Xamarin is a cross-platform development tool that lets developers build native iOS and Android apps, as well as Windows and Mac apps, using a single shared C# codebase. The company also lets developers test apps on hundreds of devices via its Xamarin Cloud service, offers its own Xamarin Studio IDE, and runs live online classes with its Xamarin University program.
Xamarin boasts a number of big name brands among its clients, including Microsoft, Kellog’s, Bosch and Dow Jones. The company is based in San Francisco with offices in Europe, Asia and South America.
Nuvem and Xamarin
Xamarin Key Features
- Native user interfaces
- Native API access including platform-specific capabilities like iBeacon and Android Fragments.
- Xamarin.Forms interfaces that allows devs to share almost 100% of code across all mobile dev platforms
- Add components to apps directly from your IDE via Xamarin Component Store
- Integrate backends such as Microsoft Azure, Parse and SAP
- Xamarin HQ
1355 Market St, 3rd Floor
San Francisco CA 94103
- Xamarin Inc.
225 Main St
Cambridge MA 02138
- Xamarin Ltd.
60 Gray’s Inn Road
London WC1X 8AQ
- Xamarin Denmark APS
8200 Aarhus N
- Xamarin S.R.L.
Camila O’Gorman 412, Of. 503
- Xamarin Singapore Pte Ltd
A Marina Bay Financial Centre Tower 1, Level 11
8 Marina Boulevard
Nat Friedman – CEO and Co-Founder
Miguel de Icaza – CTO and Co-Founder
Joseph Hill – VP of Developer Relations and Co-founder
PhoneGap is probably the most well-known cross platform development brand within the development community. The now Adobe-owned tool is based on the open source Apache Cordova project and is completely free to use, which goes some way to explain its popularity. Adobe is also working on an enterprise version of PhoneGap, which is currently undergoing a beta trial – and you can sign-up for it here. The enterprise version boasts marketing features via Adobe’s Marketing Cloud, so when it launches it will probably be monetised.
Sencha offers a variety of tools for cross platform app development such as Sencha Architect, Sencha Animator, and more. It’s main product for enterprise users is Ext JS 5, which lets developers create HTML5 apps, which can then be converted into native apps with PhoneGap. Sencha’s HTML5-focused approach allow its apps to run across browsers as well as the latest touch-based devices and has attracted clients such as Google, CNN and Samsung. The platform is priced at $3,225 per year for up to five developers and then $12,495 per year for up to 20 developers.
Programming with Mosh – A fantastic Youtube video on Xamarin Forms which will lead you to a programming course dedicated to Xamarin.
C# Fundamentals for Absolute Beginners – If you haven’t coded for a minute throughout your life, this is still a great place to start. Absolute basics to advanced concepts of object-oriented programming.
Kudvenkat – Another great place for beginners, this Youtube series currently numbers 100 videos.
|Platforms:||Android, iOS, Windows Phone|
Sorry, we don’t have these details yet. If you are a [network_name] representative, please get in touch to add additional information and contact options to your profile.
- Matthew Knuti, VP of Engagement for Fuzz Talks Mobile App Development Posted on 29th August 2017 (about 2 months ago)
- How Different Trends Affect Mobile App Development Posted on 20th July 2017 (about 3 months ago)
- Cross-Platform vs. Native App App Development: Pros and Cons Posted on 13th April 2017 (about 6 months ago)
- USA App Development Companies - Buyer’s Guide Posted on 25th January 2017 (about 9 months ago)
- App Development Companies Buyer's Guide Posted on 17th January 2017 (about 9 months ago)
Try out updates to Xamarin Live, a new Mac connection workflow, and more in the Visual Studio 2017 15.5 Preview:… https://t.co/iB8bIZkhW1(about 35 minutes ago)
Adaptive UI with #XamarinForms: https://t.co/XZYix2Cv0j(about 19 hours ago)
Dive into the world of build configurations to see how they can improve your build times and productivity: https://t.co/KxvabUJIue(about 1 day ago)
Add “mobile developer” to your resume with @XamarinU, starting with a 30-day free trial: https://t.co/bVpjALvmoy https://t.co/fiA4quVFQb(about 1 day ago)
Weekend project: add some new features to your #Xamarin Android apps with our Android Support Library v26 overview:… https://t.co/49gaLayBhU(about 2 days ago)
- Adaptive UI with Xamarin.Forms Posted on 16th October 2017 (about 20 hours ago)
- Give the Visual Studio 2017 Version 15.5 Preview a Try! Posted on 13th October 2017 (about 4 days ago)
- Bring 3D Models To Life in Augmented Reality with UrhoSharp Posted on 12th October 2017 (about 5 days ago)
- Updating Xamarin.iOS Apps for the iPhone X Posted on 11th October 2017 (about 6 days ago)
- Build and Release Five-Star Apps Faster Posted on 10th October 2017 (about 7 days ago)