Social apps allow users to interact and communicate with each other in a variety of different forms. These apps are popular, and usage is only increasing—nurtured further by Covid-19—making these necessary communication tools to stay in contact. Mobile users now spend at least 50% of their total time using these apps, and 91% of social media users access social channels using their mobiles devices.
Like any industry, building and developing social apps requires several must-have features. They need to allow users to post updates, comment and like posts, share their profiles, and other social media integration is key. Notifications, news feeds, and customizable profiles are popular, as is the ability to chat with others in the network. It’s really about allowing users to create content so they can interact with each other.
Social app developer example
Source: FreshWorks Studio
Why have a social app?
The most critical reasons for having a social app are the following:
- Stay in touch with your customers 24/7 and provide them with updates on new services and products
- You can extend your business reach by bringing in new customers from across the globe
- You can stay connected with users through the use of push notifications
- It allows you to build long-term relationships with customers
- You’ll be able to impress potential customers and receive user feedback
There are a number of app development companies who take on social app development projects and have app developers with experience specifically catered to these apps. Here we’ve put together for you a list of the best.