Let me ask you something, do you watch TV?
Depending on your age, when you hear a question like this, you may get a mental picture of a TV set or your Roku box, your Apple TV, or even your iPhone, if watching movies and TV series on a smartphone is your thing. Now, remember all those never-ending commercial breaks on your TV set?
Well, you may also remember how people began watching video content more and more on their computers and then, especially on their beloved mobile devices. So, naturally, businesses followed people and so desktop and mobile advertising began to squeeze ad dollars from the traditional TV ads.
Well, by now you would think TV ads are about to go extinct completely? Not so fast. Enter Connected TV and the advertising on it.
Today’s Topics Include:
- Graduated a decade ago University of California, Berkley, Arthur was Co-founder & CEO of the mobile playable ad units company, Chief Mobile Officer at Adikteev before launching Vibe in January 2021
- Unpacking what is OTT
- How advertising on CTV works
- CTV ads’ competitive advantage
- App categories that fit the best CTV advertising
- The future of advertising on the Connected TV
- Android or iOS? iOS
- Arthur’s first mobile phone. Nokia 3310
- What features would Arthur miss most? WhatsApp and email
- What’s missing from mobile app technology? Bringing more AAA quality game titles on mobile
Links and Resources:
Quotes from Arthur Querou:
”At tech we hvae this strange addiction to acronyms.“
“OTT stands for Over The Top and it means any content that goes over a standard channel.”
“I think the most important thing is to think about when you are a marketer and you want to leverage CTV – can I capture my audience on TV in an effective way?”
Follow the Business Of Apps podcast