Throughout the year we host around 50 episodes to introduce you to an app marketing technique, explain how app subscriptions work, dive into app monetization strategy building, to share tips and tricks for app marketing on holidays, and much more.
But at the beginning of the year, we get together with people from Data.Ai (formerly known as App Annie) to give you a bird-view perspective on the app industry and provide a recap for the previous year.
Now, Data.Ai commissions the State of Mobile annual report, which is about 100 pages, in this episode, we will cover with Lexi only its macro mobile trends, you can find the link below to read the entire report yourself.
Today’s Topics Include:
- The app industry in 2022 vs. 2021 – a brief look
- Time spent on mobile in 2022
- Top mobile markets Downloads, Consumer Spent, and Time-wise
- Money spent on mobile ads in 2022
- Top 3 app categories Downloads, Consumer Spent, and Time-wise
- Money spent on mobile games and apps in 2022
- Growing app categories in 2022
- The last year Gen Z app preferences
- What people searched on the app stores
Links and Resources:
Quotes from Lexi Sydow:
“We saw record app downloads, 255 billion new app downloads, so a lot of user acquisition happening, up 11% year-over-year.”
“On a per user basis, that’s where it’s really interesting. Globally, among the Top 10 mobile markets, we saw 5 hours per day spent on average person per device.”
“Within the download space we saw a lot of more utilitarian, sort of tools and anti-virus apps, productivity tools, VPN and downloaders.”
Follow the Business Of Apps podcast