Finally, it is official: a mobile device use now accounts for 68% of digital media time. Another important fact to consider: approximately 50% of everyone’s total digital time (desktop and mobile) is spent in mobile apps, surpassing the use of mobile web browsing.
For this reason, if your Brand is not engaging people through apps, where users spend half their online time, you are missing a big opportunity.
According to a recent study by eMarketer, more than half of app marketers worldwide buy ads to retarget app users, and many plan to do so in the next 12 months. With such great numbers, it makes sense that most brands will eventually turn to retargeting to promote their products.
So, why does Mobile Retargeting need to be part of your strategy?
- eMarketer projects there will be 41.4 million smartphone users across Europe
- 75% of European consumers use mobile apps, according to research from TradeDoubler.
- 50% of digital media time is dedicated to using mobile apps. This includes music, video, and most importantly, games.
- Mobile internet users in Europe are highly likely to be in an app environment. Even when they are not online, apps account for a huge proportion of time spent with mobile media.
- A survey from MyThings found that consumers now spend more time interacting with online retailers on smartphones and tablets (55%) than they do on desktop and laptop computers (45%)
- More than 80% of mobile users start their shopping research on the mobile web according to Puro Marketing.
- Sales conversions for mobile retargeting are 13 times higher than desktop retargeting. On top of that, mobile retargeting has a 46% higher click-through rate than on desktops.
- Users react to ads that are relevant to them. If you want your campaign to be successful, make sure it is targeted to a very specific group of users. Some possible segmentation parameters include: location, prior usage or purchases.
- To stand out in a crowded applications market, it is vital for brands to deliver the right product to the right audience at the right time. Our solution, Local Retargeting allows us to determine or define specific places that users often visit, which gives us the possibility of making Mobile campaigns by segmenting areas they visited, and then serving them with a personalized ad of a brand on their mobile devices. This is a totally new concept in Mobile Retargeting.
Mobile Retargeting will only grow from here. It is still a relatively new trend and there are many more methods to implement. In fact, only a small percentage (5%), said they don’t currently, or have plans to, invest in mobile retargeting.
Do you want to keep your brand in front of your potential customers at the right moments? Contact our experts!