Let’s make a quick mental experiment. When I say brand, what pops up in your mind? Apple? Nike? Tesla? That’s right – all those are brands, in fact if you think about it you can easily count like a dozen of brands around you.
And there is more – you can think of some of the mobile apps on your phone as brands as well. Today, Charlie will help you to get a better grasp on how to apply a brand concept to your app.
Today’s Topics Include:
- Charlie has been working with a variety of the startups across of multiple sectors like sport, property, language learning and now food.
- What is brand
- What role brand plays for a newbie app startup
- How different generations, like Millennials and Gen Z, perceive brands
- Common mistakes people do applying a brand concept to a mobile app
- Android or iOS? Android, never dabbled into the iPhone stuff
- What was Charlie’s first mobile phone? Nokia 3310
- What features would Charlie miss the most leaving his smartphone at home? Spotify to listen podcasts everywhere all the time
- What’s missing from mobile app technology? Features to decrease distractions the smartphone brings into our life.
Links and Resources:
Charlie Cooke LinkedIn profile
Sorted Food website.
Quotes from Charlie Cooke:
”For me it’s really fundamental thing. A lot my thinking around it starts with, and maybe for lots of people, the Simon Sinek “Start with Why” book. It’s around why the company exists, like how we communicate our ideas clearly, build relationships with customers, it’s actually a starting point for a company.
I’ve started to see some research that there is that shift towards cause marketing, activism where where they kind of expect a brand to have a purpose.”