Today, there are about 27 million app developers worldwide, it’s a big, diverse and dynamic community of mobile software developers who build apps for iOS and Android. If you ever watched the Apple’s keynote presentations at WWDC, you saw some of them talking about apps they pour their heart into. It’s remarkable to see the commitment of these people to develop an app that will make a difference in somebody’s life.
Now, at the same time they develop apps to make a living. What is the state of app monetization today? To answer this question we’ve invited Linda.
Today’s Topics Include:
- The Linda’s background spans from being a part of the Yahoo team, moving to MoPub team and ultimately becoming a part of the Twitter team and finally joining Fyber – a Digital Turbine company
- Fyber if the leading monetization platform helping app businesses grow revenue
- How app publishers adopting to the Apple’s SKAdNetwork
- The impact of COVID-19 to the app publishers business in 2020 and 2021
- What should be the focus of app publishers right now, in the midst of this Holiday season
- Challenges app publishers are facing right now
- Android or iOS? iOS
- What features would Linda miss most? Spotify 🙂
- What’s missing from mobile app technology? Widely adapted IoT support, being able to manage multiple sensors at home via a smartphone
Links and Resources:
Quotes from Linda Ouyang:
“I grew up in a very entrepreneurial mobile tech-forward household. So the apple didn’t fall very far from the tree actually.
It’s become more and more interconnected but specifically on the publisher side, I think the privacy changes with Apple, while the grilling stuff must be faced together, it’s causing some innovation. It’s a little bit like Renaissance.
I think a lot of what we’ve seen is coming into fruition this Holiday season.”
Follow the Business Of Apps podcast