Remember your first day in the office at your first job? Now switch mentally to today, think about what your work on a project looks like now. What’s the difference? Why do you feel way more confident now? It’s your experience, the body of knowledge in your brain allows you to be sure about your next move and avoid anxiety.
In today’s episode, I have Lisa to tell you about her 5-point approach to working on the project, she has distilled from her more than a decade of experience in digital marketing, to achieve more while spending less.
Today’s Topics Include:
- Lisa’s background in digital marketing
- Five-point approach to achieve more with less
- Point #1: Get familiar with failure
- Point #2: Just ask
- Point #3: Grow smart
- Point #4: Sweat the small stuff
- Point #5: Swot up
- What Lisa would like to change about digital marketing the most
- Android or iOS?
- Lisa’s first mobile phone
- Leaving her smartphone at home, what features would Lisa miss most?
- What features Lisa would like to see added to her smartphone?
Links and Resources:
Quotes from Lisa Pickett:
“You not gonna have all the answers, no one I know has a working crystal ball, we can’t predict the future. The sooner can realize we not aren’t going to get the answers, the sooner we can kind of get out of our own way.“
“Working in digital products and apps is actually really great because the feedback loop times are pretty quick if you compare it kind of traditional media. You can pretty say within a few days if what you’ve done is worked.”
“I’ would just encourage you if you’re starting out your career just to really invest in growing a really great network.”
Follow the Business Of Apps podcast