Techcrunch has a story about eBay’s growing revenues from mobile commerce. eBay has just announced the launch of two new iphone apps and released some stats on its sales through mobile devices:
– $1.5 billion worth of goods sold via mobile phones in 2010
– over a 100% increase on sales in in 2009 ($600 million)
– iphone app downloaded 8 m times and 1 item is bought on ebay using a mobile every 2 seconds
It is clear that mobile commerce is really starting to reach lift off. Clearly as the money moves onto mobile, affiliate marketing won’t be far behind.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Affiliate marketing – the new business model for mobile app developers? (mobyaffiliates.com)
- Mobile one of big ecommerce themes for 2010 (mobyaffiliates.com)