Crossy Road has made $10m revenue from in-app purchases alone

Andy Boxall | August 20, 2018

App Business

Mobile gaming hit Crossy Road has reached $10m in revenue taken solely from in-app purchases, according to data collected by Sensor Tower, with 61% — or about $8m — coming from players in the United States.

The majority of the spending also comes from those devices with Apple’s iOS. A massive 76% of the revenue came from iOS, leaving 24% to come from Android players. However, despite passing the $10m in-app purchase revenue mark, it is only ranked as number 1,375 in Sensor Tower’s charts, having fallen from a high of number 79 back in February 2015.

Crossy Road’s in-app purchases are for special in-game characters to replace the basic chicken character all players start the game with. The game launched in late 2014, when it was downloaded 50 million times in the first 90 days, and took $10m in revenue from clever use of advertising and in-app purchases during that period alone.

By signing up you agree to our privacy policy. You can opt out anytime.