February 15, 2021 by Anne Freer
- AppsFlyer to launch PredictSK in light of Apple mobile ad tracking changing Posted on February 12, 2021 by Anne Freer Once Apple starts enforcing its AppTrackingTransparency frameworkin spring 2021, the PredictSK engine will....
- App Annie launches new app for mobile app insights Posted on February 11, 2021 by Anne Freer The new app can be downloaded from the Apple App Store and offers easy access to mobile market data.
- How 5G is transforming the world of mobile app development Posted on March 04, 2021
- Why your Google Play experiments may be failing Posted on March 04, 2021
- Why to convert an Ecommerce store into a mobile app Posted on March 03, 2021 In general, there are two app stores available globally, the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
- Using programmatic ads to bring CPI down 15 times [case study] Posted on March 03, 2021
- Fin Survey affiliate offer + Kenya = ROI 43% [case study] Posted on March 03, 2021
Android app promotion & marketing
The fifth biggest app store by number of apps
Explore your Galaxy
Hand-picked, Free & Premium mobile applications every day
App Store Advanced Features
Be the first to leave a review.
Sorry, we don’t have these details yet. If you are a Apple representative, please get in touch to add additional information and contact options to your profile.