At the heart of any sustainable business is knowing how much money you actually make with each client. When you launch a mobile app project, your hope is to sustain this business for years to come, not just months or weeks, right?
How do you achieve that? For starters, you absolutely need to know what revenue each of your app users generates for you. Here comes the notion we’re going to spend on the next half an hour or so – Live Time Value, aka LTV.
Today’s guest is Levi Matkins, CEO of LifeStreet—a programmatic marketing platform for app developers. He talks about lifetime value (LTV) in mobile, which is a measurement of how much money a user will generate.
Today’s Topics Include:
- Levi’s career spans 20 years in digital advertising, half of which he’s spent in mobile. From founding a company with his brother while he was still in college to the leading mobile marketing platform.
- What is LTV and how it is different from ROAS
- The significance of LTV
- How to acquire app users with a higher LTV
- How to increase LTV
- App categories it’s hard or impossible to measure LTV
- Moving forward, does LTV become harder or easier to measure?
- Android or iOS? Android only
- What features would Levi miss most? Google Maps to get around everywhere
- What’s missing from mobile app technology? Pretty much all good, perhaps except a holdable display would be nice
Links and Resources:
Quotes from Levi Matkins:
“Generally speaking, it’s a measurement how much money the user will generate for an app at a given amount of time.”
“Having a good LTV in an app is the difference between success and failure.”
“You can’t improve what you don’t measure. It’s critical to track and measure LTV.”
“LifeStreet’s belief is that return on ad spend is the most important thing to optimize for in a successful campaign. By paying the right price for a user, allows a campaign to scale more effectively.”
Follow the Business Of Apps podcast