Moai is a free and open source game-development engine used to make award-winning game Broken Age, by Double Fine Studios. Using a combination of Lua, C++ and OpenGL, the platform can create games for iOS, Android and Windows Desktop.
The engine also integrates third-party plugins for monetisation, such as Apsalar and Tapjoy. Being open source, it is also fully customisable and given that it uses Lua, it codes at relatively low levels of abstraction, making games run faster across platforms. While it does not offer visual scripting tools, there’s nothing to stop users making one, and its forums already have a number of community-made plugins.
- Completely free
- Award-nominated stealth game Invisible, Inc. was produced with Moai
- Used by over 6000 developers
Sorry, we don’t have these details yet. If you are a [network_name] representative, please get in touch to add additional information and contact options to your profile.
- Top Android Game Development Tools Posted on 30th September 2015 (about 1 year ago)
- Invisible Inc. Out of Early Access Posted on 04th July 2015 (about 2 years ago)
- Kickstarter Gives Staff Pick to MOAI Game Posted on 12th March 2015 (about 2 years ago)
- Apple's 2014 App of the Year Posted on 10th December 2014 (about 2 years ago)
- Moai 1.5.2 Desktop Release Posted on 27th September 2014 (about 2 years ago)
- MOAI Fiddle Posted on 04th April 2014 (about 3 years ago)