Travel apps help modern-day travellers plan their trips, from leaving their house to their final destination and back again. In fact, 58% of travel apps get used monthly, and 35% of users found these apps via mobile app stores. Travel apps make planning and booking travel as hassle-free as possible.
Like any industry, building and developing travel apps requires several must-have features. Reviews and recommendations functionality and social media integration are essential, as is interactive scheduling and push notifications for updates. In-app language translators and currency converters also further help users during their travel. Making the app as useful as it can be significantly increases engagement.
Travel app developer example
Source: Guru Technolabs
Why have a travel app?
The most critical reasons for having a travel app are the following:
- Users can find cheap flights and plan their trip
- Real-time updates such as departures and disruption alerts keep them informed
- You can offer a list of ideas to make the most out of their travel while increasing engagement
- Users can book hotels, vehicles, and flights
- You can detail local public transport routes and schedules
There are a number of app development companies who take on travel app development projects and have app developers with experience specifically catered to these apps. Here we’ve put together for you a list of the best.