When you are a mobile app marketer, holidays mean a bit more than just the days to spend more time with friends and family and have a chance to escape thoughts about work.
In fact, I’m sorry to say, but for the thoughts, it’s the opposite – every app marketer, and marketer in general for that matter, knows that the holidays are the time when you can get more traction for your app, more traffic, and more sales.
In this episode, we have Jason give us hints and tricks for Black Friday and Cyber Monday we’re all moving in time and will get there on November 25th and 28th respectively.
Today’s Topics Include:
- Jason’s path in tech is from a data software engineer to VP of Sales in MoEngage – the leading insights-led engagement platform
- What are seasonal promotions
- What app marketers and brands need to know about app marketing on Black Friday
- How Cyber Monday can fit into your app marketing strategy
- Good examples of successful ad campaigns on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- Mistakes made by brands on these two holidays
Links and Resources:
Quotes from Jason Smith:
“You need to be sensitive to many cultures, many religions, and also different types of customers. It’s not one size fits all.”
“Building a plan can never be too soon. So it’s also building a channel strategy, as well as a communication strategy.”
“Don’t push to somebody who just bought it a month before for price.”
“I think what many people like to do is rewarding most loyal customers.”
Follow the Business Of Apps podcast