Where and how did you shop 10 years ago? How did you discover new brands, products, and services? Did you simply Google it? Go to Amazon? How do you show up today to shop? A lot of things have changed, especially due to influencer marketing. What is it? Where is it now? Where’s it headed?
Today’s guest is Jidé Maduako, co-founder and CEO of Yoke Network, a platform for performance influencer marketing and content creation for native ads. Influencer marketing is the most powerful form of marketing because of accurate product-audience fit.
Today’s Topics Include:
- What is influencer marketing?
- Who are micro influencers?
- Why is influencer marketing effective for brands?
- Influencer marketing should focus on brand awareness and results to avoid:
- Misalignment of audience
- Inauthentic advertising
- Lack of skill
- Conflicts of interest
- TikTok vs. Other Platforms: TikTok is all about creativity, not a person’s status
- Statistics: TikTok ad campaigns easy to use but not as sophisticated as other platforms such as Facebook or Twitter
- Influencer Marketing Trends: Advertisers are focusing more on investing in and understanding TikTok, short-form video platforms, and in-house production
Links and Resources:
Quotes by Jidé Maduako:
“This is helping brands and apps to establish their presence on TikTok as a platform, which I believe is the biggest opportunity for advertisers since Instagram.”
“There’s a lot more micro influencers than there are macro influencers or celebrities.”
“The influencers have the trust of their audience and anything they do recommend works at scale.”
“TikTok has unearthed a world of creativity because it’s so easy to chop and edit, and add effects to the videos that it allows anybody to look amazing.”