The app now lets users and brands upload and share photos and videos, tag products and curate product collections on the app.
The additional features include:
- User-generated content such as idea boards and videos and photos
- A feature called Following that allows users to follow brands and share their interest in a brand
- Collections allow users to save products to their feed and share them with others
- “For You” and “Following” feeds include stoppable content that is personalised based on user product preferences
- And product tagging so all users can share products to their posts.
Verishop says it has a mostly young user base of under-35-year-olds who enjoy browsing and sharing products.
The platform boasts a roster of some 1,000 direct-to-consumer brands.
The social media approach isn’t new. It’s something competitors Pinterest and Instagram have been focusing on more recently.