We carry this small rectangular computer in our pocket or a purse. One moment we complain about how we would like to use it less and wonder how the world span before the smartphone, the next – we’re relieved that it is in hand, pun intended, to help us figure out so many things.
We have a bunch of apps on it and sure thing – we see a bunch of ads in those apps or mobile websites. And you know what? Some of those ads don’t quite look like ads, these peculiar species are playable ads and today Greg will help us to understand them better.
Today’s Topics Include:
- Greg Castro’s background
- What is Mobvista today
- The landscape of digital ad formats
- What is playable ad format
- The role of Generative AI in creating playable ads
- Playable ads usage best practices, common mistakes
- What Greg would like to change about the programmatic tech sector the most
- Android or iOS?
- Greg’s first mobile phone
- Leaving his smartphone at home, what features would Greg miss most?
- What features he would like to see added to his smartphone?
Links and Resources:
Quotes from Greg Castro:
“In the ever-evolving world of mobile in-app advertising understanding the role and effectiveness of various ad formats is really key. With banner ads, while they are one of the oldest formats their obtrusive nature still makes them suitable for certain campaigns.”
“Videos ads have become an ideal medium for storytelling and building engagement across various types of apps, both gaming and non-gaming.”
“Playable ads are perhaps the epitome of interactive advertising. They are especially prominent in the gaming industry. This try-before-you-buy model really offers potential users a taste of the actual product. “
Follow the Business Of Apps podcast