GameSalad is a free, drag and drop game creation engine for the development of iPhone, iPad, Android & HTML5 games. Using GameSalad developers can test games on Apple devices (no coding required) and publish games to the App Store. The engine is also powered by a complex behaviour library to enable creative freedom for game designers.
One of GameSalad’s main features is it’s testing tool, the In-App Previewer, which can be used to test game logic and behavior sets. Its web publishing system allows for quick and easy cross-platform publishing to supported targets including iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle, Nook, Windows 8 and Mac desktop. Developers can also instantly publish games to the HTML5 powered GameSalad Arcade
- Create, test and publish iPhone, iPad, Android and HTML5 games
- In-App Previewer to test game logic and behavior sets
- Cross-platform publishing available for ebook readers, Windows 8 and Mac desktop
- Make your own game quickly and easily
- Supports Android, iOS, Windows and Amazon Marketplace
- Drag-and-drop coding platform
- GameSalad Pro allows you to add social features and monetization options
- Access to a variety of leading ad network partners including Chartboost, Playhaven, Revmob and iAd
- Technical support is on hand
- Amazon’s GameCircle is supported
- Display ads where you want
- The free-to-play model is available to app developers that want to use it
- Tutorials that teach you how to get up and running
You can try GameSalad for free on a trial period. For long-term use, you can pick either GameSalad Basic or GameSalad Pro. Cracks are also available. The paid plans include:
- Discounts for students, educators and US Military
- GameSalad Basic pricing plan
- GameSalad Pro the premium plan for publishing your games
GameSalad Case Studies
Here are some case studies about GameSalad:
David Conover, a game designer teacher at Connally High School in Pflugerville, Texas, talks about his experience with teaching game design using GameSalad. “GameSalad Creator is the fastest and easiest way for my students to design and create their own games in the classroom.” You can download the White Paper here.
Level Up your STEM Education Program
Chris Bruce, a physics teacher at James B. Conant High School in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, says that “students are much more motivated to figure out how to solve a difficult technical (math or logic) problem if it will lead to better creative expression,” and that “GameSalad is one of the best tools to utilize in the classroom.” You can download the Presentation here.
Game Salad Alternatives and Competitors
Other options for codeless game development include the following:
- Stencyl is a game creation platform enabling developers to design once and play anywhere across multiple platforms including iOS, Android, Flash, Windows, Mac and Linux without the need for code.
- Corona Labs is a development SDK which can be used to develop rich mobile apps for iOS, Android, Kindle and Nook from a single code base.
- Construct 2 by Scirra, Construct 2 is Scirra’s flagship product, it is the next generation of programming-free game creation.
8911 N Capital of Texas Hwy Ste 2210 Austin,
Brent Dusing – Chief Executive Officer of GameSalad
Brent is a technology business leader with a successful track record of pioneering and building leading companies in new markets. He has over a decade’s worth of experience as CEO taking companies from concept to product to business execution to scale to market leadership to liquidity.
GameSalad Jobs and Careers
GameSalad lists available jobs and positions here with openings in Texas across roles in Sales and Customer Services.
There are a wide range of places to get GameSalad tutorials:
- A beginners tutorial can be found here
- GameSalad’s own forum shares ideas and tips
- GameSalad’s YouTube channel features a number of tutorials
|Types:||Game Development, Game Engine|
Business of Apps publishes research on best app building software Posted on February 12, 2018 by Alberto Furlan io, Appsgeyser, Gamesalad, Fliplet, ShoutEm,GoodBarber, MobileRoadie, BuildFire,AppsBuilder, iBuildApps,Swiftic,AppsBar,AppMakr,Chupamobile,SiberianCMS....
The Big List of Android & iOS Game Development Tools, Engines, Libraries and Resources Posted on February 16, 2016 by Alberto Furlan GameSalad –This game-development tool is almost as beautiful as the games it makes, and more than....
The Big List of Mobile Game Development Tools, Engines, Guides and Resources Posted on October 31, 2014 by Christopher Reynolds GameSalad – Drag and drop game creation platform that lets you develop and publish to Windows Phone,....
Top IOS & Android Mobile Game Development Tools, Frameworks, Engines & Resources Posted on October 22, 2012 by Christopher Reynolds GameSalad – Drag and drop game creation platform that lets you develop and publish to Windows Phone,....
We are excited to partner with @DrZBISD and @BrownsvilleISD in their innovative mission to bring #STEM education to… https://t.co/mrv079PxO3(about 55 days ago)
RT @BrownsvilleISD: BISD’s Career and Technical Education department is making the GameSalad software available to all middle school studen…(about 55 days ago)
RT @CREEEDorg: .@CanutilloMs introduced its sixth graders to @GameSalad - an innovative computer science education program - and saw increa…(about 82 days ago)
RT @stulowe80: Video of our students explaining the process from ideas to design to making to publishing of their mobile game. #edtech #mak…(about 251 days ago)
Happy #TeacherAppreciationWeek! As a way of celebrating our beloved teachers, we have mailed out some goodies to o… https://t.co/GqvhjGXvUB(about 257 days ago)
- CREEED Partners with Canutillo ISD to Bring Computer Science Education to all Canutillo Middle School Students Posted on 01st November 2018 (about 3 months ago)
- BISD Brings STEM Education to all Middle School Students through GameSalad Posted on 26th October 2018 (about 3 months ago)
- New Teacher Dashboard Posted on 09th August 2018 (about 6 months ago)
- GameSalad Hurricane Harvey Relief Posted on 07th December 2017 (about 1 year ago)
- Bringing Computer Science Education to Rhode Island’s Students: Announcing GameSalad’s CS4RI Partnership Posted on 16th February 2017 (about 2 years ago)
Analytics and deep-linking platform
Cloud-based solution for smartphone and tablet publishing
Translate your software better.
a mobile source codes marketplace that grows with you!
Create apps for multiple platforms
Localization Made Easy
Be the first to leave a review.
Sorry, we don’t have these details yet. If you are a GameSalad representative, please get in touch to add additional information and contact options to your profile.