There’s no mistaking both the importance and power of social media in today’s accelerated world. What was perhaps, at one point, more of an optional feature for businesses to consider is undoubtedly no longer the case. Brands, great and small, now need a defined and continuous social media marketing strategy to engage with their audience and to grow their brand.
The problem is: not everyone has the time or the practical expertise to use social media to shape the narrative effectively — fortunately, that’s where social media marketing agencies come into the picture. Social media marketing agencies, in a nutshell, can manage everything for you independently.
It’s important to remember, first and foremost, that all social media marketing agencies price themselves differently, and not all of them will offer identical services. With that said, standard services provided through these marketing agencies include the following:
- Social media content creation and publishing
- Finding relevant social content to share across channels
- Creating visual assets and picking and optimising headlines
- Social media account growth, followers, likes, targeting
- Responding to messages/solving questions that customers may have through social media
- Paid social advertising, with ad campaign creation and conversion tracking
The critical point is that it’s the job of a social media marketing agency to effectively communicate the client’s aims in a digestible and relatable way to their audience. The client can then use this extra time to focus on other crucial areas of their business.
How do you go about picking the right social media marketing agency when everyone seems, at face value, to be offering the same service? The good news is we’ve done the hard part for you. Below you’ll find the top social media marketing agencies this year, including their most recognisable clients and the key social media services they offer.
Please note that the list below is in no particular order.
Social Media Marketing Agencies List
- Vayner Media
- LYFE Marketing
- Thrive Internet Marketing Agency
- Fuel Online
- Disruptive Advertising
- Social Chain
- Little Media Agency
- Born Social
Vayner Media is one of the world’s biggest digital marketing agencies. It was founded by entrepreneur and digital marketing expert Gary Vaynerchuk. Vayner provides social media and digital marketing services to some of the world’s biggest brands, including Pepsi, Unilever, and Toyota. They have offices in London, New York, Los Angeles and Chattanooga.
- Clients: Pepsi, Toyota, Hulu
- Features: Paid social media marketing, influencers, Iot marketing
- Tagline: ‘Built for the now’
Vayner Media website screenshot
LYFE Marketing is a social media company with a focus on increasing sales revenue and ROI. They also handle web design and search engine marketing. Social media services include growing followers to match the demographics, interests, and behaviours of your typical customers, increasing social media engagement and custom advertising campaigns, including to email lists.
- Clients: The Huffington Post, Clutch, Adweek
- Features: Custom ad campaigns, social media management, social media engagement
- Tagline: ‘Helping business gain the most out of online marketing’
LYFE Marketing website screenshot
Sociallyin helps brands with different aspects of their social media marketing strategy, including social strategy, content production, community management, paid social advertising, influencer marketing, and more. Their team is dedicated to creating and executing unique social media strategies for your brand, and essentially, performs day-to-day online operations so you don’t have to.
- Clients: Toyota, UMI, A3C
- Features: Social media strategy, content production, community management
- Tagline: ‘Deploying result-driven services’
Sociallyin website screenshot
Abacus is a group of performance marketers and ex-Facebookers with a long history of growing startups and helping big brands solve their marketing problems. They channel their knowledge into creating Facebook and Instagram Advertising campaigns that help you scale your business. They have offices in Toronto, New York, and LA and their clients are all over the world.
- Clients: IKEA, Toyota, Dropbox
- Features: Facebook and Instagram advertising, content amplification
- Tagline: ‘Facebook + Creative together as one.’
Abacus website screenshot
Firebelly is a social media marketing agency that offers a variety of services. These include a Social Media Channel Audit, from performance benchmarks to content analysis, Social Media Management with custom monthly content calendars and reports, and Social Ad Management, which uses targeted social media ads to grow your audience, engagement and traffic.
- Clients: Cisco, Sony, Team USA
- Features: Social media management, channel audit, ad management
- Tagline: ‘Leading brands to social media marketing success since 2007.’
Firebelly website screenshot
Thrive is a digital marketing agency that has extensive experience in social media services and their specialists know how to creatively design and implement effective social media marketing campaigns for businesses. Services include identification and assessment of the target audience, creation of effective social media marketing strategy and implementation and regularly scheduled updates.
- Clients: Shopify, Wix, Bing
- Features: Keyword targeting, analytics, content updates
- Tagline: ‘Convert more leads online and get results.’
Thrive website screenshot
Fuel Online is a full-service digital agency with decades of internet marketing and search engine optimization expertise. With in-house efficiency, they provide collaborative efforts to produce top results for their clients. Depending on the goals of the client, they can provide a comprehensive plan to achieve said goals and then put a plan into motion.
- Clients: Audi, Umbro, ADP
- Features: Social media campaigns, digital strategy, PPC ad campaigns
- Tagline: ‘Experience the difference fuel makes.’
Fuel Online website screenshot
Disruptive Advertising offers PPC management for social media platforms. To get the most out of your campaigns, they create a consistent and compelling message that combines the right keywords and ad messaging to produce sales. They also test, analyse and optimise all of their ad campaigns. Disruptive specialise in LinkedIn and Facebook social media marketing.
- Clients: Google, Disney, Bing
- Features: PPC campaigns, analytics, keyword targeting
- Tagline: ‘Getting our clients results since 2013.’
Disruptive Advertising website screenshot
WebFX is a social media management agency that offers a custom social media marketing service plan. They build brand awareness, as well as generate revenue from social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and others. Plans include content creation, custom social posts and images, extensive ad campaigns and daily monitoring of social media channels.
- Clients: Subway, Armstrong, Fujifilm
- Features: Social media management, daily monitoring, ad campaigns
- Tagline: ‘Digital marketing that drives results.’
WebFX website screenshot
Social Chain is a global, social-first digital marketing agency. The company claims it can make anything trend within 26 minutes on any social media platform. They pride themselves on telling a brand’s story through creating dynamic, thought-provoking and engaging content which is hastened through their 200 million strong internal network of social media influencers, pages and communities.
- Clients: Amazon, BBC, Thomas Cook
- Features: Content creation, social media management and analysis
- Tagline: ‘Keeping brands at the forefront of what is possible.’
Social Chain website screenshot
MaxAudience is a digital agency that offers social media marketing as one of its primary services. The company focuses on creativity combined with analytics to promote your brand, monitor the key trends, and research new ideas at the same time. MaxAudience has offices in San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Dallas, New York, Chicago and Carlsbad.
- Clients: Finance of America, Savvymoney, Intel
- Features: Social media management, ad management, analytics
- Tagline: ‘Let us help you blow away your competition.’
MaxAudience website screenshot
Little Media Agency manages social media sites, raises brand awareness, and helps you to attract more clients. Their team has years of experience in running social media channels across multiple industries, and they can create content specifically tailored to your audience. Little Media Agency also provides social media training, including social media workshops.
- Clients: n/a
- Features: Social media management, custom content, workshops
- Tagline: ‘At the end of the day, your success is our victory.’
Little Media Agency website screenshot
1000heads is a social media, word of mouth agency with social expertise at the core of its services. For more than 18 years they have helped brands to grow their reach and engagement via social marketing channels. They believe in creativity without boundaries and have been successful enough to work with clients such as Microsoft, Tesla and Go Pro as a result.
- Clients: Tesla, Microsoft, Ghd
- Features: Custom content, ad management, channel audit
- Tagline: ‘We help brands to be more social.’
1000heads website screenshot
Born Social is an agency that has been involved with social media marketing for the past 7 years. They’ve run social media for the UK’s leading startups and small businesses, through to some of the world’s biggest brands. They offer social-first strategies, including social content production, community management, paid social and influencer management.
- Clients: BBC, Koppaberg, Nando’s
- Features: Channel management, content production, paid social
- Tagline: ‘For businesses that think like David, not Goliath.’
Born Social website screenshot
While it can, at first, be overwhelming to find the right social media marketing agency for you — there are a great many out there — our guide to the best ones in 2019 should make your decision that much easier. These marketing agencies are great for brands, are straightforward to get started with and have social media embedded in their bones. If you haven’t seriously considered what your social media strategy is, then let these top agencies put you on the right track.