Dream Games was founded in Turkiye in 2019 by a group of former executives of Peak Games. In 2021 they launched their first game, Royal Match, a match-3 puzzle game with a narrative of restoring a king’s castle. It quickly became a success as one of the most downloaded and most revenue generating mobile puzzle game.
Like many puzzle games developed since the launch of Candy Crush, Royal Match operates on a freemium model without ads but with the option of purchasing in-game items to help pass levels. This model has been a success for the company, with over $600 million of lifetime revenue so far.
Dream Games benefitted from early investment, raising the largest-ever Series A funding round for a Turkish company at $50 million while only having soft-launched Royal Match. The company has since grown to be worth more than $2.8 billion and a follow-up game, Royal Kingdom, has been soft-launched in several countries.
Royal Kingdom has taken the base gameplay of Royal Match and added player versus player features and player rank. Dream Games has not yet announced a data for a wider launch of the game.
Dream Games is attempting to expand internationally, opening its first foreign office in London earlier this year. Royal Match has consistently been in the top 10 rankings for app download and revenue in the UK, US and other markets.
The company has not confirmed plans for any additional games but is in the process of scaling up its workforce from 160 people to 250 by the end of the year.
We have collected data and statistics on Royal Match. Read below to find out more.
Royal Match Key Statistics
- Royal Match earned $428 million in 2022, surpassing $600 million in lifetime revenue
- In 2022 Dream Games was valued at $2.8 billion following Series C funding which raised $255 million
- Royal Match has been downloaded more than 78 million times since its March 2021 launch
Royal Match Overview
|Launch date||February 2021|
|People||Soner Aydemir (CEO)|
Royal Match Revenue
In the first 9 months following Royal Match’s release, it earned $172 million. In 2022, this increased to $428 million.
Royal Match annual revenue 2021 to 2022 ($mm)
Royal Match Users
The number of monthly active Royal Match users has more than doubled to 13 million in 2022 compared to 5.3 million in 2021.
Royal Match annual monthly active users 2021 to 2022 (mm)
Sources: CNBC, Company data
Royal Match Downloads
Royal Match has been downloaded more than 78 million times, with 14 million downloads in July alone.
Royal Match annual downloads 2022 to 2023 (mm)
|Year||Cumulative downloads (mm)|
Dream Games Valuation
Dream Games was most recently valued at $2.8 billion, with Royal Match’s success boosting the company’s value.
Dream Games valuation 2021 to 2023 ($bn)
Royal Match FAQ
How many levels are on Royal Match?
Royal Match has more than 4500 levels available to play.
How much profit does Dream Games make?
Dream Games had a net loss of $207 million in 2021.
Has Dream Games had any external investment?
After three funding rounds Dream Games has raised $468 million in investment.
More Games App Data
- Shooter Games Revenue and Usage Statistics (2023)
- Pokémon Go Revenue and Usage Statistics (2023)
- Clash of Clans Revenue And Usage Statistics (2023)
- Strategy Games Revenue and Usage Statistics (2023)
- Free Fire Revenue and Usage Statistics (2023)
- Monopoly Go Revenue and Usage Statistics (2023)
- Fortnite Usage and Revenue Statistics (2023)
- Roblox Revenue and Usage Statistics (2023)
- Clash Royale Revenue and Usage Statistics (2023)
- Among Us Revenue and Usage Statistics (2023)