Remember when Apple introduced ATT framework this spring, one of the remarks you could hear in the app marketers circles was “all right – the app retargeting is doomed”. I think you shouldn’t be surprised by such reactions and remarks. We live pretty stressful lives right now, people tend to be emotionally triggered at anytime but these days especially.
But there are emotions and there are data.
Today we have Patrick, General Manager at Remerge, app retargeting company, to tell us about what is actually happening with app retargeting since the ATT introduction and back it up with data.
Today’s Topics Include:
- Patrick’s trajectory is from a traditional publishing company back in 2004 that was going digital to app retargeting company in 2019.
- What is the App Retargeting
- How come App Retargeting is still here, even though iOS app users have been switching to iOS 14 and iOS15 for months now
- Making the case why App Retargeting is a viable app marketing technique for brands to use
- Verticals and companies that use App Retargeting right now
- Reality check – Patrick’s thoughts about what will be coming with IDFA deprecation versus what is actually happening now
- Android or iOS? iOS
- What features would Patrick miss most? Camera and Google Maps app
- What’s missing from mobile app technology? Better battery life, more apps for life enhancements.
Links and Resources:
Quotes from Patrick Eichmann:
“We’ve developed a dashboard that provided a view into what was happening from an operating system adoption rate perspective.
And what it actually looks like to give you some more content, that is actually a 30 billion requests a day that are coming through that have IDFA associated with it.
With Android, it’s still intact, there are maybe changes in the future but that makes up the lion share of available inventories now.”
Follow the Business Of Apps podcast